Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLT March 2024 MBB

https://thesummitleague.org/news/202...p-bracket.aspx

The seeds seem like suggestions at this time. The quarterfinal games will be similar to the play-in game which is flip a coin for best results. Will the yotes disappear Friday night or will ORU go diving for 8 losses in a row? How many teams will have fan turnout for the tournament? KC is a team to watch as they are on an upward trajectory as the conference season ended with a 6 game winning streak.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

With the Bison and Yotes men both in the dumpster it will be a really Blue weekend t the Denney! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Zeke locks up the Peak Player of the month for the Summit. This should be followed by POY.
      SUMMIT LEAGUE GARNERS MAYO WITH MONTHLY HONOR - South Dakota State University Athletics (gojacks.com)
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

It's the Jacks and the 4,6 and 7seeds in the semi's as Omaha beats the F'ing Hawks by one.
        Last edited by bigticket1; 03-11-2024, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Frankie Fidler is something else, man

Comment

Seeds mean nothing in this tournament

Comment

Bruner is doing nothing in this game to decrease his irksomeness.

Comment

Rubber match with Denver. Be interesting to see how Bruners foot/ankle on third game in as many days.

Comment

Here is an article about the attendance and renewal/option year for the SLT. The Fenton quote at the end of article has indication that the "competitive equity" has much importance for Fenton. That quote has me thinking he is seriously shopping the tournament with attendance and income taking a back seat.
                  https://www.keloland.com/keloland-co..._5deqkYBbAib1U

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Here is an article about the attendance and renewal/option year for the SLT. The Fenton quote at the end of article has indication that the "competitive equity" has much importance for Fenton. That quote has me thinking he is seriously shopping the tournament with attendance and income taking a back seat.
                    https://www.keloland.com/keloland-co..._5deqkYBbAib1U
                    Dumb. How many years have we won the SLT as a lower seed? We've been at or near the top of the league in the regular season almost every year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Dumb. How many years have we won the SLT as a lower seed? We've been at or near the top of the league in the regular season almost every year.
                      Without going back and doing the calculations, I would guess that the men on the average have probably under-performed their seeds, mainly due to losing in the first round when they were the 1 seed and losing in the semi's last year as the 2 seed. The only year I can recall over-performing is beating the Yotes in Otz's first season.

Comment

I completely understand where the other schools would be frustrated, but they do themselves no favors by putting no effort into attending the games. When Omaha or NDSU has made the title game they still have no one show up. I would be willing to bet if the tournament was held in Omaha, SDSU would still have the most fans in attendance.

Comment

Well Fenton's job is to maximize the experience and revenue for the league. He is only doing his job by exploring other venues and putting pressure on the SFSA to up the ante. So really he is just doing his job. Overall I approve of Fenton as commissioner, I think he is trying to be innovative by thinking outside the box. By getting CBS Sports to broadcast some regular season games and some of the tourney games. This may force Midco to increase their bid and ESPN to do the same. This may work to the league's favor and it may not, but at least he is trying to create competition for coverage of the league.

Personally I think with the Summit League office in Sioux Falls, that the tourney will be best served in Sioux Falls. But I think that was one of the reasons for having the Summit League office move to SF in the first place.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

We can hope that Fenton does not follow the equity trail and end up with crowds like the OVC. I see the men's final game was attended by less than 1500 which is better than the less than 1200 most of the sessions. The women's sessions were equally bad ranging from 464 to 1715 for the final. The final included So Indiana which is located in Evansville where the 10,000 seat Ford Center is the venue. It is somewhat in the center of the conference footprint and they have had the event for several years with several more to go. The women have counted 4166 for 4 sessions. The men counted 5018 in 4 sessions. That is less than 9200. The Summit tallied over 70,000. I cannot compare corporate money. Fenton has his work cut out for him to jump without those extra 60,000+ tickets sold. Omaha, KC, and Denver do not support their teams. St Paul is an unknown and it would require significant corporate money to firm a bid. I know that when Omaha was hosting doubleheaders the Jackrabbit fans outnumbered the Mavs for the women and were competitive with the Mavs for men. KC & Denver both went to smaller venues with the smaller crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
                              I completely understand where the other schools would be frustrated, but they do themselves no favors by putting no effort into attending the games. When Omaha or NDSU has made the title game they still have no one show up. I would be willing to bet if the tournament was held in Omaha, SDSU would still have the most fans in attendance.
                              This. Literally the only thing moving the tournament would do is slash attendance. The fan support for other teams is generally pathetic. There are tickets to buy every year. It’s never a sold out event.

i go to the games in Denver every year. No one shows up to their games. As much as I love the SLT it’s becoming clear to me we need to look for something different.

Comment

Working...
                              X