• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacksfan29
    replied
    Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Strange that four teams out of 16 are from the WAC
    A lot of teams turn the CBI and CIT down which means the organizers go down the line. Most WAC schools being fairly new to any type of post season, they will accept every time.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I erred . . . the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum opened in 1952.

So think of a kind of a Denny-sized Sioux Falls Arena with a regulation hockey rink. The place is old (but they keep renovating it).
    On a side note, the newsboys play there next sunday, they just played at the pavilion in SF.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    I hear ya! I'm sure they would love to play in this arena all the time! They have all the stickers on the floor and I would guess they had to rent it for the not so many fans that showed up.
    I erred . . . the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum opened in 1952.

So think of a kind of a Denny-sized Sioux Falls Arena with a regulation hockey rink. The place is old (but they keep renovating it).

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    They probably had some PE 101 class scheduled so the gym wasn't open, or they moved it to a high school gym since its nicer then their gym. I don't mean that as smack, just on TV their gym looks really bad.
    I hear ya! I'm sure they would love to play in this arena all the time! They have all the stickers on the floor and I would guess they had to rent it for the not so many fans that showed up.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

Originally posted by goon View Post
    They probably had some PE 101 class scheduled so the gym wasn't open, or they moved it to a high school gym since its nicer then their gym. I don't mean that as smack, just on TV their gym looks really bad.
    It's in the War Memorial Coliseum . . . think of a 25-years-older Denny Sanford Center; about the same capacity as the Denny but older.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    They moved it off campus I see.

Leave a comment:

• Justwin
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    CIT game between IPFW and Central Michigan on now (11 am Monday 3/12) on CBS Sports Network.
    They moved it off campus I see.

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied

CIT game between IPFW and Central Michigan on now (11 am Monday 3/12) on CBS Sports Network.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbit74
    replied

Strange that four teams out of 16 are from the WAC

Leave a comment:

• FargoBison
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Is there a consensus of which tourney is more prestigious? CBI or the CIT? I'm thinking it is the CBI right?
    It used to be the CBI but now that high-major teams avoid playing in it they are essentially the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Is there a consensus of which tourney is more prestigious? CBI or the CIT? I'm thinking it is the CBI right?

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    USD can win the whole darn thing.
    If they can get a few home games they certainly would be a favorite. The only question is if they use the Summit loss and the NIT snub as motivation, or if they've already moved on to next year.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Yotes will host North Texas Wednesday night in CBI.
    USD can win the whole darn thing.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Yotes will host North Texas Wednesday night in CBI.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    At high noon - think any students will cut class ?
    They should be out of bed by then and would only need to find the student ID to get into the game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X