Summit WBB 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    I know nothing about how the NET ranking works but i find it hard to believe a win over Western tommorrow would move them past us.
    Here's a primer. If WIU doesn't win, I'd hope they can keep it close and cause 'Yotes to have poor offensive and defensive performances to detrimentally impact those factors

Comment

I know nothing about how the NET ranking works but i find it hard to believe a win over Western tommorrow would move them past us.
      It's impossible to figure the NET out. The Jacks were 4 spots ahead of USD after beating them 3 weeks ago. In the next two weeks both teams beat the same 4 teams by relatively the same margins.And the Yotes moved one spot ahead of the Jacks. One day when neither team played, the Yotes jumped two spots.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

It's impossible to figure the NET out. The Jacks were 4 spots ahead of USD after beating them 3 weeks ago. In the next two weeks both teams beat the same 4 teams by relatively the same margins.And the Yotes moved one spot ahead of the Jacks. One day when neither team played, the Yotes jumped two spots.
        It’s the former opponent’s performance that can push it around.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The NET formula works the results of games including former opponents into its formula somehow.

It’s fun to talk about but the difference between the 1 and 2 is practically meaningless. No team has poked its head up to challenge the SD schools. We’ve gone through multiple versions of the latest “hot team” only to see them stomped during the SD week. At the beginning of the season it was to be NDSU, then ORU got a turn, then UND was “on the rise”. Finally it was KC, and we saw how that went the last few days. Is there one of those that stands out?

The only REALLY impactful announcement coming in the next couple days will involve Paige Meyer. Now that makes a difference in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

It’s the former opponent’s performance that can push it around.
            I realize that , but so does the RPI. There the Jacks are at # 45 and USD is 54. And the Jacks have a much more difficult strength of schedule at # 77 with the Yotes at 148. It seems that the biggest difference has to be USD losing to South Carolina. But the Jacks have played Iowa State, who is also in the top 10.

Comment

I agree, this is mostly just noise. But if the Jacks don't win the SLT it could make a difference for a WNIT game? While they should make a at-large, you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

The NET formula works the results of games including former opponents into its formula somehow.

It’s fun to talk about but the difference between the 1 and 2 is practically meaningless. No team has poked its head up to challenge the SD schools. We’ve gone through multiple versions of the latest “hot team” only to see them stomped during the SD week. At the beginning of the season it was to be NDSU, then ORU got a turn, then UND was “on the rise”. Finally it was KC, and we saw how that went the last few days. Is there one of those that stands out?

The only REALLY impactful announcement coming in the next couple days will involve Paige Meyer. Now that makes a difference in Sioux Falls.
                so if former opponents are factored in then it could be changing all week.

Comment

I think it was on the Reaching the Summit WBB podcast that they announced it would officially be the Tuesday AM edition of the NET that is used.

I can't imagine the WNIT would turn down an NCAA bubble team with 21+ wins, votes in the Top-25 coaches poll, a NET in the 30's, and a fanbase that would actually buy tickets. That's crazy talk.

Comment

I think it was on the Reaching the Summit WBB podcast that they announced it would officially be the Tuesday AM edition of the NET that is used.

I can't imagine the WNIT would turn down an NCAA bubble team with 21+ wins, votes in the Top-25 coaches poll, a NET in the 30's, and a fanbase that would actually buy tickets. That's crazy talk.
                    I agree, I just meant it could factor into a seed possibly if the Jacks have to go the WNIT route.

Comment

At this point, I'm just hoping that Paige's injury is more of a Tori Nelson type than what Myah and Macy went through.

Comment

yes, I believe so.

Comment

Yotes look like a turd in Macomb in the first quarter.

Comment

USD down at the half to WIU. Minimal chance they actually lose but looking like they’re going to need to play their starters most of the game. Nobody outside of their big 3 has scored for them.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                              USD down at the half to WIU. Minimal chance they actually lose but at a minimum, they’re going to need to play their starters most of the game. Nobody outside of their big 3 has scored for them.
                              While a loss would be best for Jacks, even WIU keeping it close, or causing 'Yotes' offensive and defensive performance to suffer could adversely impact USD's NET ranking

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                Yotes look like a turd in Macomb in the first quarter.
                                Alas, the 'Yotes have "polished their turd," so to speak

Comment

Working...
                                X