Week 1 Conference-WBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 1 Conference-WBB

3 teams have gone 2-0. WIU held off Omaha & Denver in Macomb sporting a 11-2 record. The Tommies(WIU conference travel partner) head for Macomb next week. The yotes and Jackrabbits are also tied for 2-0 in the Summit beginning with games on the road & will host ND teams next..
    NDSU is 1-0 after visiting UND. The bison will be tested next week with road games in SD.
    Omaha & St Thomas are 1-1 as Omaha picked up their win against the Tommies while St Thomas handled the Pios at home. Omaha will host a hungry KC team and the ORU gals to determine some order at the bottom half of the conference.
    UND is 0-1 with a home loss. It may not get better next week as they travel to SD.
    KC, ORU, & Denver started 0-2. KC & ORU travel to Denver & Omaha next week which will give some indication who belongs at the base of the league. KC should bounce out of the winless column.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Paige Meyer POW in the Summit League! She averaged 16.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 6.5 apg and 2.0 spg in the two games.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Paige Meyer POW in the Summit League! She averaged 16.5 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 6.5 apg and 2.0 spg in the two games.
      Paige Meyer as PG could be the women's version of Nate Wolters as she continues to learn and improve! I would like to see a game with USD where Selland plays and Meyer excels.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Paige Meyer as PG could be the women's version of Nate Wolters as she continues to learn and improve! I would like to see a game with USD where Selland plays and Meyer excels.
        It takes 5+bench (obviously), not to be condescending, but rather, I guess, what I'd like to see. That's us with everyone playing well,with those two leading the charge, playing a whole 40 min game consistently scoring at a good efficiency, holding stretches of scoreless possessions to a minimum, relatively error free play , executing well and everything coming together and the game humming along smoothly and in sync. That's my dream scenario, and defeating our fiercest rival soundly.

Here's wishing wishes come true. We seem to be getting there slowly but surely. The rival games are a ways away yet, keep working hard and going at it Jacks, and hoping the fans fill up Frost and are loud and engaged , energetic , loud crowds can really lift teams at certain times, when they need it. Can't wait, these games are the most exciting and meaningful usually of the entire season, save for the SLT in March.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-28-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Denver WBB games are cancelled for this week.

Comment

Working...
          X