Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    NDSU has 1 double-digit win so far this conference season. That was against WIU by 13 (SDSU beat WIU by 31). Their average margin of victory is about 5 points and have 2 OT games. The Bison could easily be 1-7 right now. Their team lives and dies by LA. How many more close games can the Bison win?
    They are definitely not much better than ANY team in this conference, but they do know how to close out a game if it is close. Road games at WIU, Denver, SDSU and ORU are still to come.

Comment

Denver's offense does not collect many free throws. Denver shoots 7 free throws and the Bison shoot 25 free throws(10 of those in OT)
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
        NDSU has 1 double-digit win so far this conference season. That was against WIU by 13 (SDSU beat WIU by 31). Their average margin of victory is about 5 points and have 2 OT games. The Bison could easily be 1-7 right now. Their team lives and dies by LA. How many more close games can the Bison win?

You mean it is possible to win the SL with 1 dominant PG and a supporting cast of role players? This sounds familiar.

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
          You mean it is possible to win the SL with 1 dominant PG and a supporting cast of role players? This sounds familiar.
          Jordan Dyskstra - 1661 career points (top 5 at SDSU) 835 career rebounds (top 4 at SDSU)
          Chad White - 1234 career points
          Brayden Carlson - 1132 career points, 138 steals (top 10 at SDSU)

Comment

Yep woodside and some role players.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Jordan Dyskstra - 1661 career points (top 5 at SDSU) 835 career rebounds (top 4 at SDSU)
              Chad White - 1234 career points
              Brayden Carlson - 1132 career points, 138 steals (top 10 at SDSU)
              2014 Bison had 4 players with over a 1,000 points and 1 more with 978. They had 1 dominant player in Taylor Braun.
              2009 Bison had 4 players with over a 1,000 points. They had 1 dominant player in Ben Woodside.

Seems to me the Bison and Jack teams were very similar. What this has to do with 2015 I have no clue, but it will be interesting in Sioux Falls in March.

Comment

2014 Bison had 4 players with over a 1,000 points and 1 more with 978. They had 1 dominant player in Taylor Braun.
                2009 Bison had 4 players with over a 1,000 points. They had 1 dominant player in Ben Woodside.

Seems to me the Bison and Jack teams were very similar. What this has to do with 2015 I have no clue, but it will be interesting in Sioux Falls in March.
                And this NDSU group is not at that level.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think the Jacks vs. Bison game in Brookings will clear some things up. The Jacks got off to horrid start in Fargo and still almost pulled it out.

Jacks have been blowing teams out, Bison have been squeking games out. Aside from the win in Fargo it appears the Jacks are better.

I feel pretty good about the Jacks at this point in the season.

Comment

You are the one that brought up the role players comment. I just responded w/ stats showing Wolter's teammates were not necessarily role players as compared to Alexander's teammates.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      You are the one that brought up the role players comment. I just responded w/ stats showing Wolter's teammates were not necessarily role players as compared to Alexander's teammates.
                      Just for fun:
                      2013 Jacks-
                      Dykstra 12.5 ppg
                      White - 9.8 ppg
                      Carlson- 9.1 ppg

2015 Bison
                      Jacobson 10.4 ppg
                      Brown 10.3 ppg
                      Werner 9.5 ppg

The difference in scoring between the 2 sets is 1.2 points per game in favor of SDSU.

Comment

Okay boys we play the game on Feb??? Not sure of the date, but we do play and as someone already said, several things will be settled that day.

Comment

This years Bison team is a far cry from the Nate Wolter's lead Jackrabbit teams that won the SL. I might not know much but I know this much. Not sure if that's what you are suggesting, if so it's the green and gold glasses in front of your eyes and not your brain suggesting it (I hope).
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Just for fun:
                            2013 Jacks-
                            Dykstra 12.5 ppg
                            White - 9.8 ppg
                            Carlson- 9.1 ppg

2015 Bison
                            Jacobson 10.4 ppg
                            Brown 10.3 ppg
                            Werner 9.5 ppg

The difference in scoring between the 2 sets is 1.2 points per game in favor of SDSU.
                            Are you serious? Yeah the numbers might be a little close but the eye test certainly not. If you think this years Bison team can stay with the 12-13 SDSU team, you're nuts. SDSU was down by 20 this year in Fargo and damn near got the win. I'm just pointing out NDSU has not been dominate (home or away) and are barley getting by some teams. It will be interesting to see what Sioux Falls has in-store.
                            Last edited by SanDakotaState; 01-30-2015, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Just for fun:
                              2013 Jacks-
                              Dykstra 12.5 ppg
                              White - 9.8 ppg
                              Carlson- 9.1 ppg

2015 Bison
                              Jacobson 10.4 ppg
                              Brown 10.3 ppg
                              Werner 9.5 ppg

Also so being left out is fiegen averaging over ten a game during the season.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                This years Bison team is a far cry from the Nate Wolter's lead Jackrabbit teams that won the SL. I might not know much but I know this much. Not sure if that's what you are suggesting, if so it's the green and gold glasses in front of your eyes and not your brain suggesting it (I hope).
                                You are 100% missing my point. All those stats prove is it takes one dominant player and a stream of role players/ solid supporting cast to win the SL. It has been proven for the last 6 years with Woodside, Benson, Wolters & Braun. As of halfway point through this season the favorite for SL player of the year is LA if you judge by stats and record.

Comment

Working...
                                X