Vote for Jack!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Jack!

Remember to vote for Jack today versus Charlie in the Summit League mascot madness. Go to the gojacks Twitter page for links and directions

Re: Vote for Jack!

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Remember to vote for Jack today versus Charlie in the Summit League mascot madness. Go to the gojacks Twitter page for links and directions
    Get the vote out.....this is life or death people!!
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

What I'm seeing as of 12:01 p.m., the vote appears over and in favor of Jack!!!

Jack 51%
      Charlie 49%

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        What I'm seeing as of 12:01 p.m., the vote appears over and in favor of Jack!!!

Jack 51%
        Charlie 49%
        That was just the Twitter poll. You could vote on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Congrats on the win!

Comment

I look forward to the day when the mascot "polls" die out entirely. Waste of time. The person who gets the bright idea of doing another mascot poll needs to find something else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I look forward to the day when the mascot "polls" die out entirely. Waste of time. The person who gets the bright idea of doing another mascot poll needs to find something else to do.
            If an enforced one, vote one person rule could be applied, then these things might mean something, but this multi-voting is a sham.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              If an enforced one, vote one person rule could be applied, then these things might mean something, but this multi-voting is a sham.
              As one who manages social media outlets as a part of my job I can say, "it's all about the clicks" and online "polls" are an easy way to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                As one who manages social media outlets as a part of my job I can say, "it's all about the clicks" and online "polls" are an easy way to get them.
                I certainly dont like to attack a means of earning a honest living, but these things bother me. Politics are not allowed here so I will say no more.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Won't there be a day when managers of social media outlets realize that when internet users get junk, they'll filter out the junk providers? There have been many occasions when I have received too much worthless junk from otherwise legitimate parties and I block the legitimate party. Then, none of their stuff gets through. Example: local Chamber of Commerce apparently hired someone who justifies their employment by reporting on the number of "touches" they have with members. They don't "touch" me anymore and now I'm starting to question why my office belongs to an organization that seems to be bordering on just a source of irritation. Now their social media, email etc. seems counterproductive, doesn't it? I understand the concept of "its all about the clicks" but there's a downside (and I think a growing downside).

Added: I must be grouchy. I just returned from staring at a lake in far-north Minnesota...I think I needed a few more days being out of touch.
                  Last edited by JackJD; 08-05-2016, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I think this is the first time the Summit League has done it (at least recently). When something as simple as that gets 17,000 engagements for the Summit League's social media pages I think we'd all agree it's not a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X