"Snow Belt" Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Are all of these schools going to be able to find the $ to fund 22 more scholarships ?
    22 men's football scholarships. Also need to fund ~22 women's scholarships to match.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

22 men's football scholarships. Also need to fund ~22 women's scholarships to match.
      And to be honest, not many of those extra 22 are likely to see the field. If you would look at FBS schools, I doubt that they play many more players over the course of the season than the FCS schools with the smaller rosters. And if you look at the transfer portal with FBS schools, I would bet that a high % of their players that transfer fall into the 64 through 85 roster spots. It does give them more margin for error in evaluating players, but not sure that is worth the extra costs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

And to be honest, not many of those extra 22 are likely to see the field. If you would look at FBS schools, I doubt that they play many more players over the course of the season than the FCS schools with the smaller rosters. And if you look at the transfer portal with FBS schools, I would bet that a high % of their players that transfer fall into the 64 through 85 roster spots. It does give them more margin for error in evaluating players, but not sure that is worth the extra costs.
        Excellent point, another way of framing that is asking how often have the Jacks really been burned by misinterpreting/mismeasuring that margin of error.

Comment

Working...
        X