Brewster out at UND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewster out at UND

Just like the title says Travis Brewster has been fired at UND. Mallory Bernhard will be the interim head coach.

Out so far after this season:

UND- Travis Brewster
    UNO- Brittany Lange
    Denver- Jim Turgeon ( guessing he'll be gone and the interim will become the head coach)

WIU- Billy Wright

Rodney Billups at Denver will likely be gone after next year unless an insane turnaround happens. He has 1 more year on his contract.
    There have been some rumors David Richman's name has been floating around for the Wyoming job. I doubt he would take it even if it was true or if he was offered.
    Some people think Dawn Plitzuweit will leave after this season. I don't see it happening this year. Mainly, what P5 jobs are open that she would want? Also, her son is on the men's team (not that she has time to watch him play.)
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post

UND- Travis Brewster
      UNO- Brittany Lange
      Denver- Jim Turgeon ( guessing he'll be gone and the interim will become the head coach)

WIU- Billy Wright

Rodney Billups at Denver will likely be gone after next year unless an insane turnaround happens. He has 1 more year on his contract.
      There have been some rumors David Richman's name has been floating around for the Wyoming job. I doubt he would take it even if it was true or if he was offered.
      Some people think Dawn Plitzuweit will leave after this season. I don't see it happening this year. Mainly, what P5 jobs are open that she would want? Also, her son is on the men's team (not that she has time to watch him play.)
      Some thought TJ would need a year with his own players before leaving. Coach P could have an offer too good to turn down. Billups could get a big turn around if he gets a good assistant to run the game and he can recruit.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

UND- Travis Brewster
        UNO- Brittany Lange

WIU- Billy Wright

I agree Plitzuweit may be a year out but I don't think her son being on the team has any bearing to the decision. Her daughter does have a year left of HS.
        Wisconsin could be a landing spot if the coach is fired (their coaches record is 45-80 in 4 years; 12-19 this past season; finished 13th in Big Ten last 3 years).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

I agree Plitzuweit may be a year out but I don't think her son being on the team has any bearing to the decision. Her daughter does have a year left of HS.
          Wisconsin could be a landing spot if the coach is fired (their coaches record is 45-80 in 4 years; 12-19 this past season; finished 13th in Big Ten last 3 years).
          I agree her son being on the men's team doesn't affect her future coaching decisions, but talking to others about coaching they always seem to bring it up. If she leaves, he'll stay with the team; he only has 2 more years with team. Not sure what her daughter's plans are after high school.
          Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

I agree her son being on the men's team doesn't affect her future coaching decisions, but talking to others about coaching they always seem to bring it up. If she leaves, he'll stay with the team; he only has 2 more years with team. Not sure what her daughter's plans are after high school.
            Her son has 3 yrs of eligibility left. Her daughter has verballed to a Div II team in Michigan (Grand Valley State).

Comment

Her son has 3 yrs of eligibility left. Her daughter has verballed to a Div II team in Michigan (Grand Valley State).
              That's the school she came from before she was at USD.

Comment

Who does UND go after?

Things like that always makes me wonder who Sell has on his short list if AJ ever leaves?

Comment

Not sure where it will happen but I would think Megan Vogel would get a shot at a head job sometime in the near future. Figured she would be on a short list here if AJ ever moved on. Hope he stays until he retires.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                    Who does UND go after?

Things like that always makes me wonder who Sell has on his short list if AJ ever leaves?
                    Jewett? I really like JD Gravina

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dan Majerle out at Grand Canyon.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

That's the school she came from before she was at USD.
                        Minor detail: Dawn P coached at Northern Kentucky 2012 - 2016. She coached at Grand Valley State from 2002-07. No question she's established herself as an excellent coach and one would think she's on a lot the radar of many Athletic Directors.

Comment

Dan Majerle out at Grand Canyon.
                          Interesting. Majerle had an overall record of 136-89 at Grand Canyon with this season's record his worst year: 13-17. But he had 20-win seasons in each of the prior three seasons.

USD's head coach Todd Lee came to USD from Grand Canyon -- assistant to Majerle for five seasons. .

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            Jewett? I really like JD Gravina

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                            I could see UND making a run at Gravina, that would make them a very dangerous offensive team next year. He had some really good teams at WIU that gave the Jacks trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

I could see UND making a run at Gravina, that would make them a very dangerous offensive team next year. He had some really good teams at WIU that gave the Jacks trouble.
                              I honestly think JD could do more if it wasn't for WIU and their woes. His program is just on the outside of the SD schools, but he can't get over the hump because his program is stuck at WIU. The school to the south stole a coach from WIU; perhaps UND could also do it. I'm sure they can offer more money to go with better facilities, more fans, and job stability.
                              Rollin' in my 5.0

Comment

Working...
                              X