Summit Tourney WBB (non-SDSU games)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Tourney WBB (non-SDSU games)

IPFW playing tough against USD. As the Dons played in FW, they're close. Be interesting if they can get over the Summit League leader. At half, Dons go to lockerroom up one, 34-33.

Re: Summit Tourney WBB (non-SDSU games)

Which team is the #1 seed again? USD looks about as sharp as they did a week ago against WIU.

Afraid FW did not do enough damage while USD was shooting like garbage. The do still have the lead, however. Maybe they can hang in there.

I think this opening game is a sign of unexpected things to come over the next four days.

Comment

WOW! if that isn't one of the best floors in the country for watching a basketball game! i am watching on espn3 and what a pleasure to see. only Summit League/Sioux Falls center court markings, LIGHT colored court with contrasting out-of-bounds area. something i have always agreed on with Bob Knight. he did not like a court with all kinds of markings all over it---he wanted plain court (i assume he was talking advertising, or, in the case of Oregon---all those stinking trees outlined over the whole court-just plain nasty). Summit court gets rave reviews from me!

Comment

USD comes out and nails like 4 3's in a row. At the under 16 TO, USD up 49-37. Neither team trying to go inside.

Comment

Scrappy Dons are back and tied with Yotes with 5 min to go. Dons are closing off, stealing the lane passes. Really good tight game. Hope Jacks/Pioneers isn't like this.

Comment

I once saw an interview with Chris Paul where expressed difficulty explaining to his team about losing close games. I ca tell him, have your girls play defense at the end of a game...

Comment

Chris Paul, had a poor game plan at the end. The refs were atrocious!

Comment

IPFW fouling to try to win. USD, a great FT team, is pulling away. Up 8 with 16.4 sec left after Seekamp nails 2 FT. 78-70.

Comment

For the record the new venue is WAY louder!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    That's unfortunate for the teams playing SDSU.

Good game by IPFW. They gave themselves a chance at end. If they could only rebound.......

Comment

Yes plenty of noise potential in here. Pretty loud when only 1/3 of the people are cheering. It will rock tonight if the Jacks are playing well.

Comment

Have to better than the 1st half of the women's game. USED fans were way louder and more into it.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                          I disagree. Maybe it is because both Jacks games were somewhat sleepers, but the noise in the old arena was louder in my opinion as the fans were more on top of the court. Coach Nagy said as much in the post game as well.

With that said, I'll hold onto the right to change my mind after the upcoming games. With that many more people in the building, I assume it's going to get very loud during a closely contested game.

Finally, aside from the sound, the new facility is absolutely fantastic. No comparison to years past at the old arena as far as big time feel, fan amenities, and production value. They hit a home run and I honestly don't ever envision the SL tourney leaving that facility.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                            I disagree. Maybe it is because both Jacks games were somewhat sleepers, but the noise in the old arena was louder in my opinion as the fans were more on top of the court. Coach Nagy said as much in the post game as well.

With that said, I'll hold onto the right to change my mind after the upcoming games. With that many more people in the building, I assume it's going to get very loud during a closely contested game.

Finally, aside from the sound, the new facility is absolutely fantastic. No comparison to years past at the old arena as far as big time feel, fan amenities, and production value. They hit a home run and I honestly don't ever envision the SL tourney leaving that facility.
                            I'm with you on the noise. There were times in the Arena when it got so loud that it hurt your ears. I didn't think it ever got close to that level yesterday. The one thing I don't like about the new facility is the restroom situation. I've never stood in lines for the men's room that long so many times in my life.

Comment

Summit Tourney WBB (non-SDSU games)

All I know is that that small section of USD fans got that place about as loud as any point in the SDSU men's game. Granted, most of that had to do with the game situation. Them women's game was just flat from start to finish and the men's was over within 3:00

I have to give the USD fans and (especially their band/students) credit for making some noise. The SDSU student section was quite depressing after seeing how USD's group represented. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X