Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NDSU-SDSU Fans-- Are we still country Bumkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU-SDSU Fans-- Are we still country Bumkins?

Originally posted by tlk23 View Post
    How embarrassing is it to call a game after one pitch? Get some common sense and don't even have the players warm up...I don't know where you get scheduling a game at 8:30 a.m. I said start the noon Sunday game an hour early, which would be at 11 a.m. for those that don't know simple math, and then play the 2nd game after that. The bus ride (or in your case, plane ride) would get the ORU kids to school the next day late Sunday, early Monday morning no matter if they played one game or two.
    I'm tired of responding to this guy, since he doesn't know his...from a hole in the ground. No pitchers warmed up...the game was cancelled long before the game (it was in the low 50's and the wind was blowing 35 miles an hour). Both coaches agreed that neither team wanted to play in the terrible weather. With that kind of weather, you call the athletic department to make sure it's on, so there was no big attendance. It was on GOJACKS and it was on the radio.

ORU was leaving after the noon game to catch the plane on which they had tickets. Is that too hard for you to understand TLK??? Why 8:30? Again, use your brain...they allow 30 minutes between games, and you have to allow three hours to play a nine inning game (ever heard of extra innings TLK?). Doesn't take too much energy to find out what the deal was instead of just spouting off with a lot of nonsense.

Comment

Re: NDSU-SDSU Fans-- Are we still country Bumkins?

Originally posted by m11jacks View Post
      . I trust the decision-makers. As far as the game called due to darkness, guess it's time for us to dig a little deeper in our pockets to make sure the problem is fixed.

And finally, No we're not bumpkins....we're JACKRABBITS!!!!!!!!!
      Right on, one day at a time. There would be nothing I would like better to happen than to get a call from the ticket office informing me that I have to give up my preferred seating for both BB and FB and must now select from a few choices of seating that are not as good as my current choices. The reason for the call is that people gave so much money to the JC that they now have more points than I do. With these extra gifts, Huether Field now has lights.

That would indeed remove any stigma of a bumpkin. Yes we are Jackrabbits. It beats being a prehistoric monster from Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Comment

Working...
      X