Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mid-Con will announce name change on May 15

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic
    No offense to the designer, but I don't like the logo. How many conference members are close to mountains?
    I think if you read the press release, you'll find that the summit referred to isn't a geological one, but a metaphorical one concerning academics and athletics. (I've always thought that it was kind of silly for the Big Sky to be a mountain-based conference when the sky is manifestly bigger in the flatlands of the Great Plains than in the claustrophobic mountain valleys . . . maybe the two conferences can just swap names?)
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I read the press release and understood the metaphorical nature of selecting the name Summit. That is in part why I don't like the logo. When you see a picture of a mountain and "Summit" together, I think most people will think of mountain ranges, and not getting to the top of what ever goal you are trying to achieve. Maybe it is the combination that I don't like, but the individual parts are OK.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbit_tracks
        How many ACC schools are actually on the Atlantic Coast?

How far east is Big East member Marquette? Louisville?

How many teams are in the Big Ten?

The logo is a symbol of what the conference wants to be, not where they are or want to be located.

Great job done by Nina and the folks at the conference office.

It is ANOTHER great day to be a Jackrabbit!!
        I wasn't trying to be sarcastic, I was actually asking how many are close to mountains or mountain ranges. I think you are correct that the Big Ten, Big East, etc. need to look at their names also, but branding at that level is much different than for leagues at the level of the Summit.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Here is a link to SUU's web site and a story on the Summit League. At the bottom you will find a link that will take you to a pod-cast of the the press conference. The reporters have some interesting questions. If you have 15 min. or so to blow take a listen.

http://www.suu.edu/athletics/releases/summitleague.html

Go State!

Comment

Working...
          X