• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FYI...Mid-Con Name change...

Mid-11 (or is it 10, whatever)
    ACC - All over the Continent Conference
    MMCC - Mostly Mid-Continent Conference
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

The Meridian Conference?

The Trans-American Conference?

I'm not feeling the jive with those names.....

I suppose we could always sell the conference name to the highest bidder.....within reason.

The Daktronics Conference? Sadly, it sounds too similar to the DAC-10..... :P

Perhaps Schells will pony up the funds for the Grain Belt Conference.... : : :

Well, I'm still thinking.......

Comment

You have the Big West, Big South, Big East, how about the BIG NORTH!

Comment

I have a feeling that the folks at Centenary won't like the Big North . . . or the Great Northern Conference or anything like that.  I'm kind of starting to like the Mid-Con name better all of the time unless someone comes up with a good non-directional non-geographic name like the the fine schools over in The Horizon League did.

Comment

I know that we have not even started conference play and I am ashamed to say this but.... Screw Centenary, Hopefully they join a southern conference and open a slot for UND...as much as it pains me to say it.

Comment

Ive always liked the Mid Continent name, although I would like to see a new logo. I kind of like the "Trans America" name, It could be referred to as "The TAC" that sounds pretty good and it's descriptive. Maybe "Big Midwest" would work.

Comment

Trans America was the name of the Atlantic Sun conference until a couple of years ago. It was never a very strong D I conference, so I don't think we would want to be tied to that history.

Comment

I wonder if you could not sell the naming rights like they do stadium names. Call it the Nike All-American Conference. The Trans-American Conference could be sold to the Trans-American insurance company.

Speaking of selling naming rights to the stadium. Actually how about the Blue Bunny area. I actually know the Blue Bunny CEO. Our kids went to school together when they lived out here. He moved to Iowa to take the position a year or two ago. My wife still keeps in touch with his wife on occasion.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

How 'bout:
                    Pioneer Athletic Conference
                    Big North
                    Big America
                    Plains athletic
                    Mid America
                    Middle Athletic
                    Prairie Athletic
                    or just.......
                    Beer
                    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Pioneer--nope: Pioneer Football League (I-AA non-scholi football)
                      Mid-America--nope: MIAA (D-II Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletic Association; Mid-American Conference (MAC) I-A)

It's not an easy conference to name . . .
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here's Mr. Vandrovec's article on this.......

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...NkMDoOZ7yfY%3D
                        “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Great West.. haha. i think its legit ;D ;D

Comment

Can somebody explain to me what the problem is with "Mid Continent" other than it represents a product that has been marginal in the past? If that's the case then putting higher quality teams into the conference (i.e. NDSU and SDSU-- even USD and UND would be a lot better than Centenary) and attempting to get some stability would go a long way to raising the perception of the conference.

One need only to look at the Southern Utah fan board and compare it to the remaining Great West members to know that SUU is the marginal school in the conference. There's a fair amount of these in the Mid-Con. It's the membership, not the name. Branding can be improved if the product gets better. Look at Hyundai in 1997 and 2007.

As far as the logo, that DOES need updating.

Comment

People confuse the word Mid-Con with Middle Conference. The board of directors basically want a new look to the conference. The list of names has been compiled and is about a page long. I think the leadership is looking towards the future and for a new marketing plan for the conference.

Comment

How about Big Mid West or BMW for short?

Go State!

Comment

Working...
                                X