Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit League OOC 2015

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Obviously the Gophers were already looking ahead to their matchup on Tuesday. Nice win for USD and the Summit League.
    Obviously. Had they not scheduled you Tuesday we would've got beat. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
      Not taking anything away from USD's overtime win against Drake but Green Bay just beat Drake on the road by 25.

SDSU better wake up for these next couple of games.
      Not to take anything away from SDSU's 10 point win vs Portland State, but the Coyotes beat them by 42.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        Not to take anything away from SDSU's 10 point win vs Portland State, but the Coyotes beat them by 42.
        I think someone said coming in we were favored to beat them by 43. Twas an ugly game. We've been in a little funk since the Virgin Island trip, for sure.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Glad you appreciate us for softening them up for you.

Comment

Not taking anything away from USD's overtime win against Drake but Green Bay just beat Drake on the road by 25.

SDSU better wake up for these next couple of games.
            There are 5 OOC games remaining. Earlier some had thought we would be fortunate to see the WBB go 9-4. Green Bay also was beaten by Virginia and Rutgers in the Paradise Jam. They lost both of those games when the opponent turned up the physical play. You might question their ability as well. DePaul will bring even greater talent to Frost than USD might muster when that day arrives. It was a change of pace for the schedule to bring Portland St and UNC to Frost. I would guess that the Jackrabbits are going to be able to dial up the level of play when it is needed as the tougher teams line up. It is a bit early to think the hair is on fire after a couple of ho hum victories where the women run up 20 point leads and watched the lead shrink. UNI is the next team that should be easily dispatched even though they beat the yotes before Seekamp was able to play. If they lose to the Panthers, I will start getting concerned about the focus of the team and hope that the coaching staff will get things turned around to the level of ability that fans believe is on this team. What do you think the over/under will be for the combined made 3 point shots for UNI/SDSU? I would put the number at 23. I would also pick over.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Cool story. The Jacks were up by 20 in the 2nd quarter but then decided to go 0-20 or something like that to open up the 3rd quarter.

SDSU has been pretty lackadaisical the past couple of games. My statement was towards SDSU getting out of their funk that they are in since coming back from the Virgin Islands or they will get beat pretty soundly when they play DePaul and then go to Green Bay. It was also about how Green Bay will be one tough game.

No clue what you are trying to "prove" by saying the the yotes won a game that they should unlike the UNI and Utah game even without Seekamp.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Glad you appreciate us for softening them up for you.
                Oh I do...thanks again. 😃

Comment

Cool story. The Jacks were up by 20 in the 2nd quarter but then decided to go 0-20 or something like that to open up the 3rd quarter.

SDSU has been pretty lackadaisical the past couple of games. My statement was towards SDSU getting out of their funk that they are in since coming back from the Virgin Islands or they will get beat pretty soundly when they play DePaul and then go to Green Bay. It was also about how Green Bay will be one tough game.

No clue what you are trying to "prove" by saying the the yotes won a game that they should unlike the UNI and Utah game even without Seekamp.
                  Maybe team will realize their are higher percentage shots than just jacking up 3's all game long.

Comment

I love the USD fans! Even when they have a big win one of them has to bring up SDSU. We are living so rent free in their heads it's awesome!!

That being said it is nice to see some Summit teams on the women's side winning OOC games for a change. I honestly think for us as a program to really take the next step forward, this league needs to be well thought of and be something players want to be a part of playing in. Too many programs in it right now that bring nothing to the table.

On the men's side this has maybe been the best the conference has represented. Should be an interesting conference season!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      On the men's side this has maybe been the best the conference has represented. Should be an interesting conference season!
                      It does seem that there are more noteworthy wins than a normal year, which should pay off if one of the top teams emerges from Sioux Falls with the tournament championship. No team is going to blaze through the Summit schedule without a at least a couple of losses.

Remember that UNO only lost to Minnesota by 3 points. They're an example of a team that can have a hot shooting night and pull off some upsets.

Comment

I love the USD fans! Even when they have a big win one of them has to bring up SDSU. We are living so rent free in their heads it's awesome!!

That being said it is nice to see some Summit teams on the women's side winning OOC games for a change. I honestly think for us as a program to really take the next step forward, this league needs to be well thought of and be something players want to be a part of playing in. Too many programs in it right now that bring nothing to the table.

You have to live rent free, that's about all you can pay with a degree from SDSU. 👍

Now on the serious side, JackJD would call me out for a post like this. I'm fairly certain you read all the posts leading up to mine, and in doing so, about 5-6 posters mentioned USD or the Coyotes ( that's USD ) in their posts whether they be serious or smackish. So I guess by your standards we live rent free in your heads as well?

I have, and will continue to wish for success in all your programs as well as ours. It's good for the state of SD, it's good for the series between us. If we beat Minnesota and you beat us, that's good for you. If you beat a power 5 school, and we beat you, that's good for us. And if we both beat top division teams along with others in our league, that's good for all of us. It might mean getting two teams in the March Madness.

Many on here have blue colored glasses and want USD to lose every game we play, and we have many that wear red colored glasses that want you to lose every game. I don't see it that way. The fact you went D1 first was a very good decision, and we have been behind the 8 ball for some time, but other than football, we have pulled even in terms of direct competition. And the gap in football has narrowed, but until we win, it's your trophy. Winning programs at both schools would be beneficial to all.

Comment

IUPUI is the only men's team that is not .500 or better. They are 3-6 and they have a tough OOC scheduled. 49-20 is a respectable record at this point. There are some cupcake wins there, but there are many quality wins as well. The conference race will be more competitive this season. 4 losses would be expected for the winner again this year.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Remember that UNO only lost to Minnesota by 3 points. They're an example of a team that can have a hot shooting night and pull off some upsets.
                            And they beat a UMKC team that beat us. I'm looking forward to conference play to see how this shakes out.

Comment

And they beat a UMKC team that beat us. I'm looking forward to conference play to see how this shakes out.

And they will be playing in the Summit Tourney this year, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                                And they will be playing in the Summit Tourney this year, correct?
                                UNO has completed the transition to D-I, and will be eligible to participate at the Summit Tourney this year.

Due to IPFW probation, IPFW will NOT be at the Falls this year. So, all Summit Teams not named IPFW will be in the tourney.

Comment

Working...
                                X