Marshall- SDSU
    Parks- SDSU
    Jacobson- NDSU
    Burnette- USD
    Landis- IPFW

Re: Summit League Men's Basketball Post-Season Awards

Happy for Cody to be the DPOY.

Nothing else was really surprising.

I would have gone with Nagy for COY, but I am obviously biased.

Richman had all of Saul's players whereas Nagy had many new players and lost three 1000 point scorers.

I can see how Richman won, however, as NDSU was picked 5th in the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Happy for Cody to be the DPOY.

Nothing else was really surprising.

I would have gone with Nagy for COY, but I am obviously biased.

Richman had all of Saul's players whereas Nagy had many new players and lost three 1000 point scorers.

I can see how Richman won, however, as NDSU was picked 5th in the conference.
      Agree with all that. This year is Nagys best coaching job,imo

Comment

I did not see any big surprises in the awards. Nagy was deserving of Coach of the Year, but Richman definitely was also.

There are plenty of mentions of SDSU on that list (I count six), a confirmation that our program is running well. We're returning two All Conference guards for next year too, a fact that's going to put SDSU at/near the top in the preseason polls. The only other team that can say that is ORU, and one of them is currently suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          I did not see any big surprises in the awards. Nagy was deserving of Coach of the Year, but Richman definitely was also.

There are plenty of mentions of SDSU on that list (I count six), a confirmation that our program is running well. We're returning two All Conference guards for next year too, a fact that's going to put SDSU at/near the top in the preseason polls. The only other team that can say that is ORU, and one of them is currently suspended.
          Has Nagy ever gotten a coach of the year award?
          "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
            Has Nagy ever gotten a coach of the year award?
            Conference Coach of the Year five times in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2003

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              Conference Coach of the Year five times in 1996, 1997, 1998, 2002 and 2003
              I guess I meant at the DI level, but that answers my question. I believe he has deserved the award at least once from the Summit League for what he has done in his tenure.
              "Macy Miller could play for anybody in the country. She's an all-league guard in the SEC. And South Dakota State, there's no doubt they could play in our league. They wouldn't finish in the bottom half either." --Jimmy Dykes

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked4Days View Post
                I guess I meant at the DI level, but that answers my question. I believe he has deserved the award at least once from the Summit League for what he has done in his tenure.
                I would agree with this years team, his defense coaching has been outstanding.

Comment

Ndsu had a vote to win the confrence which my guess was from sdsu. If we cared to win at usd nagy probably wins it. My yellow and blue glasses spin on it. Nagy and sdsu are probably thought of as a good team and program in general so people expect them to do well. And the vote goes to the team who totally beat their preseason expectation. Example when we won the confrence and molinari from western won it.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                  X