Summit BB Conference 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit BB Conference 2021-2022

I have just noticed the upcoming basketball schedule has a mirror schedule for men and women. All men/women games will be on the same day where the men and women will be hosting or visiting the same team. The double header games will be gone. Games will be played on Thursday and Saturday. The Jackrabbits will have 1 week between the North Dakota games and USD for both games. All other teams are 2 games per week. OOC for WBB is still a mystery while the MBB has Washington, Nevada, and George Mason coming to the Crossover at the Pentagon.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I hate mirror scheduling. That really hurts schools who are completing to be on local tv networks. So the local schools have games the same time limiting how many games can be on tv. I am sure the is only a problem for the dakota schools.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I hate mirror scheduling. That really hurts schools who are completing to be on local tv networks. So the local schools have games the same time limiting how many games can be on tv. I am sure the is only a problem for the dakota schools.
      I hate it as well because:

1. Hard to watch a home game and the away game if they are at the same time.
      2. Now there are home games every single weekend. I love me some Jackrabbits and I'm a big fan but I'm not going to games every single weekend.
      3. If I wanna travel to watch one team play in Fargo, that means I have to sacrifice home games to do so. If I'm going to travel it sure would be nice to watch both teams while I'm there.
      4. Sucks for the game day staff as well (tickets, ushers, scoreboard, admins, etc)....they don't get a weekend off.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

I hate it as well because:

1. Hard to watch a home game and the away game if they are at the same time.
        2. Now there are home games every single weekend. I love me some Jackrabbits and I'm a big fan but I'm not going to games every single weekend.
        3. If I wanna travel to watch one team play in Fargo, that means I have to sacrifice home games to do so. If I'm going to travel it sure would be nice to watch both teams while I'm there.
        4. Sucks for the game day staff as well (tickets, ushers, scoreboard, admins, etc)....they don't get a weekend off.
        I think it's lazy scheduling, and not beneficial to growing fan interest, JMO

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

I think it's lazy scheduling, and not beneficial to growing fan interest, JMO
          My sentiments exactly. It’s like they are trying to make sure and limit how many people can watch each game, whether in person or on tv.

Comment

Here at North Dakota we liked mirror schedule when we were in the Big Sky it allowed for you get schedule set so you could go watch your team because knew the days of games and they usually scheduled different times for start of the games from home and away. i guess it helped when many of the teams were in different time zones Since being in Summit we end up with multiple teams playing same day at home makes it hard to go to all the games or even watch all the games. Also helps with other sports in scheduling so they know what days university teams are playing they can schedule around these times. For the most part this new scheduling has had favorable reaction here and if anything i think we will get better tv scheduling to because of less conflict with other sports in the region.

Comment

Originally posted by ND-fan View Post
              Here at North Dakota we liked mirror schedule when we were in the Big Sky it allowed for you get schedule set so you could go watch your team because knew the days of games and they usually scheduled different times for start of the games from home and away. i guess it helped when many of the teams were in different time zones Since being in Summit we end up with multiple teams playing same day at home makes it hard to go to all the games or even watch all the games. Also helps with other sports in scheduling so they know what days university teams are playing they can schedule around these times. For the most part this new scheduling has had favorable reaction here and if anything i think we will get better tv scheduling to because of less conflict with other sports in the region.
              not when you have midco sports covering the majority of the games. When they are 3 or 4 dakota schools playing at home ever weekend that helps the 1 or 2 schools that get on TV. If they could schedule different nights of the week, basically could have games on all week, or at least the weekend have some schools with an early start so you could have a double header for TV. I would rather see schools do more double headers...but that might just be me.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

not when you have midco sports covering the majority of the games. When they are 3 or 4 dakota schools playing at home ever weekend that helps the 1 or 2 schools that get on TV. If they could schedule different nights of the week, basically could have games on all week, or at least the weekend have some schools with an early start so you could have a double header for TV. I would rather see schools do more double headers...but that might just be me.
                It's not just you. I'm a fan of the doubleheaders too.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

It's not just you. I'm a fan of the doubleheaders too.
                  I think anyone who has to drive a distance likes the doubleheaders. Especially with gas at $3.00 a gallon.

Comment

I know a lot of people that have said the heck with it and watch Jacks games in their recliners and pay the $10/month to stream the games. Now we will have both MBB & WBB playing at the sane time every weekend. Not to mention that there will be games EVERY weekend. That doesn't work for most people. I totally agree with whomever above said it is lazy scheduling. It only benefits those teams with mediocre to poor attendance. For example if the team at home is playing a cellar dweller in the conference and the team on the road is playing a top team, I would be very tempted to stay home and watch that game.

I miss the days when Frost was packed, the crowd was into it, and it was an incredible atmosphere. There are just so many things that make it almost impossible for that to happen again. Don't get me wrong,.it is still a great place to watch a game and has a better atmosphere than pretty much anywhere in the conference but it doesn't compare to the intense atmosphere back in the height of our D2 success. That's what I want. Frost full of energetic fans.

We are going to have two incredible teams this year and it sucks that we won't be able to watch them in doubleheaders or live on opposing nights this year (MBB on T & Sat WBB on F & Sun.). Just don't see how mirror scheduling benefits anyone really.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X