No announcement yet.

2019-2020 WBB Summit League Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched the first half of the WIU at PFW game. Woof. While I am not really high on this years team with what we have left to deal with, we are lucky to have a quality team to watch day in and day out. I will say Riley Ott is a pretty decent PG for a freshman, but she is only listed at 5'5".

Comment

I did not see any of the game. I see WIU was 20-33 from charity line in the 83-74 win. That gives them a leg up on the 3 seed. It is odd they allowed over 70 to PFW. Mastodons are appearing to be a near lock for the 9 seed.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        I did not see any of the game. I see WIU was 20-33 from charity line in the 83-74 win. That gives them a leg up on the 3 seed. It is odd they allowed over 70 to PFW. Mastodons are appearing to be a near lock for the 9 seed.
        It's a 2 team league.

Comment

The bison go overtime again as they get tougher this year.
          Feb. 08 Purdue Fort Wayne * 57 Denver 83 Final
          Feb. 09 Oral Roberts * 80 North Dakota State 76 Final - OT
          Fargo, N.D. | Scheels Center
          Feb. 09 South Dakota * 93 North Dakota 46 Final
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

usd women get a scare in Tulsa, winning 77-73

Comment

The game Omaha/PFW game on Saturday has significance as WIU beats Omaha. 1-12 is sported by both teams headed into Saturday. The loser of that game has an increased odds of sitting out the SLT. Yotes crush the bison in Vermillion which will make the UND(5-8) vs NDSU(5-8) game a potential seeding game for those 2 teams.

Comment

Feb. 22 Omaha * 65 Purdue Fort Wayne 51 Final
                This game should give those Brittany Lange fans a boost. It could be farewell PFW.

Comment

NDSU takes the seed ahead of UND today with a win in Grand Forks. ORU loses at Denver to even those records.
                  Current Summit League Standings:
                  South Dakota 15-0
                  South Dakota State 12-3
                  WIU 9-5
                  Oral Roberts 7-7
                  Denver 7-7
                  North Dakota State 6-8
                  North Dakota 5-9
                  Omaha 2-12
                  Purdue Fort Wayne 1-13

Comment

I like where SDSU is sitting but I hope Western Illinois wins either @Denver or @ORU. That would keep them in third place. That way SDSU will get UND and then Western Illinois (NDSU) instead of having to play either Denver or ORU. Denver beat SDSU and ORU only lost to USD by 4 points in Tulsa.

Comment

I would like to see us play oru or western. I feel like we just match up better. Denver is a wild card if they get hot would rather avoid the .
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Feb. 27 Denver * 85 Purdue Fort Wayne 67 Final
                        Feb. 27 South Dakota State * 85 North Dakota State 58 Final
                        Feb. 27 Western Illinois * 60 Oral Roberts 71 Final
                        Mabee Center
                        Feb. 27 North Dakota * 71 Omaha 67 Final

Comment

If Denver beat Western Illinois and ORU beats Fort Wayne, all 3 of those teams will be 9-7 in the league. I think they all split with each other.
                          Who gets the 3 seed? USD beat them all. Denver beat SDSU but I don't think it goes by best win (or am I wrong).

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                            If Denver beat Western Illinois and ORU beats Fort Wayne, all 3 of those teams will be 9-7 in the league. I think they all split with each other.
                            Who gets the 3 seed? USD beat them all. Denver beat SDSU but I don't think it goes by best win (or am I wrong).
                            If I knew how to post it, I would the scene from BASEketball with Kenny Mayne and Dan Patrick explaining the playoff tiebreaker. That's what it reminds me of.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Women's pairings

Saturday

(1) South Dakota vs (8) Omaha, noon

(2) South Dakota State vs (7) North Dakota, 2:30 p.m.

Sunday

(4) Oral Roberts vs (5) Western Illinois, noon

(3) Denver vs (6) North Dakota State, 2:30 p.m.

Monday

Semifinal, noon

Semifinal, 2:30 p.m.

Tuesday

Championship, 1 p.m. (all games televised on Midco SN except championship on ESPNU)
                              STORY FROM U.S. CENSUS BUREAU

Comment

Paiton makes the 1st team in the Summit League. Tagyn makes 2nd team.

Comment

Working...
                                X