replied
    Re: Summit League Postseason 2018

USD hosts Western Illinois in the first round of the WNIT

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    WNIT appears to have both USD and WIU on the schedule.
    https://www.womensnit.com/tournament-field.html

Pairings and details to be released in about an hour.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    If Konchar were to come that would be 3 first team all leaguers possibly in the starting 5. I wonder if IPFW would try to block a transfer to a conference school.
    I don't believe a school can block a grad transfer. I would love for Konchar to be a Jackrabbit next year but I believe he will have his pick of schools, many quality P5's included to choose from.

Also in regards to the rumor mill, I'm still waiting for Nate Wolters to transfer to Minnesota and Daum to transfer to Nebraska or Wisconsin.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

WNIT appears to have both USD and WIU on the schedule.
    https://www.womensnit.com/tournament-field.html

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Not sure what is crazier...the idea of Konchar landing with the Jacks or some saying he wouldn't crack our starting five if he did indeed transfer here.

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    This seems like a dream made of pipes.
    I sure might be, but it's fun to dream. Besides its good fodder till the ladies bracket is announced

Leave a comment:

• RabbitObsessed
    replied

This seems like a dream made of pipes.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

If Konchar were to come that would be 3 first team all leaguers possibly in the starting 5. I wonder if IPFW would try to block a transfer to a conference school.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I don't think SDSU could add another Jenkins Jr or Daum but I think Konchar isn't that type of player.
    He has more of an all around game. He would lead SDSU in steals by about 20, lead them in assists by about 50, be our second leading rebounder by about 2.5 rebounds/game and be second in the team in blocks. He averages about 1.5 assists to each assist that Daum and Jenkins Jr have together. He just has an all around game. Daum does rebound and block shots so he is more than just a scorer, too.
    King is the player that did a little of everything for the Jacks this year but Konchar does that stuff just a bit better. He would have more assists, steals, blocks and rebounds than King. He doesn't shoot quite as well from the line and in FG"s but he does shoot better from 3 point land.
    I could be wrong but I think that Konchar would not feel like he needs to shoot as much but he would be SDSU's 3rd best option(unless somebody new comes in) if somebody gets in fouled trouble, injured or something else happened.
    SDSU does have 7 new players on the team next year so they might not need him but I really like the way he plays.
    I agree. I always thought he played within the system at IPFW. He showed he could take over at times. The first game against SDSU this year he had a huge second half, scored 18 of his 23 points. He did shoot the ball 22 times, but on that team it was either him or Scott. They didn't have much else.

That being said Konchar grad transferring wouldn't be great for the league even though it might make us "better".

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    The "only one ball" argument is good if we were trying to say Mooney was Grad transferring...Konchar fits more the Telly role. True we have some great talent redshirting and coming in but to have a guy with the experience...invaluable. not to mention the leadership he could bring, another coach on the floor.
    With the guys we have returning, I don't think that leadership will be an issue. But, he would be a great guy to have come off the bench to as a member of the "second wave"

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
    There is only 1 ball on the court. Not that I would be against any of this but there are a lot of moving parts that need to fit together to make a great TEAM. Might not be as easy as one would think.
    I don't think SDSU could add another Jenkins Jr or Daum but I think Konchar isn't that type of player.
    He has more of an all around game. He would lead SDSU in steals by about 20, lead them in assists by about 50, be our second leading rebounder by about 2.5 rebounds/game and be second in the team in blocks. He averages about 1.5 assists to each assist that Daum and Jenkins Jr have together. He just has an all around game. Daum does rebound and block shots so he is more than just a scorer, too.
    King is the player that did a little of everything for the Jacks this year but Konchar does that stuff just a bit better. He would have more assists, steals, blocks and rebounds than King. He doesn't shoot quite as well from the line and in FG"s but he does shoot better from 3 point land.
    I could be wrong but I think that Konchar would not feel like he needs to shoot as much but he would be SDSU's 3rd best option(unless somebody new comes in) if somebody gets in fouled trouble, injured or something else happened.
    SDSU does have 7 new players on the team next year so they might not need him but I really like the way he plays.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    I see defense and rebounding to be his two strongest assets.
    and he can shoot the 3, sounds like telly to me. would be a good fit. rebound, defense and the 3.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    The "only one ball" argument is good if we were trying to say Mooney was Grad transferring...Konchar fits more the Telly role. True we have some great talent redshirting and coming in but to have a guy with the experience...invaluable. not to mention the leadership he could bring, another coach on the floor.
    I see defense and rebounding to be his two strongest assets.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Don't forget we also have 4 very good recruits (on paper) that are redshirts this year that already have the chemistry with the returning guys.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X