Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015-2016 Road to Sioux Falls

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    Did they ever say the specifics of Paul Miller's injury (ACL/MCL, Sprain, etc...). I'm remembering correctly that it was a knee, right?
    Kolpack just said today that it was an MCL injury.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      I believe Keaton Moffitt was scheduled to have his knee examined yesterday. Has anyone heard what the extent of the injury is ? Hopefully it is not season ending. It was encouraging to see Tevin King play his best game in awhile on Saturday. He will be getting bigger minutes if Moffitt is not available.
      Nagy said they hope to have Moffitt back for tomorrow. If he doesn't play against the Bison, I expect him to play against ORU on Saturday.

Around the 3 minutes mark is where Nagy makes the comment.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        Nagy said they hope to have Moffitt back for tomorrow. If he doesn't play against the Bison, I expect him to play against ORU on Saturday.

Thankfully that means there must not have been any structural damage to the knee. Good that can maybe get some minutes on Senior Day. If they can get by without having to play him much this week, he will then have a full week to get ready for Sioux Falls.

Comment

Does Nagy start all seniors on Senior Day?
          Nothing better than "motorboating" the Gophers!

Comment

Shoot, why did i think keeton was just a junior? Well that changes my views of our depth for next year.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldCountryJack View Post
              Isn't that more of a high school tradition.?

Comment

Given the fact few schools probably have 5 seniors on the roster, it's probably limited. Jacks have 5 seniors on the roster this year so I'm wondering if he would put Jacobsen into the starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post

That is great news. I think Moffitt's role is one of the least appreciated (by casual fans) of anyone on the team. Winning three games in four days without your primary backup guard is a tall task.

Comment

Given the fact few schools probably have 5 seniors on the roster, it's probably limited. Jacks have 5 seniors on the roster this year so I'm wondering if he would put Jacobsen into the starting lineup.
                    I doubt it. Jacobson will get into the game at some point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      That is great news. I think Moffitt's role is one of the least appreciated (by casual fans) of anyone on the team. Winning three games in four days without your primary backup guard is a tall task.
                      I know Nagy has called him their best perimeter defender as well.

They'll need him especially against guard dominated teams like Omaha in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        I know Nagy has called him their best perimeter defender as well.

They'll need him especially against guard dominated teams like Omaha in Sioux Falls.
                        Keaton is a tough kid who will do what it takes to win and whatever needs to be done he does. I really like that about him. And the mere fact he played for two years without a scholarship, gives him rep points in my book.

Comment

Unlikely because you'd start 5 guards. Unless he did it for a couple possessions. I also think it drops the intensity to start the game. SDSU needs to play well going into the tourney.
                          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Big day. This might be the only day so far where there are four games for each MBB and WBB.

WBB:

SDSU @ IUPUI is clearly the game of the day. IUPUI was extremely close to beating SDSU (without Ober) in Brookings. They still have an outside chance (way outside) of catching the Jacks in the standings. They have a much more likely shot of falling to fourth. ORU has the tiebreaker over IUPUI. Meanwhile, IUPUI has SDSU and USD. If we are going to be #2, we want to see IUPUI fall to #4.

MBB:

USD @ IUPUI: USD can secure a place in the tournament by winning on the road tonight. It won't be easy at IUPUI.

ORU @ UNO: Omaha is fighting to stay in the top-3 with IUPUI right behind them. If I'm not mistaken, IUPUI would have a tiebreaker over Omaha due to a win over FW.

NDSU @ SDSU: This is more of a "momentum" game than a standings-shaker. SDSU can lock up a top-2 finish with a win. NDSU is probably stuck with 4/5 either way.

FW @ WIU: I'm not expecting it, but if WIU was ever going to have a fight-for-your-life game, now is the time. They are officially out if they lose tonight.

Comment

I seem to remember starting all the seniors on the roster at some point in DII. I could be wrong, and if it happened it may have been a result of strange circumstance.
                              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                Big day. This might be the only day so far where there are four games for each MBB and WBB.

WBB:

SDSU @ IUPUI is clearly the game of the day. IUPUI was extremely close to beating SDSU (without Ober) in Brookings. They still have an outside chance (way outside) of catching the Jacks in the standings...
                                If IUPUI wins tonight, it gets REAL interesting (for the #2 seed). Yes, IUPUI would still need to beat USD and the Jacks would still need to lose to Western...but I can't imagine USD playing with 100% intensity vs. IUPUI knowing the #1 seed would be locked up. I'd just as soon the Jacks take care of business tonight...
                                "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Working...
                                X