SL Changing BB Tourney Ticket Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SL Changing BB Tourney Ticket Process

Not a good day for Jackrabbit fans who have loyally attended the SL Tourney year after year. This came in my inbox today.

I immediately responded and it's been confirmed that we won't be able to renew our allotment past 2022. That we will only get to purchase a "limited" number of tickets for 2023 in the "pre-sale".

This is really unfortunate for any of us that have supported this event every year since its inception.

I guess Jackrabbit Nation is just going to have to show up each year when the public sale is made available.

Dear valued Summit League supporter,

You are receiving this email because you purchased a two-year ticket(s) for the 2020 and 2021 (good for 2022 due to pandemic) Summit League Basketball Championships and we wanted to provide a few ticketing updates for the future Basketball Championships.

Due to the continued growth and changes within The Summit League’s membership since 2016, when the two-year ticket option was first announced, we are now in a position to offer each of our members and their fan bases more opportunities to purchase a wider variety of tickets to our premier events. Therefore, the two-year ticket option will no longer be available once the 2022 Championships are completed.

The Summit League will continue to provide unique ticket packages, at various price points for future championships starting with the 2023 edition.

We understand this will be an adjustment for many of you, so we will be offering a limited presale window for the current two-year ticket holders following the 2022 Championships to purchase tickets for the 2023 edition. More information on this opportunity will follow in the coming months.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact Summit League Assistant Commissioner of Marketing and Championships, Bryan Miller, at miller@thesummitleague.org or 605-275-3068.

Thank you again for your support and we look forward to welcoming you “Back To The Dance” on March 5-8, 2022 at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center to continue the celebration of the Summit League’s 40th Anniversary.

Not surprised. Dont think other schools other than usd will be buying tickets. It will still be blue and red and hopefully more blue than red. And like BTownJack, we have gone every year since it came to SF. I want that to continue

Comment

Good morning. Been a minute since I've been around these parts. I don't know if there exists a separate thread for this, so moderators please move, if needed. I have a pair of first-row, half-court tickets for the Saturday, March 5th evening (6 p.m.) session of the Summit League Tournament. The seats are located in Section 104, Row A, Seats 1 and 2, and are part of the PREMIER Club, formerly Club Cambria. Please send me a direct message if interested in purchasing. Asking $175/ticket. Thanks.
      University of South Dakota:
      Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

Originally posted by yotemeal View Post
        Good morning. Been a minute since I've been around these parts. I don't know if there exists a separate thread for this, so moderators please move, if needed. I have a pair of first-row, half-court tickets for the Saturday, March 5th evening (6 p.m.) session of the Summit League Tournament. The seats are located in Section 104, Row A, Seats 1 and 2, and are part of the PREMIER Club, formerly Club Cambria. Please send me a direct message if interested in purchasing. Asking $175/ticket. Thanks.
        Update: These tickets are spoken for. Later sessions may be available. Hit me up if interested. Thanks.
        University of South Dakota:
        Oldest university of the Dakotas; Home of S.D.'s only accredited law, medical and business schools; S.D.'s designated liberal arts institution; National scholars galore; Alma mater of 10 S.D. governors, 20 members of Congress, all sitting S.D. Supreme Ct. justices and 1/2 of all S.D. physicians; Warmer than Brookings; Where JackMD received his advanced degree!

Comment

I wonder how many coyote fans will actually do all session passes for next year. The only games they show up for are the ones they are playing in. A lot of rabbit fans are there for the 4 days and go to all games. The Summit Tourney is successful because of us. There was very little red in the stands for last nights championship game. Had usd been playing, there still would have been more blue than red.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            I wonder how many coyote fans will actually do all session passes for next year. The only games they show up for are the ones they are playing in. A lot of rabbit fans are there for the 4 days and go to all games. The Summit Tourney is successful because of us. There was very little red in the stands for last nights championship game. Had usd been playing, there still would have been more blue than red.
            They literally suck as a fan base (as of a couple years ago). We went to the doubleheader down in vermintown and after the women's game got over I was gobsmacked at the amount of coyote fans that stood up, put their coats on, and left. And it was a afternoon affair! It was pathetic, I almost felt bad for the used men's team.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

They literally suck as a fan base (as of a couple years ago). We went to the doubleheader down in vermintown and after the women's game got over I was gobsmacked at the amount of coyote fans that stood up, put their coats on, and left. And it was a afternoon affair! It was pathetic, I almost felt bad for the used men's team.
              I remember this as well. It was almost a moment like "what the hell is going on here"? We complain about our fan base a lot when it comes to FB playoff game attendance, and rightfully so. But mercy....give me our fan base over USD's 365 days a year.

Comment

Let's stay on topic here, please.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Just received an email from the Summit League that ticket sales for the 2023 tournament will be delayed until fall. Also says that previous all-session pass holders will still get early access.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Just received an email from the Summit League that ticket sales for the 2023 tournament will be delayed until fall. Also says that previous all-session pass holders will still get early access.
                    I am guessing that the price points will be different for different areas of the lower bowl. I am also guessing that most fan bases will not be in line for early sales of all session passes. The Summit League still is referring to the population of fan loyalty from those who have been buying tickets 2 years in advance. The final product that comes out of Fenton's office will give some early indication of his business success. The wording has an indication that he may limit sales to the early sales. Some of that limit may be the people who have purchased more than 4 tickets each year. I still expect strong sales for the time after the repeat loyalty sale due to the fact many people had >4 tickets.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I had rearranged a very busy morning at work on the 25th to make sure I could be logged on to the presale the minute it opened. I actually had my wife lined up to be on a second computer at the same time. Getting good seats to that tournament is obviously a priority here!

Comment

If they are trying to kill their cash cow it seems they have a good start. Fact is attendance is already down at the tournament.

Comment

I don't want to alarm anyone who didn't receive an email. The info was from a tweet from the Summit League, not an email.

Comment

I got the e-mail.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If they limit existing ticket holders to 4 tickets, not sure why they cannot allow people to re-purchase those 4 seats in the same location. I think they would discover that a number of people were buying more than 4, with some significantly higher than 4, that a lot of good seats throughout the lower level would open up. It would achieve what they want, without completely pissing off long time ticket holders.

Comment

Working...
                              X