Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-17 Road to Sioux Falls SLT

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The Bison and Yotes MBB need only win 1 of their road games next week to lock #1 & #2 seeds. The next 5 are nearly interchangeable. Denver should be the favorite at home against Omaha which would keep them at the #3 seed even if the Jackrabbits handle them at Frost. That leaves the scrum among Ft Wayne, IUPUI, Omaha, and the Jackrabbits for 4-7. The Sunday games will not have many heavy favorites in the SLT. This will likely take until next Saturday night to know which is quite different this year.
    I'm fairly certain both NDSU and USD have locked up a 1 or 2 seed. Denver loses all the tiebreakers and the best they can do is tie after their loss today. I'm just glad NDSU got a Saturday game, I've given up on who I want to play.

USD has a tiebreaker edge for the #1 seed unless the Jacks can finish 3rd.

Comment

I've already been wrong once but I'm pretty sure USD is a top 2 seed for the men no matter what. Unsure on the Bison. I don't think the Jacks can be any better then a 4 with our 2 losses to NDSU but I could be wrong again. Head to head is first followed by record against the higher ranked teams. Denver beat NDSU. We can't be the 3 seed.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        I've already been wrong once but I'm pretty sure USD is a top 2 seed for the men no matter what. Unsure on the Bison. I don't think the Jacks can be any better then a 4 with our 2 losses to NDSU but I could be wrong again. Head to head is first followed by record against the higher ranked teams. Denver beat NDSU. We can't be the 3 seed.
        I think in a 4 way tie at 8-8 SDSU gets the #3 seed. SDSU would be 4-2 against Omaha, IPFW and Denver, IPFW would be 3-3, Omaha 3-3 and Denver 2-4. If you toss in IUPUI for a 5 way tie at 8-8 SDSU would also get it.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
          I think in a 4 way tie at 8-8 SDSU gets the #3 seed. SDSU would be 4-2 against Omaha, IPFW and Denver, IPFW would be 3-3, Omaha 3-3 and Denver 2-4. If you toss in IUPUI for a 5 way tie at 8-8 SDSU would also get it.
          Is it March yet? 😃
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
            Right again. When multiple teams are tied they use combined records. To me it's all the same if your 3-6 seed. You have to play 3 in a row to win it all. Jacks can't be a 2 seed and almost certainly won't be the 7 seed although I would be fine with that. Here's the rules again:

If 2 teams are tied:
            1.Results of head-to-head competition between the two tied teams.
            2.Comparison of each tied team's record against the team occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage.
            3.When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team's record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group's own tie-breaking procedure) rather than the performance against individual tied teams.
            4.If a tie still cannot be broken after applying criteria (1), (2) and (3), it will be broken by comparing each tied team's RPI (based upon the RPIratings.com Report issued on the morning following the last regular season League game).

•Multiple-Team Tiebreaking Criteria. The following criteria should be applied to break ties between more than two teams:
            1.Results of each tied team's collective record against the other teams tied for the same position.
            2.If multiple ties still remain, then each tied team's record shall be compared to the team or group (if 2 or more are tied) occupying the highest position in the standings continuing down through the standings until a team gains an advantage.
            3.If the above results in two teams remaining, the two-team tiebreaker is used.
            4.If a tie involving three or more teams still cannot be broken after applying criteria (1) and (2), it will be broken by comparing each tied team's RPI (based upon the RPIratings.com Report issued on the morning following the last regular season League game.)
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A four-way tie for first would be crazy. I'd be more than happy if we could end up in that mess after going all conference season without our MVP. We've been dominant at home and right in the mix with the other three members of the "big four" on the road. By the way, congrats to the Summit for the level of play those four have produced this year. Things seem to be headed in the right direction - especially if the three anchors at the bottom of the league can get their stuff together even a little.

Who do I hope we match up against in Sioux Falls? Give me WIU in the semis. It seems that tough defensive teams overcome high powered offensive teams about 90% of the time in a pressure-packed tournament environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                A four-way tie for first would be crazy. I'd be more than happy if we could end up in that mess after going all conference season without our MVP. We've been dominant at home and right in the mix with the other three members of the "big four" on the road. By the way, congrats to the Summit for the level of play those four have produced this year. Things seem to be headed in the right direction - especially if the three anchors at the bottom of the league can get their stuff together even a little.

Who do I hope we match up against in Sioux Falls? Give me WIU in the semis. It seems that tough defensive teams overcome high powered offensive teams about 90% of the time in a pressure-packed tournament environment.
                The Jackrabbits need a home win against Denver, but the only games that will influence the winner of the Summit for WBB is the USD road trip. I am expecting IUPUI & WIU to both hold the home court against Ft Wayne If the Coyotes win both of the road games, they will deserve the #1 seed. The WBB should offer one the best tourneys since earlier days when Oakland and ORU fielded strong teams.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Best case scenario, IMO, is the Jacks get the 4-5 seed, play Denver, and watch Omaha-IPFW duel it out in the 3-6 matchup.

In this scenario, USD is the #1 and NDSU is the #2. Wouldn't mind a rematch with USD in the semi's and seeing NDSU face Omaha or IPFW.

I just worry that facing one of Omaha/IPFW will really tax our team, i.e Daum, and make it tough to win 3 straight. This will definitely be a interesting week. Can't wait for the huge blue crowd to show up in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                    Best case scenario, IMO, is the Jacks get the 4-5 seed, play Denver, and watch Omaha-IPFW duel it out in the 3-6 matchup.

In this scenario, USD is the #1 and NDSU is the #2. Wouldn't mind a rematch with USD in the semi's and seeing NDSU face Omaha or IPFW.

I just worry that facing one of Omaha/IPFW will really tax our team, i.e Daum, and make it tough to win 3 straight. This will definitely be a interesting week. Can't wait for the huge blue crowd to show up in 2 weeks.
                    A huge blue crowd would be nice to see on Senior Day Saturday! Hess could be getting a few trips on the court this week. It would be great to see the home winning streak go into 2017-18!
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

If the Jacks are going to end up playing Denver in the opening round in Sioux Falls, it would be much more likely be in the 3-6 game rather than the 4-5. Denver would really have to screw up and go 0-2 this week to not get the 3 seed.

Comment

Maybe I'm just early but today I logged into Ticketmaster to make sure my all-session passes for this years SLT were available to print and I found nothing. There was no evidence that I had even purchased any (I bought the two year seats for 16/17). With the event being less than two weeks away that worried me a little. I realize I'm most likely looking in the wrong place or just a week early, but don't want to wait until the last minute if there is an issue. Do any of you see anything in your accounts? Perhaps the tickets get emailed from the SFSA - I forgot how it works.

Comment

I printed mine 2 or 3 months ago.It looks like I printed them through Ticketmaster. I would check with the Sioux Falls Sports Authority if you can't find them on Ticketmaster. - that's who the renewals for 18/19 went through.

Comment

I checked and I received an email from Ticketmaster in mid-October that had the tickets attached to print.

Comment

Inhad mine cone by regular mail and got them last fall sometime. I have 8 seats and thats way too much for me too print and try to keep track of. I requested regular mail for the next 2 years even though it wasnt an option.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

By the way, I finally saw a credit card charge for the 2018/19 tickets yesterday. I did not get contacted about moving lower so I guess I'm staying put.

Comment

Working...
                                X