Basketball schedules down the stretch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball schedules down the stretch

I like how both the MBB and WBB teams have their toughest games left at home.

Men's Basketball Standings-
    1) NDSU- Plays @SDSU
    2) SDSU-
    3) Oral Roberts- Plays @SDSU
    4) IPFW
    5) USD- SDSU plays there.
    6) Denver
    7) IUPUI
    8) Western Illinois- SDSU plays there.
    9) Omaha

Women's Basketball Standings-
    1) USD- Plays @SDSU
    2) SDSU-
    3) Western Illinois- Plays @SDSU
    4) IUPUI- Plays @ SDSU
    5) ORU- SDSU plays there.
    6) NDSU
    7) Denver- SDSU plays there.
    8) IPFW-
    9) Omaha- SDSU plays there.

Re: Basketball schedules down the stretch

The 2 road games for the women could be tougher this week if Waytashek is sidelined. The backups will need to continue the hustle from the Ft Wayne game. Denver is 3-2 at home in conference. ORU is 5-0 at home in conference. Road games are always scary. Neither game should be considered a slam dunk. The WBB is finding more game recently since the win at WIU was big and the IPFW game found scoring from Ober and Thompson. Clarin also seems more focused. There should be more concern since 4 players are on the bench with injury. It is not often we see only 10 Jackrabbits dressed.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This injury situation is serious with these two road games. If MW is out, I'd have to be happy with us winning one of the two. Hopefully we'll get good news about her soon.

Comment

Huge game tonight for the women. Its a must win to stay alive for the 1 seed and a loss with make it very hard to get the 2 seed.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It is always interesting to read the threads when I get home from watching a game. It IS hard to believe we lost to Denver, but in watching the game I was impressed by the way DU played, and also dismayed, as the rest of you, that we just could not put the basket in the hole...and we had plenty of near-the-basket attempts but few scores. I don't think you can say, however, that we aren't as deep. Of course a team isn't as deep if it loses two experienced seniors (one early, one later), and then at crunch time in the conference, you have two more starters out when you have to hit the road. It is not only that we miss Megan W's scoring, rebounding and leadership. But it means we take out two starters, start two of our best "7" behind that, and now we are moving way down the bench for reserves.

How do you think ORU would look right now if McIntyre were out injured, or Luke at WIU, or Contreras at USD, etc. I understand coaches say that is just time for the replacements to step up...and I get that. But sometimes that just doesn't happen. Add Megan back in the mix tonight, and Jacks go 1-1 on the road...just what the doctor ordered, even if it isn't the way any of us (or the team) expected it.

We may not win the #1 seed, but we will be no worse than #2 IMO.

Comment

I'd like to add that we get 5 days off until we have to play our last road game, more time to heal up, not a lot, but more than the 2 days off we had between our first two road games on this road swing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
              We may not win the #1 seed, but we will be no worse than #2 IMO.
              Agreed, getting a 1 or 2 seed is mainly the only thing that matters. It would be nice to be regular season champs but having a day off is a nice advantage instead of playing 3 games in 3 days.

It will be interesting to see how USD fairs at Denver if Hemiller is still out.

Comment

The Bison have a tough ending to the season. After they leave Frost, they will host the Indiana schools in Fargo. Either one of those teams could pull a win on the road. The last game is the road trip to Tulsa where the Golden Eagles could be a very serious test the Bison. LA could be tired by the time March rolls around. The #1 seed and #2 seed ought to have ORU in the tossup as much as the Jacks and Bison. The Bison have the toughest schedule remaining of this trio. IPFW is a long, long shot to make top 2 seeds. They would need to win out while the Bison drop 3 of 4. Meanwhile, Frost should chill the Bison today.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                X