Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023-24 Summit vs Big Sky

https://thesummitleague.org/news/202...ge-series.aspx
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Great idea.

Comment

Would love to see this with the MVC and or the Horizon too.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Great idea.
        Yes it is a very good idea. I think it has significantly more value for MBB than it does for WBB
        the women pretty routinely are able to schedule competition of this level or better, but it is almost impossible for the men to get good opponents at home and already did benefit from the previous agreement with the Big Sky by getting EWU at home this year

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Would love to see this with the MVC and or the Horizon too.
          It would be great if we could have it for the men but i am not sure it would be the best thing for the women. obviously we already have an ongoing relationship with Green Bay for the women and assuming they will try to match up top teams with top teams, etc... we might just end up playing Green Bay most of the time anyway

i am sure it is unlikely the conferences would make a MBB only deal, but i do think WBB teams in general have an easier time with scheduling

on the MBB side of it, you gotta believe Coach Nagy would be very unexcited about being in Frost as a visitor. obviously he would be well received and warmly welcomed, but he is no fan of ceremony and obviously knows how difficult it is to win road games at Frost

i wish we had some idea how some of these scheduling conversations go. how many of these teams have we contacted? (I kind of assume almost all to all of them, but i dont know that)

I find it interesting looking at Northern Kentucky schedule. they are a team that is basically always at the top of their conference, like we are, but if i see it correctly they were able to get home games with Cincinnati and Kent St

i am curious the reason?? how much of it is because they actually lose home games (they lost 2 conference games at home this year)? i just cannot imagine that they are regarded SO MUCH MORE highly than the jacks are that a loss to them is considered OK, but a loss to the jacks is a killer. it really makes me wonder HOW MUCH are we penalized for being one of the top 1-3 home teams in the country for the last 10+ years??

Comment

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-...4443cfcd6.html

Matchups have been announced:

Women:
            Away: NAU (Jan 3)
            Home: Montana State (Jan 6)

Men:
            Away: Weber State (Jan 3)

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
              https://406mtsports.com/college/big-...4443cfcd6.html

Matchups have been announced:

Women:
              Away: NAU (Jan 3)

Men:
              Away: Weber State (Jan 3)
              I like that double header!
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Heavy dose of Montana State next year. Their mbb team got totally stripped this off season.

Comment

Working...
                X