No announcement yet.

ORU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 2016 trip to Tulsa was one of the worst fan experiences I've ever been to, and I've seen Kansas City and Western Illinois a whole bunch of times. However I noticed a smattering of fans in Indy and ORU fans distance cheering in Tulsa. Given their penchant for lying, this must have been twenty thousand fans minimum. If this run turns them around as a basketball school, then I'm all for it. May even go back.

Comment

Sooooooo, they're up by 12 in the 2nd half
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Aaaaand, it's down to a 3 point lead again. Plus side: Kevin Harlan just described ORU's 4th place finish in the Summit, which was won by South Dakota State.

Thanks, Kevin!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Taking shot's they shouldn't, not crashing the o-glass, or waiting to set up their offense. this game is over if they don't change those things.

Comment

Abmas misses a 3-pointer off the rim at the buzzer, ORU loses by two.

They're going to be a beast to play next year in the League.

Good run, Golden Eagles.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm betting there will be an exodus from that team. Times have changed. Agree, nice job ORU

Comment

Should have been an OT game. Arkansas player traveled before his shot. He jumps in the air, both feet leave the ground, lands, then jumps to take his shot. That's a travel. Refs didn't have the guts to call it.
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                  Should have been an OT game. Arkansas player traveled before his shot. He jumps in the air, both feet leave the ground, lands, then jumps to take his shot. That's a travel. Refs didn't have the guts to call it.
                  I said before, “Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. It would be a bunch of bucks if the Golden Eagles pulled it out.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                    I Rewatched the video. I don’t see it as a travel.

Comment

So close - they probably had the best college player in the country for that one last-second shot.

ORU definitely represented the Summit amazingly well. I hope we get to see all their (now) household name players in Frost next year. Having that team back intact would definitely spark some interest in the conference. I’m not holding my breath though.

Comment

Max Abmas declares for the NBA draft, but isn't hiring an agent, so he keeps the option of returning to Tulsa.

Comment

Apparently Kevin Obanor entered the transfer portal just before the July 1 deadline. And Abmas need to decide by July 7 if he is going to remain in the draft. ORU could go back to irrelevance in a hurry if both leave.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            Apparently Kevin Obanor entered the transfer portal just before the July 1 deadline. And Abmas need to decide by July 7 if he is going to remain in the draft. ORU could go back to irrelevance in a hurry if both leave.
                            The Golden Eagles(men & women) seem to lose many players on an annual basis. There are still enjoying some talent behind those 2 players. The level of play will certainly decline with those players absent. ORU may be a difficult place for many young players to adapt the lifestyle requested by the school. They will still likely stay out of the cellar that Denver has reserved in recent times.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The Golden Eagles(men & women) seem to lose many players on an annual basis. There are still enjoying some talent behind those 2 players. The level of play will certainly decline with those players absent. ORU may be a difficult place for many young players to adapt the lifestyle requested by the school. They will still likely stay out of the cellar that Denver has reserved in recent times.
                              Obanor is the son of a minister and if i recall correctly, Abmas went to a high school that is very similar to ORU and the lifestyle was a major reason he attended ORU. NOT saying that i KNOW ANYTHING but i highly doubt either of these two are looking to get away from ORU bc of lifestyle

Not exactly the same but i would say the lifestyle at ORU is very similar to NW in orange city where our two rabbit legends just moved to coach. As i recall Coach Rotert stated that the lifestyle was one of the big factors that had her excited about the job

that all said, i would have totally expected that Abmas would go through the combine process and get the feedback and return to ORU, but Obanor in the portal kind of makes ya think that maybe he knows something about what Abmas is going to do??? maybe?? pure speculation on my part of course

they still have another half dozen very quality players. some of which can probably step up if a void is left by the departure of one or both stars. IDK if any of them can step up to the level of those two??? but i do not think anyone was really expecting Abmas to have the year he had last year after his freshman year. i have already forgotten all the other names but i know that they were very excited to get the kid last year who played guard next to Abmas. I am thinking Thompson. was a PG coming out juco about 6'4 maybe little more. he definitely hit plenty of big shots in their post season run as well as the post with the shoulder brace
                              they have some other guys who gained very valuable experience and probably confidence. they will undoubtedly be better than usd without umude and AJ. not going to predict finish order, as we have all said the conference will be very tough next year

anyway losing either or both would be a big loss for ORU but really for the conference too. i have no doubt the top teams were NOT thinking OH NO we gotta play a team that almost made the final 8. they were thinking we are gonna beat a team that almost made the final 8. this would take away plenty of that excitement, but i would definitely not assume the returning guys cannot step up

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Obanor is the son of a minister and if i recall correctly, Abmas went to a high school that is very similar to ORU and the lifestyle was a major reason he attended ORU. NOT saying that i KNOW ANYTHING but i highly doubt either of these two are looking to get away from ORU bc of lifestyle

Not exactly the same but i would say the lifestyle at ORU is very similar to NW in orange city where our two rabbit legends just moved to coach. As i recall Coach Rotert stated that the lifestyle was one of the big factors that had her excited about the job

that all said, i would have totally expected that Abmas would go through the combine process and get the feedback and return to ORU, but Obanor in the portal kind of makes ya think that maybe he knows something about what Abmas is going to do??? maybe?? pure speculation on my part of course

they still have another half dozen very quality players. some of which can probably step up if a void is left by the departure of one or both stars. IDK if any of them can step up to the level of those two??? but i do not think anyone was really expecting Abmas to have the year he had last year after his freshman year. i have already forgotten all the other names but i know that they were very excited to get the kid last year who played guard next to Abmas. I am thinking Thompson. was a PG coming out juco about 6'4 maybe little more. he definitely hit plenty of big shots in their post season run as well as the post with the shoulder brace
                                they have some other guys who gained very valuable experience and probably confidence. they will undoubtedly be better than usd without umude and AJ. not going to predict finish order, as we have all said the conference will be very tough next year

anyway losing either or both would be a big loss for ORU but really for the conference too. i have no doubt the top teams were NOT thinking OH NO we gotta play a team that almost made the final 8. they were thinking we are gonna beat a team that almost made the final 8. this would take away plenty of that excitement, but i would definitely not assume the returning guys cannot step up
                                You may be putting words into the conversation that did not point to the 2 current players. The statement was a general statement about the program losing quality players on a regular basis. I am glad we can agree about the stable not being empty should there be a move by Obanor and Abmas. I would still believe that ORU could be a difficult lifestyle for some young people to adapt.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X