WBB Summit League 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    UND, NDSU, & ORU are 8-6 and tied for 2nd. ORU visits those 2 this week. It is possible we will see a team grab the 2nd spot. Jory's bison have stumbled losing 4 of the last 5 with the only win an OT game in Fargo. USD(7-7) hosts Omaha(7-8) & Denver(7-8) as those 3 teams try to avoid a Friday game as a 7 seed. Omaha and Denver are trending up a smidge as they head into the SD.
    If I was them I would be hoping to get the 7 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post

If I was them I would be hoping to get the 7 seed.
      Question: If the yotes pick up a 7 seed, would that bring a crowd for Friday afternoon? Answer: Only if they could count sold tickets.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Question: If the yotes pick up a 7 seed, would that bring a crowd for Friday afternoon? Answer: Only if they could count sold tickets.
        You bring up a good point. How many different excuses will they come up with when there is more blue than red in the seats.

Comment

Looking at how many people the Yotes had in the stands at home for both games against SDSU and the relative mediocrity of both of their teams, And I mean looking at it on TV or in pics and not the BS numbers they report. would bet that the number of those in red will be way down this year at the SLT. Hope they sell their tickets to fans in blue.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
            Looking at how many people the Yotes had in the stands at home for both games against SDSU and the relative mediocrity of both of their teams, And I mean looking at it on TV or in pics and not the BS numbers they report. would bet that the number of those in red will be way down this year at the SLT. Hope they sell their tickets to fans in blue.

SUPERBUNNY
            For years we had to listen to Yote fans bitch that they didn't have access to good seats because the process favored long term ticket holders. It will be interesting to see

with the change in ticketing how many fans in red put their money where their mouths are and stepped up.

Comment

In all seriousness, it is a shame that their fans don't turn out better. When they built their new arena I'm sure the thought was that it would greatly add to interest and attendance and it doesn't appear to have worked that way to this point. Heck, there looked like more Jacks fans in Denver last night than the Yotes had at home against the Jacks WBB game. If you haven't been there for a game, it really is a very nice place to watch a basketball game. Definitely a facility that they should be very proud of.

That said, there sure aren't may Yote fans that come to Brookings any more either. Like bigticket1 said above, it will be interesting to see what the turnout is in Sioux Falls at the SLT.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

As we near the end of the conference season, I believe the Jackrabbits have 2 candidates for the 6th player of the year. Paige Meyer off the bench has astounding numbers at PG. She is shooting 54.3% from the field averaging 9.5 points/game. She is pulling 2.4 boards and 3.2 assists and 1.7 turnover. The other candidate is averaging 16.3 minutes/game. Kallie Theisen averages 6 points on 47.5% shooting. She also leads the team in rebounds with 6.4 and she leads the team in blocks at 1+/game. I have watched a few other teams and I have a hard time looking past these 2 players.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

As we near the end of the conference season, I believe the Jackrabbits have 2 candidates for the 6th player of the year. Paige Meyer off the bench has astounding numbers at PG. She is shooting 54.3% from the field averaging 9.5 points/game. She is pulling 2.4 boards and 3.2 assists and 1.7 turnover. The other candidate is averaging 16.3 minutes/game. Kallie Theisen averages 6 points on 47.5% shooting. She also leads the team in rebounds with 6.4 and she leads the team in blocks at 1+/game. I have watched a few other teams and I have a hard time looking past these 2 players.
                  Here is one man's opinion on final awards:

Coach of the Year: AJ
                  Defensive Player of the Year: Makayla Minett, DU
                  6th Person of the Year: Kallie Theisen, SDSU

1st Team All Conference:
                  POY: Myah Selland, SDSU
                  Kacie Borowicz, UND
                  Hannah Cooper, ORU
                  Grace Larkins, USD
                  Heaven Hamling, NDSU
                  Elena Pilakouta, Omaha

2nd Team All Conference:
                  Haleigh Timmer, SDSU
                  Paiton Burckhard, SDSU
                  Tirzah Moore, ORU
                  Anna Deets, WIU
                  Maggie Negaard, UST

All Newcomer:
                  NOY: Manna Mensah, KC
                  ROY: Elle Evans, NDSU
                  Ruthie Udoumoh, ORU
                  Emma Smith, DU
                  Aaliyah Stanley, Omaha
                  Last edited by SteelSD; 02-20-2023, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Here is one man's opinion on final awards:

Coach of the Year: AJ
                    Defensive Player of the Year: Makayla Minett- DU
                    6th Person of the Year: Kallie Theisen, SDSU

1st Team All Conference:
                    POY: Myah Selland, SDSU
                    Kacie Borowicz, UND
                    Hannah Cooper, ORU
                    Grace Larkins, USD
                    Heaven Hamling, NDSU
                    Elena Pilakouta, Omaha

2nd Team All Conference:
                    Haleigh Timmer, SDSU
                    Paiton Burckhard, SDSU
                    Tirzah Moore, ORU
                    Anna Deets, WIU
                    Maggie Negaard, UST

All Newcomer:
                    NOY: Manna Mensah, KC
                    ROY: Elle Evans, NDSU
                    Ruthie Udoumoh, ORU
                    Emma Smith, DU
                    Aaliyah Stanley, Omaha
                    Hopefully the voters will recognize the dominant season the Jacks have had and put two on the first team. A number of players have better raw stats than Paiton and Haleigh, but with the depth that AJ uses, they don't get the minutes players on other teams do. When looking at the conference stats, I was surprised to see that the Jacks don't have anyone in the top 25 in minutes played per game in conference play. A number of the players at the top of the stat categories are playing 10 minutes a game more than the Jacks do.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Hopefully the voters will recognize the dominant season the Jacks have had and put two on the first team. A number of players have better raw stats than Paiton and Haleigh, but with the depth that AJ uses, they don't get the minutes players on other teams do. When looking at the conference stats, I was surprised to see that the Jacks don't have anyone in the top 25 in minutes played per game in conference play. A number of the players at the top of the stat categories are playing 10 minutes a game more than the Jacks do.
                      Unfortunately there is a point where raw stats drive post season awards. That's the problem with a team like SDSU, you give up some personal glory for the good of the team. Luckily this is a fact the players embrace. I feel about 99% confident with the first 5 on my list. I think the POY comes down to Myah and Cooper from ORU. But I have to think that you need to give it to the best player on the far-and-away best team in the league. The one I struggled with on the 1st team was the final selection, and that came down to Pilakouta and Timmer. I tried to come at it from what I think the voters would choose and went with Pilakouta, but I would love to be wrong and see Hailey be rewarded. Of course my personal vote would be for HT. Burckhart on the 2nd team was again recognition to overall talent and contribution to a teams dominant season over gaudy stats. I hope the voters look that way as well.

Comment

The conference season honors are likely divvied out recognizing stats on a macro basis. The last year ORU was in conference before going to the Southland they had Morrison as the POY over Wolters who had great numbers going into the SLT. Nate did garner the tournament MVP and led the Jackrabbits into the first NCAA tourney. I would not be surprised to see someone with numbers earned in 35+ minutes/game on a less successful team edge out Myah for POY to spread out awards. The Jackrabbits will get accolades for a successful season should they finish undefeated in conference play.

Comment

The conference season honors are likely divvied out recognizing stats on a macro basis. The last year ORU was in conference before going to the Southland they had Morrison as the POY over Wolters who had great numbers going into the SLT. Nate did garner the tournament MVP and led the Jackrabbits into the first NCAA tourney. I would not be surprised to see someone with numbers earned in 35+ minutes/game on a less successful team edge out Myah for POY to spread out awards. The Jackrabbits will get accolades for a successful season should they finish undefeated in conference play.
                          You very well may be correct. I guess we will see how close I am to the final selections and we can nitpick it from there. That will give us something to discuss at the SLT!

Comment

Working...
                          X