Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ndsu wbb controversy, re: holly johnson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ndsu wbb controversy, re: holly johnson...

http://www.inforum.com/sports/393442...g-fully-healed

jack michaels stated that he has known the johnson family since she was a sophomore in hs. said it is a very unfortunate deal for the program. also stated she has had interest from other Summit schools, Big Sky, and Big 12. sounds like she knows where she is going, but, that information is not available at this time. holly was interviewed by jack for a short period. holly is/was not happy with ndsu, but, is ready to move on.

Re: ndsu wbb controversy, re: holly johnson...

The most interesting part to me:

“I want to thank everybody who has supported me at NDSU,” she said, “.... ultimately I want to finish my career at the Division I level, and I am interested in staying in the area.”

I wonder where that would be? I'm sure coming to SDSU would be a nice way for her to stick it to her old coach if she really is looking to go that route. I believe that we are at 14 schollies for next year so we would have one open for her (someone can confirm if I'm wrong or not). I certainly don't think adding depth to our 4/5 rotation, even if it's only for a year, is necessarily a bad thing. She has always played very well against us so it seems she can play.

That being said, maybe she plans to go a little further north than Fargo... I guess it depends on what her masters degree in exercise science from. I know SDSU offers that...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      The most interesting part to me:

“I want to thank everybody who has supported me at NDSU,” she said, “.... ultimately I want to finish my career at the Division I level, and I am interested in staying in the area.”

I wonder where that would be? I'm sure coming to SDSU would be a nice way for her to stick it to her old coach if she really is looking to go that route. I believe that we are at 14 schollies for next year so we would have one open for her (someone can confirm if I'm wrong or not). I certainly don't think adding depth to our 4/5 rotation, even if it's only for a year, is necessarily a bad thing. She has always played very well against us so it seems she can play.

That being said, maybe she plans to go a little further north than Fargo... I guess it depends on what her masters degree in exercise science from. I know SDSU offers that...
      Dom Izzo said he has heard from 2 sources that she is leaning to go to UND.
      https://t.co/T3ENa0vvzu

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Dom Izzo said he has heard from 2 sources that she is leaning to go to UND.
        https://t.co/T3ENa0vvzu
        Not surprising it's not us, not the type of move AJ typically makes. Wonder if UND/NDSU are set to play next year. Would be entertaining to see if Holly does indeed choose UND.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          Not surprising it's not us, not the type of move AJ typically makes. Wonder if UND/NDSU are set to play next year. Would be entertaining to see if Holly does indeed choose UND.
          I am pretty sure and it would be in Fargo.

Comment

Working...
          X