Womens basketball Bracketology 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Womens basketball Bracketology 2016

According to Charlie Creme,both the Jacks and the Yotes will not make it to the NCAA Tournament this year ,in his latest picks ,ORU is his pick,matching up as a 16 seed and facing a number one seeded Baylor. I kind of doubt both the Jacks and Yotes would be upset in the SLT. I wonder how he made that decision?

link:http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology

Re: Womens basketball Bracketology 2016

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    According to Charlie Creme,both the Jacks and the Yotes will not make it to the NCAA Tournament this year ,in his latest picks ,ORU is his pick,matching up as a 16 seed and facing a number one seeded Baylor. I kind of doubt both the Jacks and Yotes would be upset in the SLT. I wonder how he made that decision?

link:http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology
    That bracket was from the 25th. ORU beat the yotes so he had them as the Summit League auto bid. Creme's next bracketology will probably USD as a 14/13 seed because of there win at SDSU.

Comment

I could just see them getting screwed out of the Sioux Falls region by the NCAA, especially the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
        I could just see them getting screwed out of the Sioux Falls region by the NCAA, especially the Jacks.
        I can virtually guarantee (upwards of 95% probablility) that SDSU (or USD, if they win the SL) will NOT be bracketed into the SF region. That kind of thing happens to Gonzaga, who has name recognition (due to the men's BB team). Unless SDSU makes a deep run (like Sweet 16) in the WBB tournament (or if they'd actually beaten Notre Dame AND Maryland this year), they'll get shipped out to some other region. I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised, though.

ORU on the other hand, might get bracketed into the SF region. Their chances of winning a first round game are, IMHO, nil however. IUPUI might be able to sneak a first-round win, if all the planets align exactly right, the perfect storm of bad things happen to the higher seed and good things happen to the Jags, but it's not at all likely. SDSU is probably most capable of winning a first-round game (again), and if Seekamp goes off for USD they could stun somebody too.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

If we get a # 12 seed and play a #5 in the first round (probably one of the top ranked teams ranked from #17 thru #20)we would be quite capable of winning that match up,we would then face a #4 seed (probably ranked teams 12-16). A little tougher (them playing close to home,or on their home court) but we are still capable of winning that too I think.
          The 5 vs 12 and 4 vs 13 pod is the weakest seeded pod and the best chance to make the sweet 16 IMO. Gonzaga did it last year winning against the same OSU team we played and which was also played on OSU'S home court. Gonzaga was very underrated last year , and could of advanced to the E-8 had they been able to finish off Tenn after they had them on the ropes until the very end.

There are better seeds for winning a first round game,but then you usually have to play the #3,#2 OR#1 on their home court to advance to the sweet 16 and the regional. If not Sioux Falls ,I'd wish we'd some how luckily get put into the weakest region,if there is such a thing.

Before we worry about any of this,it all becomes a mute issue if we don't get to the Dance somehow, preferably winning the SLT. That's the main goal for now.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-30-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

USD listed as a 13 seed (conference leader at this point) while SDSU is "Next Four Out".

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...l/bracketology

I think if SDSU wins out and end up losing in the championship game to USD, they could get an at-large bid if some things go there way.

Comment

If SDSU can steal the USD game at Vermillion, and no other losses, IMHO Jacks would have a decent shot at an at-large if lose in title game to USD. But REALLY need to be undefeated rest of way until the title game.

USD, however, cannot reverse this scenario. With two bad losses, plus their weaker SOS, they're toast unless win the Summit League Tourney title.

Comment

So do the Jacks get placed in the Sioux Falls regional? What seed will they get? I'm thinking 12-13 range.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  So do the Jacks get placed in the Sioux Falls regional? What seed will they get? I'm thinking 12-13 range.
                  If the NCAA wants to showcase a huge crowd on television they will put them in Sioux Falls. If they want to be fair to the highest seeds, there is no way they can do it. I'd love to see the turnout for that pod with the Jacks in it, but I just can't imagine them doing it.
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Latest projection (4 hrs ago) had USD as a 13 playing #4 Stanford...on the Cardinal home floor.

Edited: Because I can't read.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      If the NCAA wants to showcase a huge crowd on television they will put them in Sioux Falls. If they want to be fair to the highest seeds, there is no way they can do it. I'd love to see the turnout for that pod with the Jacks in it, but I just can't imagine them doing it.
                      Isn't it a regional in Sioux Falls? Meaning they'd have to make the sweet 16?

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        Latest projection (4 hrs ago) had USD as a 13 playing #4 Stanford...on the Cardinal home floor.

Edited: Because I can't read.
                        Even though they beat us twice our resume is better than USD's. We deserve no worse than a 12 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          Isn't it a regional in Sioux Falls? Meaning they'd have to make the sweet 16?
                          Right,top 4 seeds basically have the rd of 64 and the rd of 32 at home (close to it anyway).That's probably the top 16 teams in the rankings....there about,depending how the selection committee does the seeding.Then it's on to the four regional sites for the sweet 16 and elite 8 games,these winners travel to the final four and Championship site.We could only play in Sioux Falls if we were assigned to the Sioux Falls regional,and we made it to the sweet 16.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            That's the best pod to avoid playing a really high seed early,I'm talking a 1,2,or 3 seed.Would still have to beat the #'s 4 & 5 seeds however to make the sweet 16. 3/4 of all the teams in the tournament have to play these high seeds early,only 1/4 of the teams are in this 4 vs 13 and 12 vs 5 pod.12 is better than 13,in that the first game is a neutral floor to both teams.Seeds 8,9,10,and 11 are all good for the first game,but bad after the first game,especially the 8 &9 winner,has to play the #1 seed their next game.11 is the best of this bunch.

Comment

charlie creme has sdsu #13 playing #4 texas a&m at college station.

Comment

Working...
                              X