No announcement yet.

SL Changing BB Tourney Ticket Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the part of the email that mentioned they will be mindful of fan loyalty, might mean they will let us keep our seats.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
      I hope the part of the email that mentioned they will be mindful of fan loyalty, might mean they will let us keep our seats.
      As a parting wave to Douple, we should recall that he was here when the ticket sales were fueled by Jackrabbit fans. He quickly found some cash flow from the tourney which was divided among conference members. At first, he discovered people who would prepay for tickets a year early and then found that he could raise cash with 2 years prepay of tickets. Prior to his retirement, the tournament was extended to 2025 in Sioux Falls. The steady growth to 10 members with the I29 core was a firm plan. Of course the future is always in flux, but he has left Fenton a great foundation.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I liked that reference as well.

You have to wonder what changed between the initial announcement of the March 25th sale date and the recent email. What observation was made or what feedback was received? The obvious thing that comes to mind first is that the new commissioner attended the tournament, which happened to have one of its largest crowds ever. Hopefully he had a "Why are we messing with this ticket system?" moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

I liked that reference as well.

You have to wonder what changed between the initial announcement of the March 25th sale date and the recent email. What observation was made or what feedback was received? The obvious thing that comes to mind first is that the new commissioner attended the tournament, which happened to have one of its largest crowds ever. Hopefully he had a "Why are we messing with this ticket system?" moment.
          i think you are correct. The new commish probably heard what a great tourney the summit was but once he witnessed it firsthand, he maybe has realized we dont want to mess the ticket sales. Anyway we can only hope.

Comment

I really hope they think about making the tourney more family friendly again. those couple years having the fan fest in the arena was a great outlet for having kids. easy to spend some time get kids to get energy out, have fun, and back to the tournament. With 4 kids 2-10, thats a big deal for our family attending. it would be great if they would let in diaper bags for the tournament, but under their anti family bag policy we had to take a few years off till our youngest is out of diapers. maybe next year we could consider going again.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Has anyone heard what the process for SL tournament ticketing is going to be ? Has been quiet considering that we are approaching late August.

Comment

I hope we don't fall prey to over-think, if it's successful and the envy of many Conferences, let it be.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Has anyone heard what the process for SL tournament ticketing is going to be ? Has been quiet considering that we are approaching late August.
                  All that is known is that it was pushed back to fall and previous 2 year ticket holders will still get first chance of purchasing tickets

Comment

It looks like the presale will be limited to previous 2 yr ticket holders who purchased 3 or more tickets. Presale is Oct 5 between 10am and 10pm. Presale is limited to 4 tickets

Comment

It looks like the presale will be limited to previous 2 yr ticket holders who purchased 3 or more tickets. Presale is Oct 5 between 10am and 10pm. Presale is limited to 4 tickets
                      Presale for previous 2-year ticket holders with 2 or less tickets will be on Oct 12 also from 10am to 10pm

Comment

That 4 ticket limit will open up quite a few seats. The person I sit next to said that he has been buying for a group of 14 people. It seems like there are a good number of groups that have more than 4 seats.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post

Presale for previous 2-year ticket holders with 2 or less tickets will be on Oct 12 also from 10am to 10pm
                          im glad they are doing it for people who bought 2 tickets too. We should still be able to get plenty of blue in the stands

Comment

I know some of you must have joined me on Ticketmaster right when the seats went on sale because it was a scramble. I had 2 computers going, looking for a set of 3 near midcourt. I wound up about 6 rows higher than my previous seats, but still right on the half court line. It looked like there were a bunch of lower seats available but clicking on them only ended up producing the "someone beat you to these seats" message and wasting my time. Hopefully those "someones" will be wearing blue!

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              I know some of you must have joined me on Ticketmaster right when the seats went on sale because it was a scramble. I had 2 computers going, looking for a set of 3 near midcourt. I wound up about 6 rows higher than my previous seats, but still right on the half court line. It looked like there were a bunch of lower seats available but clicking on them only ended up producing the "someone beat you to these seats" message and wasting my time. Hopefully those "someones" will be wearing blue!
                              I think I clicked on 30 or 40 options of tickets that were supposedly available that were not. Finally got 4 slightly worse than what we had. Not sure how that many tickets were gone that fast considering the presale was only open to people that had purchased at least 3 seats in the past, with a limit of 4. Either the system was failing, or more tickets were held back for sponsors or the teams.

Comment

Here is a portion of email for those with only 2 tickets purchased in the past.
                                • An additional pre-sale (maximum of four tickets) is being offered on October 5th for those two-year ticket holders who purchased 3 or more tickets previously. Despite the earlier pre-sale, specific seats are being held throughout all sections for your pre-sale.
                                • Prices for the 2023 all-session tickets will start at $7.50 per game or $12.75 per session. All twenty Summit League men’s and women’s programs will qualify for the 2023 tournament and eighteen games will be completed in the new tournament structure.
                                • Required Ticketmaster charges and fees will be applied at the time of purchase.
                                • Any additional tickets (beyond the maximum allowed through the presale opportunity) may be purchased through the public on-sale, which will commence on October 18th at 10 a.m. CT.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X