Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-Con Tourney

Originally posted by 2002jack
    [quote author=FargoBison link=1172416939/0#12 date=1172469832]NDSU hasn't played in the Fargodome in years, so I don't see that being a problem and with the new hockey arena being built there will be a 2nd arena in Fargo that could throw out a bid for the tourney.

Maybe we could use the DakotaDome to host the tourney.  It's the top notch athletic facility west of the Mississippi.   : : :  

I'd rather see Fargo host the tourney, then drive the 10 hrs to Tulsa.  To make that drive, I would need to have some confidence that our team could win a few games, and compete for the bid.[/quote]

Imagine if the tourney was in Fargo and NDSU and SDSU were battling for the NCAA bid in the title game the atmosphere would be something else. 11k fans would look pretty good on ESPN or ESPNU(because the womens game would be a big time event as well).

Comment

It would be an awesome thing but the only problem is that Frost Arena only holds a little more than 8,000, so 11,000 is a little strong. Oh, wait, you were talking about the Bison hosting! My bad!

The Bison better take care of that in the next couple of years because the Jacks will return to their normal level and we will once again own the Bisonin basketball!

I can't wait for that game though my brown-furred buddy!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Anyone know when the men's and women's championship game are scheduled? And if and what station is televising them?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
          Anyone know when the men's and women's championship game are scheduled?  And if and what station is televising them?  

This link will help:

http://www.mid-con.com/champs/sports/mbball/

Go State!

Comment

The Tulsa paper does a nice job of breaking down each school in their stories, here are the links:

Men

http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStor..._B2_Menst32775

Women

http://www.tulsaworld.com/SportsStor...p_B11_Women449

Go State!  

Comment

Mid-Con Basketball Tournaments start TODAY, both in Tulsa. All games streamed on the Internet at http://www.mid-con.tv/ .
              Price for the tournament package is $19.95, or $4.95 per session for each of the seven sessions.

The Men:
              http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4548
              Oral Roberts claimed the top seed in the eight-team tournament for the third year in a row after capturing the Mid-Con regular-season title. The winner of the Mid-Con Championship will receive the league’s automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament.

The Golden Eagles (20-10, 12-2 Mid-Con) will face No. 8 seed Centenary (10-20, 3-11) at 6 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, in the first game of the men’s quarterfinal round. The second game of Saturday’s men’s doubleheader at 8:30 p.m. will feature second-seeded Oakland (17-13,10-4) against Western Illinois (7-22, 3-11), the seventh seed. On Sunday, fourth-seeded IUPUI (14-14, 7-7) squares off against No. 5 seed Southern Utah (16-13, 6-8) at 6 p.m., while No. 3 Valparaiso (16-14, 9-5) faces sixth-seeded UMKC (11-19, 6-8) at 8:30 p.m.

The men’s semifinals will be televised by Mid-Con Television, which includes Metro Sports (Kansas City, Mo.), Comcast Indianapolis, Comcast Local (Michigan), Comcast Minneapolis, Lakeshore TV (Northern Ill./Northwest Ind.), Cox Cable (Okla.) and WIUTV3 (Macomb, Ill.). The men’s Championship game is slated for 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, and will be televised nationally on ESPN.
              The women:
              http://www.mid-con.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=4557
              Oakland claimed the top seed in the eight-team tournament after capturing the Mid-Con regular-season title. The winner of the Mid-Con Championship will receive the league’s automatic bid into the NCAA Tournament.

The Golden Grizzlies (17-11, 12-2 Mid-Con) will face No. 8 seed Centenary (5-24, 1-13) at noon on Saturday, March 3, in the first game of the women’s quarterfinal round. The second game of Saturday’s women’s doubleheader at 2:30 p.m. will feature second-seeded Valparaiso (19-10,11-3) against Southern Utah (9-19, 5-9), the seventh seed. On Sunday, fourth-seeded IUPUI (13-15, 7-7) squares off against No. 5 seed Western Illinois (10-18, 6-8) at noon, while No. 3 Oral Roberts (19-10, 8-6) faces sixth-seeded UMKC (10-19, 6-8) at 2:30 p.m.

The women’s championship game is slated for 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6, and will be televised nationally on ESPNU.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Watching UMKC-Valpo on Metro Sports

. . . the cable sports channel in Kansas City, sadly not available except via cable in Metro KC . . .

UMKC trails 61-60 with about 7:30 to go . . . UMKC's colors are close enough to SDSU's yellow and blue to allow me to visualize our Jackrabbits playing for the Big Dance (both the men's and women's variety) . . .

We are SO VERY CLOSE, my Jackrabbit friends, so very, very close. Twenty-four months away, in fact. Two short, short years. This year's freshmen will be juniors, and the core of our first teams (men and women, of course) to make the NCAA tournament.

It's going to happen. Perhaps not in 2009 (although, why not?) but the Jackrabbits will be Dancing in March, participating in the one and only Madness. It's still kind of hard to believe . . .

Thanks to Peggy Miller, the administrators, coaches, SDSU staff and faculty, and of course all of the players who've worked so hard through this difficult transition.

We are Soooooooo close, now . . .
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: Watching UMKC-Valpo on Metro Sports

I am listening on 810, wow how about those Roos!  

Go State!  

Comment

Congrats UMKC, nice win over Valpo! The Roos are in the Semi-Finals of the Mid-Con Tourney.

Final Score

UMKC 84 - Valpo 76

Go State!  

Comment

Here's kind of cool stat showing offensive and defensive points per possesion.

http://www.midmajority.com/conferences/MID-CON/aerial

Comment

Metro Sports is a good sports station. I love to watch it when I am in KC.

Comment

(I spliced the UMKC-Valpo game thread onto this Mid-Con Tourney thread).

It's pretty neat to see all of the ads/promos for the various Mid-Con schools on the Oral Roberts-IUPUI broadcast on MetroSports. It sounds like the tournament games are being broadcast/cablecast in most of the Mid-Con markets. It'll be interesting to see where they wind up in SD.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Well . . . Fred Oien and Gene Taylor are being interviewed on the Mid-Con TV broadcast . . .

Gene mentions that they recruit mainly from this part of the country 'rather than out west'
                            Fred talks about SDSU's women's team . . .

Nice graphic, up for a couple minutes, with the logos of the three new schools (the saggy SD for SDSU)

No real news, but just the exposure was very nice . . .
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Commissioner Tom Douple:

"NDSU, SDSU, IPFW give the conference a new look. They bring an enthusiasm, new to D-I, they're all here at the tournament. The women's basketball side will really improve. SDSU's women are really "salty" to say the least."
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                                Commissioner Tom Douple:

"NDSU, SDSU, IPFW give the conference a new look.  They bring an enthusiasm, new to D-I, they're all here at the tournament.  The women's basketball side will really improve.  SDSU's women are really "salty" to say the least."
                                Thanks for the updates. I would like to see SDSU and NDSU lead a surge for the Mid-Con. That will take a lot of dedication and dollars. Lets all get on board.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X