No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Summit BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you’re right about ORU. Unless something very unexpected happens they should coast into the 4 seed. However, NDSU can trump that tiebreaker by winning at USD this week. There’s a lot to be settled in a hurry.

I’m definitely worried about how we’ll fare at UND. Road wins are tough enough, and the way we opened the last two games is concerning. That likely won’t work away from Frost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      I think you’re right about ORU. Unless something very unexpected happens they should coast into the 4 seed. However, NDSU can trump that tiebreaker by winning at USD this week. There’s a lot to be settled in a hurry.

I’m definitely worried about how we’ll fare at UND. Road wins are tough enough, and the way we opened the last two games is concerning. That likely won’t work away from Frost.
      True.

What is best for us is USD beating NDSU and then us beating UND and USD this week. Then we should go into Fargo with the #1 seed on lock assuming ORU finishes 4th. Lots of what ifs.

Comment

• FYI, I was looking for Summit League Tournament ticket info today because I'll be going with single session passes this year instead of all session passes. I found this on the Summit League website:

"Single-session tickets will be available for purchase Tuesday, February 25 at 10 a.m. Fans who download the Official Summit League Basketball Championships App Presented by Yellow Jacket Irrigation and Landscaping will receive a promotional code to purchase tickets in advance starting at 8 a.m. on February 25th. The promotional code will be sent through the app."

So, if you're looking to purchase single session tickets, might be a good idea to download the app so you can get the code and purchase starting at 8 A.M. next Tuesday. Let's make sure any bandwagon USeD fans are relegated to sitting way up top.

Comment

• I hope the app wasn't developed by the same company that did the Iowa caucus app. You may not know if you've purchased a ticket until after the tournament is over.

I'm sorry, that was politics and I will censor myself for the rest of the day.

Comment

• sorry duplicate post. see below.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Is the summit league website not a thing anymore? Or do I need an app for that. I get an error message when I go to the league website.

Does anyone know if they are doing the fan fest in the arena this year?

This is the first year we haven't bought all session passes since the tourney has been in Sioux Falls. Since we have a toddler and 2 1/2 month old, the Denny doesn't let you bring in Diaper bags and I don't feel like carry 6 Ziploc bags of diapers and wipes etc. (If you haven't been to the Denny since their new bag policy, check it out so you don't get stuck taking things back to our car). When we are there for 5 hours at a time its impossible to have toddlers and new borns with their new bag policy.) If they have the fan fest I was thinking I could bring the 2 oldest for the SDSU games and kill some time at the fan fest. They really liked it before. Wish they would use the convention center for alumni gatherings for all schools, fan fun things etc. Sadly I will be watching most of the tournament from home, but will be saving oodles of money. It will be weird not going for the whole tournament.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
                Is the summit league website not a thing anymore? Or do I need an app for that. I get an error message when I go to the league website.

Does anyone know if they are doing the fan fest in the arena this year?

This is the first year we haven't bought all session passes since the tourney has been in Sioux Falls. Since we have a toddler and 2 1/2 month old, the Denny doesn't let you bring in Diaper bags and I don't feel like carry 6 Ziploc bags of diapers and wipes etc. (If you haven't been to the Denny since their new bag policy, check it out so you don't get stuck taking things back to our car). When we are there for 5 hours at a time its impossible to have toddlers and new borns with their new bag policy.) If they have the fan fest I was thinking I could bring the 2 oldest for the SDSU games and kill some time at the fan fest. They really liked it before. Wish they would use the convention center for alumni gatherings for all schools, fan fun things etc. Sadly I will be watching most of the tournament from home, but will be saving oodles of money. It will be weird not going for the whole tournament.
                This website works for me: http://www.thesummitleague.org/landing/index

I haven't heard anything about a fan fest... I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

This website works for me: http://www.thesummitleague.org/landing/index

I haven't heard anything about a fan fest... I doubt it.
                  thanks its working now. I tried it yesterday and this morning on different browsers and it didn't work. I don't know what others with kids thought of it but with little kids but fan fest was great for us. Not sure what the cost was for it, or issues getting the space, but if they don't have it might keep me home watching on TV for the whole thing. Oh well, but thanks for the link.

Comment

• One of the biggest games of the season for USD and they have an awful crowd. Also, Tyson Ward for NDSU seems to complain after every foul called against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                      One of the biggest games of the season for USD and they have an awful crowd. Also, Tyson Ward for NDSU seems to complain after every foul called against him.
                      I was thinking the same thing, I only watched while SDSU was commercial break and Ward thinks he is fouled a lot.

If USD could get NDSU to wear SDSU uniforms, then they might actually care. USD sure looked flat, but they are probably saving for the brookings game.

Comment

• Doesn’t look like USD is gonna help us out at all. Need UND to beat NDSU on Saturday night.

Comment

• Here’s an interesting thought; USD and ORU could both finish 10-6 in league. ORU would own tiebreaker over USD via their win over NDSU. So, NDSU could get the 1 seed as they now would own tiebreaker over SDSU if the Jacks don’t beat them next week, BUT the Yotes would be the 4 and face the Bison Monday night in Sioux Falls.

ORU finishes @DU, WIU, PFW
                          USD finishes @SDSU, UND

Comment

One of the biggest games of the season for USD and they have an awful crowd. Also, Tyson Ward for NDSU seems to complain after every foul called against him.
                            The crowd was pathetic. That side behind the benches wasn't even half full, even in the first 10 or 12 rows. Don't know why - nice new arena and a competitive team fighting for a top 2 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The crowd was pathetic. That side behind the benches wasn't even half full, even in the first 10 or 12 rows. Don't know why - nice new arena and a competitive team fighting for a top 2 seed.
                              Official attendance is reported 2164. Compared to ORU reporting, that may be a conservative number.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Here’s an interesting thought; USD and ORU could both finish 10-6 in league. ORU would own tiebreaker over USD via their win over NDSU. So, NDSU could get the 1 seed as they now would own tiebreaker over SDSU if the Jacks don’t beat them next week, BUT the Yotes would be the 4 and face the Bison Monday night in Sioux Falls.

ORU finishes @DU, WIU, PFW
                                USD finishes @SDSU, UND
                                Looks to me like if usd and ORU finishes in a tie and NDSU finish the one seed, then usd would get the 4 seed because ORU beat NDSU once and usd lost twice. If we get the one seed, then usd would get the 3 seed because they beat us once and ORU lost to us twice. So either way, usd would be in the opposite bracket as us. Of course we still have to beat the yotes on Sunday for any of this to matter.

Comment

Working...
                                X