2019-2020 Summit BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    With at least half of this year's MBB regular season title guaranteed to held by the Jacks, I thought it would be good to take a moment before we're distracted by the NDSU game to take a wider look at a couple things the program has done.

- SDSU has won or split 6 of the last 8 titles. The next closest team is NDSU with 2 or 3 (depending on what happens in the next week).

- Here are the league W/L records over the past 3 seasons for SDSU and the two rivals:
    SDSU - 40 -5
    USD - 27-18
    NDSU - 25-19

- SDSU is 120-39 in league games over the past 10 years. 3.9 losses per year is pretty impressive going back that far. NDSU is likely second (I didn't look at PFW) with a 97-61 record.

It has been a fun run and being loaded with underclassmen bodes well for these stats to get even more skewed over the next few years.
    Culture wins and we are establishing that the BB culture at this school is hard to beat. We went in to the D-I era a "basketball school" and took our lumps on the MBB side for a # of years. And while FB has elevated itself to an FCS contender each year, we are now and always will be a "basketball school". It would be hard to for anyone inside or out to argue that when looking at what we've accomplished in MBB and WBB during our D-I time.

I LOVE that we have sustained success in MBB since Nagy and TJ have moved on. We will continue to climb the ladder and winning a game or two in the MBB tourney is not out of the question.

Kudos to all the former coaches, players, admins and anyone else involved in getting us to this point. I for one feel extremely spoiled to be a fan of these great programs and look forward to the years to come. The past 15 years have been great but I am really eager to see what we accomplish in the next 15 years.

Comment

• Welp... I was hoping to score some decent single session tickets by getting in on the presale this morning at 8 AM. Not the case. There weren't any lower level tickets that became available, which I was surprised by, as years past there have been. Seems like this year is destined to set another attendence record assuming SDSU and USD make it deep into the tournament with the lack of tickets available.

Comment

• Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Welp... I was hoping to score some decent single session tickets by getting in on the presale this morning at 8 AM. Not the case. There weren't any lower level tickets that became available, which I was surprised by, as years past there have been. Seems like this year is destined to set another attendence record assuming SDSU and USD make it deep into the tournament with the lack of tickets available.
        I wonder if a person went to the websites of say ORU, Denver, PFW, or Western Illinois if a person couldn't pick up some of their allocation. Not sure how it all works for that but might be worth a try. I know of some Jacks fans that bought some seats in the Coyote section when they put out on social media that they had some available.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BTownJack View Post

Culture wins and we are establishing that the BB culture at this school is hard to beat. We went in to the D-I era a "basketball school" and took our lumps on the MBB side for a # of years. And while FB has elevated itself to an FCS contender each year, we are now and always will be a "basketball school". It would be hard to for anyone inside or out to argue that when looking at what we've accomplished in MBB and WBB during our D-I time.

I LOVE that we have sustained success in MBB since Nagy and TJ have moved on. We will continue to climb the ladder and winning a game or two in the MBB tourney is not out of the question.

Kudos to all the former coaches, players, admins and anyone else involved in getting us to this point. I for one feel extremely spoiled to be a fan of these great programs and look forward to the years to come. The past 15 years have been great but I am really eager to see what we accomplish in the next 15 years.
          I agree with all of this but I do wish we could have the atmosphere like we did on Sunday a whole lot more often. I'm old enough to have been in Frost on those games that were in the 8,500-9,200 in attendance. If you thought Sunday was electric, it was nothing compared to those. Now, I get that a lot has changed: the games are on TV/Internet, they used to be Friday/Saturday doubleheaders, and the cost has gone up considerably. That doesn't mean I can't wish for a full and energized crowd in Frost Arena. Also, I'm not saying that I disagree with the changes that have been made to Frost. Some were mandated by the NCAA. Just love it when the atmosphere is special, pure and simple.

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

I agree with all of this but I do wish we could have the atmosphere like we did on Sunday a whole lot more often. I'm old enough to have been in Frost on those games that were in the 8,500-9,200 in attendance. If you thought Sunday was electric, it was nothing compared to those. Now, I get that a lot has changed: the games are on TV/Internet, they used to be Friday/Saturday doubleheaders, and the cost has gone up considerably. That doesn't mean I can't wish for a full and energized crowd in Frost Arena. Also, I'm not saying that I disagree with the changes that have been made to Frost. Some were mandated by the NCAA. Just love it when the atmosphere is special, pure and simple.

SUPERBUNNY
            I was a student, started in 2000, and some of the USD games were 9000 and were crazy. I miss the old wooden bleachers that were low to the court. it was like being right next to the game. Even some of the transition years the womens team maybe our first WNIT home game, I think was 6500, or the first time SDSU and USD women played again after the break. That game was great fans support and attendance.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

I wonder if a person went to the websites of say ORU, Denver, PFW, or Western Illinois if a person couldn't pick up some of their allocation. Not sure how it all works for that but might be worth a try. I know of some Jacks fans that bought some seats in the Coyote section when they put out on social media that they had some available.

SUPERBUNNY
              Might be worth a shot. I was hoping that those would be released and sold, possibly as single game tickets. Not sure when they get released though.

Comment

Might be worth a shot. I was hoping that those would be released and sold, possibly as single game tickets. Not sure when they get released though.
                Update... tried it. They all said they ask for a certain amount to distribute to families of coaches and stuff, but beyond that, they don't get any extra to sell.

Comment

Update... tried it. They all said they ask for a certain amount to distribute to families of coaches and stuff, but beyond that, they don't get any extra to sell.
                  I would check with the Denny ticket office a day or two before the 7th. It seems that sometimes they have last minute tickets that teams turn back after they get to Sioux Falls.

Comment

• I kinda thought Denver MBB was showing some sign's of life as of late. Then they go out and put up 14 in the first half against PFW. WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      I kinda thought Denver MBB was showing some sign's of life as of late. Then they go out and put up 14 in the first half against PFW. WOOF!
                      UND vs Omaha on Midco at 7pm as well.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I kinda thought Denver MBB was showing some sign's of life as of late. Then they go out and put up 14 in the first half against PFW. WOOF!
                        is that a typo? you mean 41 right? If not that has to be some sort of record. I thought games scoring in the low 20s for a half was bad.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

is that a typo? you mean 41 right? If not that has to be some sort of record. I thought games scoring in the low 20s for a half was bad.
                          No, I just caught the end part of the half, it looked uuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggglllllllllllllyyyy!

Comment

• Who helps us by winning in the UNO vs UND game or is it too fluid yet?

Comment

Who helps us by winning in the UNO vs UND game or is it too fluid yet?
                              UND. ORU is who we need higher. SDSU swept ORU. NDSU split.
                              sdsu also swept UND. ndsu split with UND.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

UND. ORU is who we need higher. SDSU swept ORU. NDSU split.
                                OK, I'll go put on my green and black! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X