No announcement yet.

Summit League Tickets 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suspect 2 "presale" groups, then general sales, so 3 levels if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      So if my group of 4 can't make a session, one of us needs to go in, go out and go back in 4 times ? Gives advantage to people who live in Sioux Falls, or are fortunate to be able to stay in town for all five days. Penalizes people who live an hour or two away and drive every day.
      Yes. Yes. Yes. Where exactly is the problem? If you can't manage this, then get your 2nd level presale and be happy. You shouldn't reward the people who go to all the sessions because it doesn't work for you? You control your own destiny on when you can try and get seats and there are still complaints. This is the kind of stuff I would expect from Yotes fans.

Comment

The Summit League is understandably interested in getting the maximum attendance at every session of the tournament, and that's what they're trying to encourage with their policies. Play the game and you're rewarded, don't, and you're not. Simple, really.

Sure, not everyone can actually take all the days/hours off to attend every session, but for those who buy an all-session pass (i.e. to get the best-available seats), it's reasonable from the Summit League point of view to expect them to either use the tickets themselves or get someone else to go to the sessions they can't get to.

It's definitely not an optimal policy for fans of individual schools, but the SL wants butts-in-seats (or at least, tickets-used) to get the maximum recorded attendance for the tournament. Quite understandable from that point of view.

You have to hope that a similar policy is being applied to the corporate sponsors, to minimize the horror of Empty-Corporate-Seat Syndrome that too often afflicts college basketball.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Yes. Yes. Yes. Where exactly is the problem? If you can't manage this, then get your 2nd level presale and be happy. You shouldn't reward the people who go to all the sessions because it doesn't work for you? You control your own destiny on when you can try and get seats and there are still complaints. This is the kind of stuff I would expect from Yotes fans.
          Hoping this isn't treading into 'Yoteliness, but I've often wondered if the League could offer a compromise "team ticket" package allowing fans of one team to only attend that team's games. It could be priced somewhere between individual game and "all session" rates.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Wow, somebody needs a Snickers.

Comment

I did see many instances of 1 person having tickets scanned and then leaving. There was a workaround. There were a few games that turned out boring, but there was also early games like the Roos winning a couple with a skeleton crew. I enjoy the time off to watch the SLT along with a few thousand others. It offers the time to watch other fan bases as well. The boring games happen.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Today is the first day of presale tickets for the SLT. 11/21/23 is the next day for presale. I hope to see much blue again March 2024.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I was in the first pre-sale group and I thought the process worked well (can't say that for some past experiences with Ticketmaster!).

It was well known at last year's Summit Tourney that the 2024 tickets sales would prioritize sales to those who attend all sessions. Filbert's comments above are correct: the League wants people in the stands. The Summit League's tourney attendance in Sioux Falls makes other conference tourneys take notice. Eventually that can lead to more attention for the Summit League and perhaps contribute to an improviing public perception of the member schools and their teams.

Almost without exception, my wife and I attend every game anyway so the new policy was an advantage to us. (Sometimes, for non-SDSU games, we show up a little late and sometimes we leave a game a little early but my ticket always got counted. I have a book to read during some games and make sure my phone is fully charged just in case I'm looking for a little distraction. I may have been accused of dozing off during a few slow games. -- although not as often as my wife says. What's not to like about being out of the office watching basketball while nursing a beer or two-- irrespective of who is playing. And for all that hard work, I make the Summit League head office happy and I got to pick some pretty good seats for the 2024 tourney!)

Comment

My memory is not very good and I know that but I dont remember near as many deals as they are promoting about tickets now. First I get an email buy 1 lower level get 2nd half price, next buy 1 get 1 free. Now the real stake in the heart.....friends bought upper level seats during presales and now they are offering the same seats with a free bloody mary per session! I'm not so sure their greed is not about to screw up a good thing.

Comment

The free Bloody Mary was in previous years. It has definitely changed when the presales changed. I would guess most people bought that normally buy. The walk up crowd may not materialize and the people who were upset at the choice of seats may not have responded despite the noise they made. I would still expect decent crowds for the Jackrabbit games. I do not know how those other may show who do not show for normal conference contests. The Tommies have a smaller venue that fills for the men. ORU draws decent crowds for the men. NDSU has a good following with both men and women having above average chances of advancing in the SLT. Fenton's biggest job is obtaining more teams for the Summit League. I would hope that is a change he pursues every day.

Comment

Does anyone know when all session pass tickets will show up in Ticketmaster accounts? Does it need to wait for regular season to end and seeds are determined?

This is the first year I have ever had all an session pass. Didn't get ideal seats but they are in lower bowl at least. The goal being if I can attend every game this year, there will be opportunity for a better upgrade next year.

Comment

Mine have been in my account for a while. they’re not in your normal Ticketmaster account though. might check your email or your junk bin and see if the link is in there otherwise call the box office,
                          “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

I have two seats together in section 115, row T for sale. These are all session passes for men’s, and women’s. Willing to split into men’s and women’s, but not individual games/sessions.
                            “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Gameday View Post
                              Mine have been in my account for a while. they’re not in your normal Ticketmaster account though. might check your email or your junk bin and see if the link is in there otherwise call the box office,
                              Thanks, I think I got it figured out. If I go to https://am.ticketmaster.com/dennysanford/my-profile? on a laptop I can see my tickets there

but if I go to https://www.ticketmaster.com/ I got nothing. And no way to see them on the ticketmaster app on my phone

Comment

Do they still give the option of getting physical tickets ? I remember going to the Premier Center last year a few days before the tournament to pick them up.

Comment

Working...
                                X