Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 SLT Women's Basketball

The Summit L
    Here is a bracket I found online courtesy of the Mitchell Republic.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

You can Google it to get printable copies.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      The Summit L
      Here is a bracket I found online courtesy of the Mitchell Republic.

maybe there is something that i am missing as far as the reason for going to this, or any other, paper, but in the interest of being helpful:

you can also go to the summit league website for info and brackets for both MBB and WBB

The Summit League

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

maybe there is something that i am missing as far as the reason for going to this, or any other, paper, but in the interest of being helpful:

you can also go to the summit league website for info and brackets for both MBB and WBB

The Summit League
        You and Roy have overlooked the basis for the statement. The Argus has not had an article until today when McCleary gave a top 5 women to watch in the SLT. As a subscriber of the Argus, I would have expected more coverage for the end of the season for 2 undefeated teams in conference. I apologize to everyone for not being more transparent for my statement. The USA page of the Argus had the scores listed Sunday without any indication yet in the regular Argus sports section. By the way, the Watertown reporter Roger Merriam had an article about SD today which covered high school wrestling. That was the 2 SD sports articles today. It does not look as there will be another writer covering the SLT for the Argus. This and the Argus pulling a 2nd conservative comic from their paper will delete my subscription. ( Who would have thought Dilbert was controversial?)
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

You and Roy have overlooked the basis for the statement. The Argus has not had an article until today when McCleary gave a top 5 women to watch in the SLT. As a subscriber of the Argus, I would have expected more coverage for the end of the season for 2 undefeated teams in conference. I apologize to everyone for not being more transparent for my statement. The USA page of the Argus had the scores listed Sunday without any indication yet in the regular Argus sports section. By the way, the Watertown reporter Roger Merriam had an article about SD today which covered high school wrestling. That was the 2 SD sports articles today. It does not look as there will be another writer covering the SLT for the Argus. This and the Argus pulling a 2nd conservative comic from their paper will delete my subscription. ( Who would have thought Dilbert was controversial?)
          yes, as i said, i kinda figured there was something i was not picking up! definitely do NOT see any reason for an apology

i just thought your post was a good opening to add the summit link, but YES you are correct it seems there is going to be less local newsprint coverage for the SLT than there has ever been. this was the time of year that i probably went and bought the paper more than any other time. for the last decade i probably go to the gas station and pick up the argus 10-15 times and probably 3-5 of those were during SLT time

as for why i stopped subscribing, i just think that the argus has really not been a local paper for a long time

Comment

The content of the comic strip had nothing to do with the suspension.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

i pay for the online Mitchell Daily Republic and get to read Zims articles. Im sure he will have plenty in there about the Summit Tourney

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Excellent point, but now I'm curious about what the non-Dilbert comic was.

Regardless, a Dilbert loss is a price I'd be happy to pay for more Jacks coverage; it just won't be with the Argus

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

i pay for the online Mitchell Daily Republic and get to read Zims articles. Im sure he will have plenty in there about the Summit Tourney
                  Forum's deal is pretty dang good; subscribers get Jacks coverage and Bison intel from the Fargo folks

Comment

Yep I switched to Inforum (for the Mitchell and Sioux Falls coverage)

Comment

I find myself reading quite a bit of Fargo Forum articles now that I have subscribed for Mitchell Republic access as well. McFeely, Kolpack, and Izzo are good. Check out Izzo's podcasts too.

Getting pack on topic.....

It can't hurt recruiting to put another beating on USD in a high profile Sunday afternoon game. Three of those in a season would undoubtedly make an impression. Hopefully that's how it works out.

Comment

How do the Forum articles compare to Sioux Falls Live? I am still trying to figure out what exactly is what.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

My observation so far is SFLive has a ways to go to be "live", I'm hoping it's because they r building a team.
                          it tends to resemble the Argus with content many days old. Again, I think it is the future and I have to be patient.

Comment

Zimmer is a part of SF LIve and the Forum. Are the articles the same? Is there anything on SFLive that isn't in the Forum and vise versa? I like that there are options that are not the Argus.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              Zimmer is a part of SF LIve and the Forum. Are the articles the same? Is there anything on SFLive that isn't in the Forum and vise versa? I like that there are options that are not the Argus.
                              The Forum Comms Network includes stories from papers in MN too, so if you're a fan of regional pro sports teams, you have access to content there you might not otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X