• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• krak-r-jacks
    replied
    Re: Summit League Post-Season

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    Florida Gulf Coast is a really solid team. One of their best players got hurt in the early/middle part of the season and came back towards the end. They have a better argument to be in the NCAA Tournament than USD. I guessing there admin put in the same type of bid as USD if not a better bid. I would rather play Michigan over them even if it was on the road. Regardless they have to get by a tough Oregon team tonight.
    according to the FGC roster, they have one gal over 6' and she is listed at 6'3". should be interesting to see how they handle michigan's freshman hallie thome. she is a good one, although, susceptible to foul trouble from a few of the games i have watched. i noticed FGC is second in DI in defense allowing 49.1 ppg. FGC must really get after it.

as far as bidding, as stated in an earlier post, initial bids for semifinal and championship games had to be in by Feb 29. does the wnit allow for adjustments as long as you keep winning? i have no idea how that works. if so, i would have a difficult time believing a school like michigan would allow the championship game being played on the road-----provided michigan wins. i could be wrong, though.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
    FGCU is hosting Michigan, so I would think it would be easier to host if Michigan won.
    Great point, I hadn't looked at the updated bracket after the last games to see FGCU was hosting. Just assumed that since Michigan hosted all previous rounds they would be doing so again.

My bad.

Leave a comment:

• JacksFTW
    replied

FGCU is hosting Michigan, so I would think it would be easier to host if Michigan won.

Leave a comment:

• SanDakotaState
    replied

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    Guessing Yote fans should be pulling for FGC on the other side of the bracket. Likely a better chance at outbidding them rather than going up against Michigan's deeper pockets.
    Florida Gulf Coast is a really solid team. One of their best players got hurt in the early/middle part of the season and came back towards the end. They have a better argument to be in the NCAA Tournament than USD. I guessing there admin put in the same type of bid as USD if not a better bid. I would rather play Michigan over them even if it was on the road. Regardless they have to get by a tough Oregon team tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Guessing Yote fans should be pulling for FGC on the other side of the bracket. Likely a better chance at outbidding them rather than going up against Michigan's deeper pockets.

Leave a comment:

• krak-r-jacks
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Easy way to figure it.They'll either take $31,000 minimum or, if the gate is greater than that ,they'll take the 85% of the gate,whatever it is, as long as it's more than the $31,000,this is considered the minimum acceptable bid.

Like all bidding processes,your bid has to be greater than everyone else's,so if someone wants to BUY hosting the Championship game,there's nothing stopping them from doing so. How soon after the semi finals are the bids accepted for the Championship game, and how long do you have to submit the bid I wonder,if anyone knows.
    i went to the WNIT site and noticed on the form it stated for the semifinal and championship rounds, initial bids must be submitted by Feb. 29, 2016.

Leave a comment:

• yoteforever
    replied

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    My guess is that in the above situation, the WNIT cut would be the greater of 85% of the gate or $31,000, which at $20 per ticket would require about 1820 tickets sold to cover the guarantee.
    This

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    My guess is that in the above situation, the WNIT cut would be the greater of 85% of the gate or $31,000, which at $20 per ticket would require about 1820 tickets sold to cover the guarantee.
    Easy way to figure it.They'll either take $31,000 minimum or, if the gate is greater than that ,they'll take the 85% of the gate,whatever it is, as long as it's more than the $31,000,this is considered the minimum acceptable bid.

Like all bidding processes,your bid has to be greater than everyone else's,so if someone wants to BUY hosting the Championship game,there's nothing stopping them from doing so. How soon after the semi finals are the bids accepted for the Championship game, and how long do you have to submit the bid I wonder,if anyone knows.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-29-2016, 08:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• hareball
    replied

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    On the USD board there is a link to an article that details what Florida Gulf Coast bid to host. They bid just over $31,000 for the Elite 8 game, plus the WNIT gets 85% of the gate and the host keeps 15%. If you charge $25 a ticket, you would need to draw nearly 8300 to break even, not taking into account the other costs associated with hosting. At $30 a ticket, you would need to draw just under 7000.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

On the USD board there is a link to an article that details what Florida Gulf Coast bid to host. They bid just over $31,000 for the Elite 8 game, plus the WNIT gets 85% of the gate and the host keeps 15%. If you charge $25 a ticket, you would need to draw nearly 8300 to break even, not taking into account the other costs associated with hosting. At $30 a ticket, you would need to draw just under 7000.
    My understanding is similar. It's a money loser at the gate in most instances. Don't quote me but I believe SDSU lost money on the games they've hosted in the WNIT.

That doesn't mean it isn't worth it. I think it absolutely is worth hosting. Jacks just couldn't match UTEP in the final 4 in 2014 or Wyoming in the elite 8 in 2007.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Is the 85% to be included in the bid or in addition to the bid?

Leave a comment:

• JackJD
    replied

My guess is many schools will take into consideration the "advertising and promotional value" from a deep run in the WNIT. The right kind of press is worth a lot of money and sometimes the payoff from games played can extend a ways into the future.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I do, I know several people in the front office. Not sure if this info is available to the public. I shall inquire.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    Isn't there someone on the board who knows someone @ Triple Crown Sports?
    I do, I know several people in the front office. Not sure if this info is available to the public. I shall inquire.

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
    my buddy told me minimum guaranteed revenue to the wnit is the following: semifinal is $15,000 and for the championship is $25,000. i've never done any research on it, so, i'll take his word.
    Isn't there someone on the board who knows someone @ Triple Crown Sports?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X