Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chicago State Rejoining the Summit League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chicago State Rejoining the Summit League?

Hammersmith:

Thanks for the info.

I checked their attendence to date and it appears they built a facility of 7000 which will take decades to fill based on the games to date

They have no more than 350 to their home games. Not a good deal long term.
    The neighborhood where CSU is located is very low income so the local support is not like it is at SDSU or NDSU. People in Elgin Ill, the western edge of the growing suburbs hardly know CSU exists, so the Chicago market is not all its cracked up to be. Did we not learn something from UNO and its local Omaha support? The big city that cares very little about UNO. UNO's local support or lack there of has more to do with other things than the Huskers being only 50 miles away. People in Omaha don't know nor do they care about UNO except for the D1 hockey which is no longer a novelity and led to the other problems in the athletic department. I know UNO is D2, but it is pretty much a commuter school as is Chicago State.

I think its nuts to think just because an institution is located in a metro area that it translated into filled arenas and football stadiums. It does not happen without effort. I would be willing to bet that CSU could televise every game and they still would not draw over 500. I think CSU is a big financial risk. I dont know too much about Emil Jones but he did not donate personal funds to CSU. A powerful man in the legislature, but probably not independantly wealthy I could be very wrong.

Ahh the real story on Emil Jones Senate Minority Leader Illinois State legislature At the end of this blog, the writer indicates that the taxpayers of Illinois paid for the new center. With unequal incomes in the USA, this may not be all bad, but its not a solid branch to hang a Summit League hat.:

http://www.americansforprosperity.or...=4013&state=il
    Last edited by Nidaros; 01-14-2008, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X