Augie to the Summit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    The sports radio experts of Sioux Falls.
    Enjoy: https://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-tal...nd-attendance/

*Apparently “For a Fact”: Band scholarships have been take away from kids and given to the athletic dept. at SDSU.
    I would like to see the reference on that. The band has its own funding stream separate from athletics. I find it hard to believe that money could be diverted from one department to another. General funds coming into the University, yes. However, I don't see the music supporters letting a scholarship disappear if they are asked to give towards one.
    Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
    -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      The sports radio experts of Sioux Falls.
      Enjoy: https://kwsn.com/podcasts/sports-tal...nd-attendance/

*Apparently “For a Fact”: Band scholarships have been take away from kids and given to the athletic dept. at SDSU.
      This is laughable. Judas - how could you get more ridiculous? The band isn't even under the SDSU Athletic umbrella. As JimmieTuba references above.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

I would like to see the reference on that. The band has its own funding stream separate from athletics. I find it hard to believe that money could be diverted from one department to another. General funds coming into the University, yes. However, I don't see the music supporters letting a scholarship disappear if they are asked to give towards one.
        From what I’ve seen, the band would actually like more people to be in the bands, and scholarships are pretty easy to get for it. There may be less band scholarships, but I’m fairly sure it would be because of lack of demand to get them.

Comment

• Gaskins is a joke. He was tweeting out during the game about Jackrabbit fans complaining about bad calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            Gaskins is a joke. He was tweeting out during the game about Jackrabbit fans complaining about bad calls.
            If I posted what I think of Gaskins, I'd have to permanently ban myself.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Lol... well played Augie...

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...741475329?s=20

Comment

• Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Biggest ad in the gym? Looks like it's the same size as Pepsi and Poet. Maybe that's camera tricks.

Comment

• Augie still brings much more to the Summit than Western Illinois and UMKC.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Augie still brings much more to the Summit than Western Illinois and UMKC.
                    Not outside of South Dakota it doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HoboJack View Post

Not outside of South Dakota it doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Even inside South Dakota. The fact that Augie will dilute from the corporate sponsorship pool (not to mention the DI athlete pool) in the state is a big deal. What they could potentially bring from an excitement standpoint is quickly erased by the negatives of competing for finite dollars in a small state.

I still don't think Augie will be competitive at the DI level. They really weren't during the DII days when they competed against SDSU, USD, NDSU, and UND. Magically after all those teams left they became relevant. That's not a coincidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                        Gaskins is a joke. He was tweeting out during the game about Jackrabbit fans complaining about bad calls.
                        I made the mistake of clicking the link and listening to the discussion on Augustana. He's comparing them to Creighton and Gonzaga? Haskin's in from NE. Creighton is 4 times the size of Augustana. A lot of Creighton students come from outside of NE and have a lot of money and their alumni earn a lot of money and donate a lot of money. Same with Gonzaga.

Comparing Augie to those two schools may be the craziest thing I have ever heard on radio, it is the equivalent of comparing SDSU to UNL.

Comment

• Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Augie still brings much more to the Summit than Western Illinois and UMKC.
                          This may be, but I do not see why you believe Augie brings more. What does it have that neither of the other universities are not "bringing"?
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Also those two are Catholic schools and like you said, draw from a national pool of students. Augie is a small time Lutheran school with no national presence or even great research programs.

Gaskins is truly an idiot, I quit listening since he is so bad at his takes on most every topic.

Comment

• Gaskins is an absolute genius. Just ask him. He will tell you. He shows a lot of his lack of knowledge on the situation in that few minutes. Omaha is a million people, that is what it has to do with, not the enrollment of the school. I'm not saying Augie couldn't be successful but it takes a level of funding that is way above where Augie is thinking to get to that point.

As for the big Augie crowd at the Summit, where are they going to get the tickets? Royal blue will dominate that tourney as long as it is in Sioux Falls.

Finally, there is no guarantee that they get in. Sure, they would love to be in the Summit but I'm not so sure that NDSU, USD, and SDSU are for it. Let's face it, those three are the strength of the league which carries a lot of weight.

It's kind of fun to see the Sioux Falls school get left out in the cold if you ask me. From a pure fan standpoint it would be fun to have them. I miss pounding those clowns.

SUPERBUNNY

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                Sure, they would love to be in the Summit but I'm not so sure that NDSU, USD, and SDSU are for it. Let's face it, those three are the strength of the league which carries a lot of weight.

I can say for a fact SDSU is not for it. I talked to someone in a powerful position at SDSU a few weeks ago and that individual flat-out told me they weren't in favor of Augie to the Summit.

Let's face it, colleges are businesses and bringing in Augie would be a bad business move for SDSU and USD. If someone can't see that, I'm not sure what to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X