• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMKC and Billy Donlon are DONE

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...ZONJ8Auo7Wfp0w

Wowza.

https://twitter.com/mattnorlander/st...ZONJ8Auo7Wfp0w

Comment

He had a pair of Summit transfers in the gate for next season. Would this create a problem for those recruits? Another new head coach for the Summit League makes this a tough place to coach all of a sudden.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Aaaaaaand he is signed to be an assistant at Clemson. I thought he was a pretty dang good head coach, don’t understand the move at all

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post
          Aaaaaaand he is signed to be an assistant at Clemson. I thought he was a pretty dang good head coach, don’t understand the move at all
          Could be a combination of $ and maybe the realization that it was going to be tough to compete at the very top of the league. Will be interesting if this causes a player like Allick to see if he might find greener pastures somewhere else.

Comment

Boogie just decommitted.

Comment

Some discussion of Ben McCullom on the Roo's board. One of my favorite coaches when I'd watch Northwest Mo totally dismantle Lindenwood year after year. Even with more money, can't understand why he'd want to play at the Swinney.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                Some discussion of Ben McCullom on the Roo's board. One of my favorite coaches when I'd watch Northwest Mo totally dismantle Lindenwood year after year. Even with more money, can't understand why he'd want to play at the Swinney.
                My understanding is Ben has turned down better DI jobs than UMKC, so it's hard to think he'd go that direction unless he is sold on the location or comes to the conclusion that he's not going to get a mid-major offer without showing out at a low-major first.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Boogie just decommitted.
                  It looks like Harden-Hayes bailed as well.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Mavin Menzies is taking over at UMKC. At New Mexico State he had 8 winning seasons in 9 years, winning the WAC tournament 5 times. He went on to coach at UNLV for 3 years where he was replaced by Otz in 2019. He was last an assistant coach at Grand Canyon University for the 2019-2020 season. Some of the assistant coaching pit stops along the way include: San Diego State (under Steve Fisher), USC, UNLV (under Lon Kruger), and Louisville (under Rick Pitino). People enjoy talking about coaching trees, and this guy has served under some greats.

Comment

I hold Donlon ar a higher level than Menzies. Maybe it was all the hate talk on the UNLV board when Otz was hired.

Comment

Working...
                      X