Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post

Who's the source? Augie?
    Interesting that this is a complete 180 from what Douple said at the SE Staters meeting. Unless it involves serious extra payments to the state schools I don't see why they would be in favor unless it was to save the auto-bid.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by slosho View Post
      Interesting that this is a complete 180 from what Douple said at the SE Staters meeting. Unless it involves serious extra payments to the state schools I don't see why they would be in favor unless it was to save the auto-bid.

Or a threat from a certain corporate sponsor to take money away...…..

Comment

Maybe the "check is in the mail." All I can say is if this all is true, the check better be damn big (like eight-figures big), and it better not bounce.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

Maybe the "check is in the mail." All I can say is if this all is true, the check better be damn big (like eight-figures big), and it better not bounce.
          Right. However there are 6 other institution presidents so might have something to say about this as well. It is worth mentioning that gaining UMKC and St Johns in the league would put us right at the 10 team Goldie locks #for the league.

Comment

• Let's now put much stock, if any, the guys on KWSN have to say. Especially when it comes to this subject. Some of the stuff that comes out of John's mouth is clearly just stirring the pot.

Comment

• Boot Western Illinois and bring in Augie and St. Thomas and we have the ideal #of 10. WIU is a dumpster fire that will only get worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Boot Western Illinois and bring in Augie and St. Thomas and we have the ideal #of 10. WIU is a dumpster fire that will only get worse.
                St Thomas. Thanks. But Augie would make 11 ORU, Denver UMKC, UND, NDSU, UNO, USD, IPFW, and SDSU. Plus the doggies. Makes 11

Comment

St Thomas. Thanks. But Augie would make 11 ORU, Denver UMKC, UND, NDSU, UNO, USD, IPFW, and SDSU. Plus the doggies. Makes 11

IFPW is gone.

Comment

IFPW is gone.
                    Right I always confuse those schools but WIU is still around. Right?

Comment

• Sorry I missed the "boot WIU" since I thought they were the ones leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Me too. I'd like to know what changed from a conversation I had with a "high ranking" official at SDSU.

For the record here is KWSN's source: https://twitter.com/SlashToddEpp
                        Listen/read the Sioux Falls media/Augustana spin very, very carefully.

Epp did NOT say that his "highly placed source" was actually an official with USD or SDSU.

In other words, he's rumor-mongering.

What these people consistently fail to realize is that an institution simply does not announce that it's "going to D-I" and then it happens.

The institution has to be invited FIRST by a D-I conference. Augie can "go to D-I" for the next fifty years but unless a D-I conference invites them, they will NOT be a D-I institution.

People in the Sioux Falls media REALLY need to get out of Sioux Falls more.

At this point, I sincerely hope that the Summit League tells Augustana to go pound sand (or go to the WAC, which is their only other option, realistically.)
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

Listen/read the Sioux Falls media/Augustana spin very, very carefully.

Epp did NOT say that his "highly placed source" was actually an official with USD or SDSU.

In other words, he's rumor-mongering.

What these people consistently fail to realize is that an institution simply does not announce that it's "going to D-I" and then it happens.

The institution has to be invited FIRST by a D-I conference. Augie can "go to D-I" for the next fifty years but unless a D-I conference invites them, they will NOT be a D-I institution.

People in the Sioux Falls media REALLY need to get out of Sioux Falls more.

At this point, I sincerely hope that the Summit League tells Augustana to go pound sand (or go to the WAC, which is their only other option, realistically.)
                          Both SDSU & NDSU had to pay their dues and prove themselves before being invited to the Summit League. I don't see why Augie shouldn't have to too.

Comment

Boot Western Illinois and bring in Augie and St. Thomas and we have the ideal #of 10. WIU is a dumpster fire that will only get worse.
                            Augie is a small time school in a small state. They don't have any nationally relevant research programs, they are a niche Lutheran school. They will never be a nationally relevant university, they aren't a nationally supported Catholic school like Creigton or Gonzaga.

Like I said before, they are far closer to a Centenary than a Creighton. Augie will never even be close to a Drake. SDSU might as well drop back to D2 if the SL needs Augie to survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              "USD and SDSU supportive of Augie joining invite, says high-ranking official"

https://twitter.com/KWSNSports/statu...97263674134529

https://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-tal...king-official/
                              Fake news. They are reporting what a unnamed source said that unnamed SDSU and USD sources said. Headline reads like the show talked to SDSU and USD officials and they did not

Comment

• Pretty sure Epp talked with Kelby. The statements he makes sound very similar to past comments Kelby has made in past interviews. He isn't a high-ranking official within SDSU or USD, but I'm not sure how well plugged in he is to those making these decisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X