WBB SLT 2019 @ Sioux Falls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB SLT 2019 @ Sioux Falls

Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: WBB SLT 2019 @ Sioux Falls

The weather looks to be rather interesting this weekend. Typical I guess...
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      The weather looks to be rather interesting this weekend. Typical I guess...
      I think more often that not the weather is bad for the Summit League tournament but I do remember a couple of times when I washed my car in Sioux Falls between the WBB championship game and the MBB championship game so there have been some really nice weekends, too. Just not near as many.

The women's bracket isn't anything like the men's. The only first round game that might be close is Western Illinois vs Oral Roberts. Hopefully UND can stay within 20 points of Denver but I don't know about that.
      The questions is will either semifinal game be within 20 points os so.
      The championship game should be a doozie though.

Comment

2017 the weather was fantastic - sunny and warm most, if not all, of the tourney. Last year (2018) was bad. Lots of people didn't make it down to some of the games from Brookings and others ended up getting a hotel. Brookings called off school both Monday and Tuesday during last year's tourney.

This year doesn't look good as of now. Hopefully that changes for the better. We plan to leave Friday night if we have to.

Comment

Weather channel saying Snow starting after midnight on Friday. Accumulation 5-8 inches expected on Saturday. Tickets available in the lobby?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
            Weather channel saying Snow starting after midnight on Friday. Accumulation 5-8 inches expected on Saturday. Tickets available in the lobby?

I'm just wondering how much snow will fall by 11AM on Saturday. Once I get to Sioux Falls I will worry about that comes next.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              I'm just wondering how much snow will fall by 11AM on Saturday. Once I get to Sioux Falls I will worry about that comes next.
              As long as I'm not pushing too much of it with my bumper , the snow that is, (PU clearance, 10-12" ??) , I used to drive home after work (no snowplows when it's still snowing and blowing out) about 5 1/2 mi from Sioux Falls with a 2WD PU, everyone knows how light they are in the back (no traction, wheels spin easily).The trick is don't stop, went thru many red lights late at night, good thing is, no one else out (smarter than me) to see it, yes I made sure there wasn't any on coming traffic first. Also avoid the hills or long inclines as much as possible , plan your route with that in mind, it's nice if some other idiot blazed a path for you to drive in their tracks for you on the lonely highway(don't know where the highway shoulders are otherwise). Cops are pretty lenient in bad weather, generally speaking. I never left work early, although I should have probably, no one to take over my job, and so I was pretty much obligated to stay working till my replacement came in. I did have some wooden boxes full of large rocks in the PU bed for weight I placed over the axle when I knew ahead of time a bad storm was coming.Worked there 20 yrs , always drove a pick up, but did finally get a used Suburban 4 wd for such occasions after a few scares of wondering if i'd make it. Made it all the way home one night (low visibility, like 10 ft) had to go slow and pick out your landmarks really good , or i'd go past my house and end up in Canton. Had to drive my car right into a snow bank that had drifted over night in my drive way to get my car off the road and go to bed not worrying about it causing an accident. That's SD for you, now I've got older and have accumulated all the amenities for winter life in SD( AWD vehicle, skid loader, etc,etc,), and since I'm retired, I stay home in bad weather, much less stressfull I might add.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-06-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Very happy to already be up from DFW. Been at least 3 years since around snow that sticks. Dont even have to drive again til Wed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  Very happy to already be up from DFW. Been at least 3 years since around snow that sticks. Dont even have to drive again til Wed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                  I know quite a few people that are departing Brookings a day early. I will be as well - leaving after work today and like you, won't be driving till Tuesday night. Hopefully the 2nd snow storm in the forecast for the middle of next week will hold off long enough to allow us to get home.

Comment

I’m driving up tonight and settling in for the duration also. This event is worth it.

The Sportsman Show opens at 10AM in the Arena tomorrow. It’s something to do before the game if you’re looking.

https://www.siouxfallssportshow.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                      This makes me glad I'm staying across the street for the tournament. Family makes a mini-vacation on the weekend with my sisters coming down so the kids can play at the water park there. This year, we decided to stay on Friday due to the weather. Just means extra play time for them.

Comment

off topic a bit. are tire chains still legal in South Dakota, had a two wheel drive ford ranger when i lived in the Hills and used em in 12 inch snowfall and had no problems, plus about 300 lbs of sandbags in the bed.

Comment

Anyone have information on SDSU fan gatherings before the SDSU games?

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                            off topic a bit. are tire chains still legal in South Dakota, had a two wheel drive ford ranger when i lived in the Hills and used em in 12 inch snowfall and had no problems, plus about 300 lbs of sandbags in the bed.
                            I used to hear those vehicles that had tire chains on in the old days a mile away, had their own unique sound coming down the road, with the advent of FWD and AWD and those cars becoming more prevalent nowdays, I don't hear that much anymore. That's all people had back in the old days, but now snow chains have been pretty much relegated as "a thing of the past".

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Anyone have information on SDSU fan gatherings before the SDSU games?
                              It seemed that there was chatter about pregame activities after the weekend when space was available. Saturday I had heard there is a place named Crooked Pint near Howard Wood.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                              X