• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MILES LEAVING NDSU -- GOING TO COLORADO ST

Here's the story on ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2807786

Comment

Frankly I would want to stay at NDSU or a mid major, Just like John Calipari sp? He is at memphis and could have gone to bigger programs in bigger confrences, but he was like, why would i want to leave this, great recruiting area, almost for sure domination in the confrecne and always a real good seed in the tourny. I would thinking developing a team to compete at the level Miles got that at would be something he would want to keep improving on, but when it comes to it I guess money Speaks. I hope we never lose Nagy or AJ until they are old and ready to retire.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

From the Bison Board

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...8c500354531304

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
          I hate to see it happen this way, but it may be a positive for SDSU.  This gives Nagy the leg up on recruiting.....I hope.
          Was gone last night and didn't see the posts till this AM. Coach Miles has done a good job at NDSU and you can't fault him for moving up. If only one of his staff remains, you gotta think he may get the job. However, first thing I thought of is the recruiting. Coach Nagy has to have the advantage now with some of the recruits that both schools were recruiting. A couple names come right away. If we could get just one or two that were considerding both schools, that may be just enough to get us over the hump and be the team that we know they can be.

Comment

Originally posted by goon
            Frankly I would want to stay at NDSU or a mid major, Just like John Calipari sp?  He is at memphis and could have gone to bigger programs in bigger confrences, but he was like, why would i want to leave this, great recruiting area, almost for sure domination in the confrecne and always a real good seed in the tourny.  I would thinking developing a team to compete at the level Miles got that at would be something he would want to keep improving on, but when it comes to it I guess money Speaks.  I hope we never lose Nagy or AJ until they are old and ready to retire.
            Your not really following NCAA basketball very closely if you think Memphis is only a mid major. Like the ads say, "Get in the Game".

Comment

Fort Collins newspaper has the story:

http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs....60/1006/SPORTS
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Story in the Fargo Forum

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...p;section=news
                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies
                  [quote author=goon link=1174530555/15#16 date=1174539944]Frankly I would want to stay at NDSU or a mid major, Just like John Calipari sp?  He is at memphis and could have gone to bigger programs in bigger confrences, but he was like, why would i want to leave this, great recruiting area, almost for sure domination in the confrecne and always a real good seed in the tourny.  I would thinking developing a team to compete at the level Miles got that at would be something he would want to keep improving on, but when it comes to it I guess money Speaks.  I hope we never lose Nagy or AJ until they are old and ready to retire.
                  Your not really following NCAA basketball very closely if you think Memphis is only a mid major. Like the ads say, "Get in the Game".[/quote]
                  I would definitely agree with this statement...Memphis is far from being a mid-major. They're a #2 seed in the tournament right now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack
                    [quote author=1bunnies link=1174530555/15#19 date=1174563558][quote author=goon link=1174530555/15#16 date=1174539944]Frankly I would want to stay at NDSU or a mid major, Just like John Calipari sp? He is at memphis and could have gone to bigger programs in bigger confrences, but he was like, why would i want to leave this, great recruiting area, almost for sure domination in the confrecne and always a real good seed in the tourny. I would thinking developing a team to compete at the level Miles got that at would be something he would want to keep improving on, but when it comes to it I guess money Speaks. I hope we never lose Nagy or AJ until they are old and ready to retire.
                    Your not really following NCAA basketball very closely if you think Memphis is only a mid major. Like the ads say, "Get in the Game".[/quote]
                    I would definitely agree with this statement...Memphis is far from being a mid-major. They're a #2 seed in the tournament right now!!![/quote]

Doesn't the term Mid-Major simply stand for schools that don't belong to a BCS conference? I'm pretty sure that's the origin of the term, but maybe the meaning is shifting a bit.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
                      Doesn't the term Mid-Major simply stand for schools that don't belong to a BCS conference? I'm pretty sure that's the origin of the term, but maybe the meaning is shifting a bit.
                      I think it is shifting a bit. People still refer to the MVC and C-USA as mid-majors but I don't think those who follow the NCAA closely consider them in quite the same way as they did 5 years ago. With the shifting in the east coast conferences any program could be moving to a BCS conference at any time. The most likely, of course, would be Memphis (at least thats my take on it).
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Miles will make $400k at CSU and I'm sure that made the decision a no brainer since NDSU wouldn't be able to touch that number. It is sad to see him go but unfortunately that is life as a mid-major, thankfully NDSU has a great AD and Miles left the cupboards pretty well stocked as well so I think NDSU will definately land a quality coach.

Comment

I don't think Nagy will leave unless Illiniois comes knocking because he has a family and is a community man.. he will also have to start winning if anybody wants him but I think if he inks some of the recruits im hearing that could change... The thing with AJ is he is in the perfect situation and there are alot less desirable jobs in womens ball compared to mens.. Look at Indiana for example, even when there mens team strugled they still were a disirable job... Womens theres top 25 teams that unless the pay was alot more I wouldn't leave SDSU for, but thats just me...

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack
                            [quote author=BTownJack link=1174530555/15#22 date=1174570545][quote author=1bunnies link=1174530555/15#19 date=1174563558][quote author=goon link=1174530555/15#16 date=1174539944]Frankly I would want to stay at NDSU or a mid major, Just like John Calipari sp?  He is at memphis and could have gone to bigger programs in bigger confrences, but he was like, why would i want to leave this, great recruiting area, almost for sure domination in the confrecne and always a real good seed in the tourny.  I would thinking developing a team to compete at the level Miles got that at would be something he would want to keep improving on, but when it comes to it I guess money Speaks.  I hope we never lose Nagy or AJ until they are old and ready to retire.
                            I would definitely agree with this statement...Memphis is far from being a mid-major.  They're a #2 seed in the tournament right now!!![/quote]

Doesn't the term Mid-Major simply stand for schools that don't belong to a BCS conference? I'm pretty sure that's the origin of the term, but maybe the meaning is shifting a bit.[/quote]

Here is a look at a Mid Major top 25 poll from March 12. As you look at the bottom of the poll it states which Conferences are looked at as Mid Major Conferences.

http://www.midmajortop25.com/

NOTE: The Mid-Major Poll is made up of teams from the following conferences: America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Continent, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Sun Belt, West Coast.

Comment

Working...
                            X