ORU in the NCAA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORU in the NCAA

ORU is currently getting run out of the gym by Duke 34-18.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Oru can't throw it in ocean. And when they get near the ocean it gets swatted.

Apparently no one in the summit is Duke level.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Haven't watched much of the game but have seen Max get his pocket picked 3 times. Now behind 48-23. The Cinderella thing doesn't seem to be working this trip.

Comment

ORU's shooting 23% and are 3-20 from 3 point range. More than doubled up right now, 52-25.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          Oru can't throw it in ocean. And when they get near the ocean it gets swatted.

Apparently no one in the summit is Duke level.
          i actually thought the jacks were pretty close to duke. we just lost some games cuz of injuries and the refs needed glasses))) HAHAHAHAHAHA

i actually think the committee knows that ORU had a nice path last time and definitely was not gonna do them any favors this time, but nobody will ever say that has anything to do with choosing opponents but there is lots of evidence that they pay attention to who matches up with former cinderellas and other things like setting up interesting rematches, etc... that have nothing to do with the official seeding and pairing criteria

Comment

Hopefully this doesn't stop somebody from hiring Mills.

Comment

Oru seemed bothered by Dukes size.

How many of oru seniors have another covid year and are coming back? Or are any of them finally out of eligibility?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Was it cold in Orlando?

Comment

We played a lot better in our 4-13 last year. Ugh that was ugly.

Comment

Duke's pg just dominated Max. Not a great way to end a college career.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      We played a lot better in our 4-13 last year. Ugh that was ugly.
                      two teams have gone undefeated through the summit for some reason one was a 13 playing a 4 in the ncaa and the other was a 12 playing a 5

the thirteen seed was ahead for a lot of the first 9 minutes and only down by 3 with 30 seconds to go
                      the twelve was behind by 15-20 points the WHOLE GAME

i am sure there are many points of view about that, but my "totally unbiased" point of view is one was definitely the better undefeated champ)))

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Duke's pg just dominated Max. Not a great way to end a college career.
                        the announcers made an excellent point. Duke did a GREAT job of guarding the ball screen and hard doubling Max. and the screeners never did a good enough job of making them pay. ORU needed to run Max off some screens away from the ball but they never adjusted

Comment

*thud* Welcome back to planet Earth, Oral Roberts. Whoop whoop.

(Okay...smackish...I ban myself from this thread for a while)
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            *thud* Welcome back to planet Earth, Oral Roberts. Whoop whoop.

(Okay...smackish...I ban myself from this thread for a while)
                            No, No Filbert, absolutely loved it... you're a reflection of what many think, you're a hero lol ! Didn't know you were such a rebel.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                              Was it cold in Orlando?
                              It was in the mid 70s and sunny. The team likely has a field trip to Disney World today. I could not watch much in the 2nd half to watch the refs win it for Duke.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X