Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Scheduling

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...ional-rankings

Good riddance. Bring on some doubleheaders !

Comment

Nice article, as far as getting a higher Conference Net, so we can get two bids to the NCAA Tournament consistently, we have to have around half the Conference teams be able to beat some medium high Net ranked teams in the OOC scheduling. That's a lot of improvement for a few teams I know, but that's the way it is and what we need. The better the league gets, the better for everyone, everybody rows or the boat loses everytime. We need more revenue to support athletics, doubleheaders do that, glad the Commish is coming around to seeing that. I hope he continues to aggressively get more exposure for the league and ability to watch most (eventually any of the ) games by getting his Summit League Network up and running, at least in our market anyway. Money will come eventually from it when and if the product gets better. I'm interested in this. hope others share their views, would like to hear them, they have to be better than mine.

Comment

Thank you. The worst part about it was you could not watch both teams in a night. They mostly played the game at the same time. Infuriating.

Comment

As much as I like the summit, when other league members go out of their way just for convenience of scheduling instead of maximizing fan and TV interest shows how how little they are invested into growing their sports.

I figured midco hated it. I feel our league should allow for schduling games thst maximize TV exposure.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Looks like Zimmer was fed some bad information. Mirror scheduling is back in 2023/2024. Very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post
              Looks like Zimmer was fed some bad information. Mirror scheduling is back in 2023/2024. Very disappointing.
              Definitely disappointing. I wonder if the rationale was the WIU's departure and significantly reducing "mirrored" games was too onerous, and we'll see reduced mirror schedules for 2024-25.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Definitely disappointing. I wonder if the rationale was the WIU's departure and significantly reducing "mirrored" games was too onerous, and we'll see reduced mirror schedules for 2024-25.
                The commissioner was on Dom Izzy’s show/podcast yesterday and talked a lot about basketball scheduling. The WIU issue came up.

At least they finally got the NDSU/SDSU games away from Christmas break.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

The commissioner was on Dom Izzy’s show/podcast yesterday and talked a lot about basketball scheduling. The WIU issue came up.

At least they finally got the NDSU/SDSU games away from Christmas break.
                  He should make that his rap alias, and his duo with McFeely could be "McFeelin' Izzy." Seriously though, full access to content like Ixzo's "Hot Mic" content is one of the things I like about Mitchell Republic subscription.

I agree regarding Christmas break scheduling.

Comment

Continuing mirror scheduling is a major strike against the new commish.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

They needed mirror scheduling last season with 10 teams, and say they need it this season with 9. Doesn't seem to be many scenarios for it to change in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

They needed mirror scheduling last season with 10 teams, and say they need it this season with 9. Doesn't seem to be many scenarios for it to change in the future.
                        This Conference seems hopelessly committed to mirror scheduling for whatever reason, just lip service that it will change, and right back to it , regardless of any objections. Not a good way to keep members happy enough to stay put is it ???

Comment

Guess I'm hoping it's a matter of league thinking teams were scrambling to replace WIU on schedule, they were already accustomed to mirror schedule for support staff, vendors, etc., and it could be a smoother transition in those circumstances.

I also wonder if it might be more conducive to Frost/FB&T construction this season in that it eliminates a couple hours fans and construction crew would be in same area were doubleheaders to be in play.

Comment

Guess I'm hoping it's a matter of league thinking teams were scrambling to replace WIU on schedule, they were already accustomed to mirror schedule for support staff, vendors, etc., and it could be a smoother transition in those circumstances.

I also wonder if it might be more conducive to Frost/FB&T construction this season in that it eliminates a couple hours fans and construction crew would be in same area were doubleheaders to be in play.
                            Couldn't be anything tougher on support staff and vendors than mirror scheduling. Assures that they need to work every Thursday and Saturday for the entire conference schedule. No days off. And I thought construction stops from when they start using Frost this fall until the basketball seasons end.

Comment

Couldn't be anything tougher on support staff and vendors than mirror scheduling. Assures that they need to work every Thursday and Saturday for the entire conference schedule. No days off. And I thought construction stops from when they start using Frost this fall until the basketball seasons end.
                              Suppose it's a question of whether they want to work a single shift or double shift.

I was basing my construction statement on this Midco segment (approx. 4min mark when Jeff Holm makes a point to correct Tom Nieman about construction not halting during VB).

Comment

Working...
                              X