X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Lee Fired

https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...886236162?s=21

Wow.

What is USD thinking?!? I have always respected how Todd Lee’s teams have played, and that roster was not great this year. They would have contended for the conference next year with Plitzuweit and transfers coming in. Very confused.

Edit: May be an off-court matter, so if that’s the case, things are different. But based on on-court performance this does not make sense at sll.

Comment

Just when yote fans thought things were looking good….maybe Dawn will move on too.

Comment

I’m surprised. His time there was underwhelming but injuries and transfers seemed to limit seeing what he could actually accomplish. USD fans seem equally surprised. Maybe it’s an off the court matter but I heard rumors of those types of things months ago so firing him now doesn’t make as much sense. Not sure who USD brings in now, maybe there is someone already waiting, but hard to build a foundation with a revolving door of coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          I’m surprised. His time there was underwhelming but injuries and transfers seemed to limit seeing what he could actually accomplish. USD fans seem equally surprised. Maybe it’s an off the court matter but I heard rumors of those types of things months ago so firing him now doesn’t make as much sense. Not sure who USD brings in now, maybe there is someone already waiting, but hard to build a foundation with a revolving door of coaches.
          Saul Phillips ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Saul Phillips ?
            Phillips, Krabbenhoft, Miles, Wicks. Lots of options but not sure if those any of those guys would be willing to live in Verm.

Comment

Phillips, Krabbenhoft, Miles, Wicks. Lots of options but not sure if those any of those guys would be willing to live in Verm.
              Krabbenhoft would have to be crazy to leave that Wisconsin gig for Vermillion. Same for Miles - he's only been at San Jose for one season and he has to be making more $ there than he would at USD.

Comment

https://twitter.com/iceborg/status/1...114293791?s=21

Something to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  Hansen couldn't retain good players in Omaha, not sure how that would improve in Vermillion.

Comment

Lee was earning $276,475 per Open SD

Comment

Omaha plays the most buy games in the league and their non-conference schedule sucks in regards to the players perspective.

Comment

I'm shocked by the dismissal of Lee. I know he didn't get it done in four years but I thought he would get at least another year with the Plitzu. (I don't know how to spell his name) kid, coming back and most of his team returning, I thought his shortcoming was not having a recruit start as a freshman and go four years. He had a lot of transfers etc and early in the season they didn't have chemistry like one would find in a team that's played together for a couple years. BUT, by the end of the season, they were a formidable opponent.

This move will likely set the Yotes program back a couple years.

Some posters on other message boards are wondering if the reason for the firing was an off-court reason including, for example, a claim of interference with the Bruns kid at UND (Summit freshman of the year) who announced he was entering the transfer portal. Apparently USD has been recruiting a younger brother of Bruns. If Lee was doing something improper, it may have been a way out for USD to avoid buying out any remaning time on Lee's contract. It will be interesting to see if there i any support for the speculation.

Last edited by JackJD; 03-10-2022, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Interesting to see Lee’s own family going off on Twitter about this. They aren’t sharing specific details but making it clear the statement from USD isn’t telling the whole story. Messy.

Comment

AJ also liking multiple tweet expressing displeasure in the firing. Would be a dream come true for a SDSU fan to see AJ and Dawn “transfer” elsewhere!

Comment

Interesting to see Lee’s own family going off on Twitter about this. They aren’t sharing specific details but making it clear the statement from USD isn’t telling the whole story. Messy.
                              Toad Lee liked the college girls a little too much

Comment

Working...
                              X