Summit Transfers 2015-16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Transfers 2015-16

IUPUI will have 4 of their transfers from D1 schools last year become eligible this next season. There will be 3 players that came from Loyola of Chicago. It appears Coach Gardner had some familiarity with those players prior to their Loyola days. Also, the transfer from Eastern Michigan will be ready to play this year as well. Gardner is also adding 4 freshmen to the squad which might continue to find more wins for the Jags going forward. IUPUI will have a transfer from Syracuse join the team. I would expect Ron Patterson will need a year to redshirt.

The Mastodons added 6'9" Racine Talla JUCO who will have 3 years to play. They also add 6'10" 270# Andrew Poulter. He played 1 year at UALR and 1 year at Western Tech and he will have 2 years eligibility. DeAngelo Stewart is another JUCO who will have 2 years to play. He is 6'6" guard originally from Detroit.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: Summit Transfers 2015-16

UNO brings in 6'2" JUCO guard TRA-DEON HOLLINS who averaged 6.6 assists last year. They have another transfer from Holly Cross who is a 6'8" forward Mitchell Hahn who sill redshirt a year.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      IUPUI will have 4 of their transfers from D1 schools last year become eligible this next season. There will be 3 players that came from Loyola of Chicago. It appears Coach Gardner had some familiarity with those players prior to their Loyola days. Also, the transfer from Eastern Michigan will be ready to play this year as well. Gardner is also adding 4 freshmen to the squad which might continue to find more wins for the Jags going forward. IUPUI will have a transfer from Syracuse join the team. I would expect Ron Patterson will need a year to redshirt.

The Mastodons added 6'9" Racine Talla JUCO who will have 3 years to play. They also add 6'10" 270# Andrew Poulter. He played 1 year at UALR and 1 year at Western Tech and he will have 2 years eligibility. DeAngelo Stewart is another JUCO who will have 2 years to play. He is 6'6" guard originally from Detroit.
      Definitely talent. Can this coach molded them together to be a contender.?

Comment

ORU women have Oklahoma State transfer Lakota Beatty(5'8" guard) join the Golden Eagles. She will redshirt 2015-16 and watch her younger sister Ashley Beatty join ORU as a freshman. Lakota started 8 games as a sophomore for OSU. ORU also has an Arkansas transfer, Bria Pitts, available at the end of the first semester. Pitts(5'8" guard) is an Oklahoma native. ORU has Hungarian Fruzsina Fejes at 6'4" coming in as a freshman to fill in for McIntyre.

Comment

Sophomore Xzavier Taylor is transferring from Bradley to the Mastodons. He is a 6'9" 241# forward. He will be available for the 2016-17 season.

Comment

Bryson Scott(Purdue) is also transferring into Ft Wayne. He is a sophomore guard originating from Ft Wayne. He will be eligible in 2016-17 as well.
            Last edited by OldHare; 06-30-2015, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              Bryson Scott is also transferring into Ft Wayne. He is a sophomore guard originating from Ft Wayne. He will be eligible in 2016-17 as well.
              Wow, with all these new players, maybe IUPUI and IPFW will draw more than 500 fans per game. Probably not.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Wow, with all these new players, maybe IUPUI and IPFW will draw more than 500 fans per game. Probably not.
                IUPUI worst atmosphere I've seen in my seventy years. Worse than UMKC, worse than WIU-- a place where I had to ask five students before anyone could tell me where Western Hall was. Infinitely worse than Lindenwood. Worse than my dim memories of Huron College when I was in grade school in the fifties.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                  IUPUI worst atmosphere I've seen in my seventy years. Worse than UMKC, worse than WIU-- a place where I had to ask five students before anyone could tell me where Western Hall was. Infinitely worse than Lindenwood. Worse than my dim memories of Huron College when I was in grade school in the fifties.
                  Why have those who have voice in this matter voted to set up an athletic department for a student body that is made up of number of adults over 30 who commute to campus to finish up a degree program and could care less about some basketball team. Seem like a big waste. I suspect the SL would fold if not for the commuter schools though so getting a crowd over 500 will most likely be goal for some time.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 06-30-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Why have those who have voice in this matter voted to set up an athletic department for a student body that is made up of number of adults over 30 who commute to campus to finish up a degree program and could care less about some basketball team. Seem like a big waste. I suspect the SL would fold if not for the commuter schools though so getting a crowd over 500 will most likely be goal for some time.

IUPUI is not a non-traditional student degree completion institution, in fact it is the most prestigious public university in Summit league. It has over 30,000 students, 22,000 undergrads of which about 4000 are freshmen with an average age of 19. One measure of the prestige of a university is its spending on research. IUPUI ranks number 70 nationally according to NSF, NDSU is number 122, SDSU 177, USD 225, UNO 334, WIU 523 AND IPFW 643. As to the privates, Denver is 270 and ORU is unranked because they do not accept funds. If you use a broader evaluation criteria, Denver would move up in terms of respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                      IUPUI is not a non-traditional student degree completion institution, in fact it is the most prestigious public university in Summit league. It has over 30,000 students, 22,000 undergrads of which about 4000 are freshmen with an average age of 19. One measure of the prestige of a university is its spending on research. IUPUI ranks number 70 nationally according to NSF, NDSU is number 122, SDSU 177, USD 225, UNO 334, WIU 523 AND IPFW 643. As to the privates, Denver is 270 and ORU is unranked because they do not accept funds. If you use a broader evaluation criteria, Denver would move up in terms of respect.
                      For all that prestige, they draw only 500? Please explain the fervor for athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                        m
                        Have a masters from Georgia State. Best school I attended but I never went to a basketball game in the 2.5 years I was there. Got another masters from Oklahoma, and in the late sixties (John McLeod was coach) the experience was awful. Thousand fans rattling around an ancient gym. Obviously things got much better there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          For all that prestige, they draw only 500? Please explain the fervor for athletics.
                          The connection with the campus between large metro areas like Indianapolis is extremely thin, and the opportunities for sports vastly larger. Omaha has struggled with this for years, even though they are a little better now. UMKC did no better. It is a whole different opportunity in an area like ours, where options are less, and connection with the universities is closer. And then, there is of course, no better fan base than the Yellow and Blue!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            The connection with the campus between large metro areas like Indianapolis is extremely thin, and the opportunities for sports vastly larger. Omaha has struggled with this for years, even though they are a little better now. UMKC did no better. It is a whole different opportunity in an area like ours, where options are less, and connection with the universities is closer. And then, there is of course, no better fan base than the Yellow and Blue!!!
                            Tell me about UNO, several years ago, a rare NCC bb game on a Tuesday Night, UNO vs USD. I drove around and around that field house for parking and finally found a spot. Inside I expected a crowd, but there was none. There were however night students attending class. When the game was over, the parking lot was empty. Yes I know about more opportunities in the metro areas. That is why there are activity fees, which are a huge subsidy for IUPUI, Fort Wayne and other commuter schools. One of these days.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                              This is exactly right. Wichita (metro population 650,000) pays very little attention to anything WSU does other than men's basketball. Personally, I prefer a "college town" like Brookings where the university is a central focus of the community. What surprises me sometimes is that there are student athletes who choose those sterile environments over a "real" college experience.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X