Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    The Jacks roll into this game being able to be loose and not have any pressure on them. They've already guaranteed a #2 seed. And honestly there is absolutely no difference between #1 and #2. The guys will be able to play loose and enjoy it for what it is..USD however has to win this game to he able to say they had a successful season.

This game doesn't matter to me at all. I feel the same way about this one that I do any lower level conference team...get in, play the game, don't have any injuries, and move on to the teams we will be challenged by for the tournament championship.
    I hope the team does not share your feelings, because it's a recipe to get embarrassed by 20 points or more. You do not want this to happen going into the conference tournament.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Jacks roll into this game being able to be loose and not have any pressure on them. They've already guaranteed a #2 seed. And honestly there is absolutely no difference between #1 and #2. The guys will be able to play loose and enjoy it for what it is..USD however has to win this game to he able to say they had a successful season.

This game doesn't matter to me at all. I feel the same way about this one that I do any lower level conference team...get in, play the game, don't have any injuries, and move on to the teams we will be challenged by for the tournament championship.
      There is a big difference between the 1 and the 2 and his name is Steve Forbes. It appears as if IPFW will be the 3 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
        There is a big difference between the 1 and the 2 and his name is Steve Forbes. It appears as if IPFW will be the 3 seed.

Bingo. I said it previously that IPFW is the only team in the league that can matchup with us in the post. Avoiding IPFW until the finals would be a really good thing.

Comment

Possibly the most ridiculous post ever.

Comment

They've already guaranteed a #2 seed. And honestly there is absolutely no difference between #1 and #2.
            Does the #1 regular season champ get guaranteed a spot in the NIT if they lose in the tourney, or is that just for the women?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              Possibly the most ridiculous post ever.
              In all due respects to SoDakJack, we can not have an embarrassment in Vermillion. I hoping the team does like Coach Nagy said that if someone tells you are doing great, don't believe them. I HAVE NO ROOM to talk about others and their ridiculous posts, but this was not a good one.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 02-26-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post

That rich old guy who has a magazine named after him? why does he matter.....just kidding, but seriously, IPFW was just gassed last year in the finals with NDSU.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  That rich old guy who has a magazine named after him? why does he matter.....
                  I will start to wonder if I see Forbes backing someone down in the post yelling "Flat Tax! Flat Tax!".

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                    Does the #1 regular season champ get guaranteed a spot in the NIT if they lose in the tourney, or is that just for the women?
                    As long as they are the #1 seed, then yes.

Comment

I hope I'm wrong, but this #1/#2 race won't be decided until about 6PM on Saturday. NDSU ought to be able to pull off another one of their close wins over a possibly-distracted ORU team tonight. Then all eyes will turn to our game in Vermillion. Rivalry game, Coyotes coming off a butt-kicking, SDSU playing less than stellar on the road all year; this one is as unpredictable as every game we have played there since USD joined the Summit. It could be a 15-point win either way.

We know a few other things now. One of them is that the first round tournament games have the potential to be much more competitive than past years.

- The #1 seed is going to open up with WIU, a team that certainly can not be written off as a sure win (remember last week?).
                      - #2 will face IUPUI or Denver. This one is still up in the air. Both teams slow the game way down, increasing the pressure in an already pressure-packed tournament environment.
                      - USD/ORU will face each other in the 4/5 game. Both of these teams are unpredictable.

- FW seems headed for #3 and will face IUPUI/Denver. Avoiding them in round two is a nice prize. Maybe ORU can get it together and help us win it tonight.

Comment

The most important reason to want help from ORU to beat the Bison would be to win the conference outright and enjoy the game against the Yotes with a win. I would still feel better going into the tournament with the winning streak intact. As we worry about one match up or another, it takes the flavor of the thread of losing to miss a particular team for one round. The tournament may(will) bring out all the teams best game. It may be compared to the year the Jackrabbits won over ORU as the 7 seed. The #1 and #2 seeds have the potential day off should they win on Saturday. That should be or is the reward for playing well through the season. Whoever they play in round 2 will not have that benefit. IPFW(or any winning team from Sunday) will not have an extra day of rest or planning. All the coaches and teams will have a week to get ready for the first game which puts a little more edge on the teams. Lets win the first game of the SLT.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Nagy will have the team ready. I don't see the team coming out flat with a conference championship on the line. SDSU spotted USD 20 points in Frost and still won by double digits. If they bring effort to the game, the Jacks should win.

As far as the NDSU/ORU game tonight, I see the Bison pulling this one out with another stellar performance by LA. Something is very wrong with the team in Tulsa.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                            Nagy will have the team ready. I don't see the team coming out flat with a conference championship on the line. SDSU spotted USD 20 points in Frost and still won by double digits. If they bring effort to the game, the Jacks should win.

As far as the NDSU/ORU game tonight, I see the Bison pulling this one out with another stellar performance by LA. Something is very wrong with the team in Tulsa.
                            After the ORU game at Frost,Sutton said his team acted like they didn't want to be there. Might be true for the rest of the season.

Comment

Let's take this one step at a time. I want the Jacks to win the conference championship, then start worrying about whoever they play in the post-season tourney. Conference championships go down in team history and can be looked back at with pride (and bragged about) in the future. Second-place finishes are quickly forgotten, whether in the conference or in the tourney.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

I've seen us come out flat on the road/in the Dome too many times to be comfortable with this game. The good thing is that since we have so many guys this year that can take over, we won't be dependent on just one guy starting off right.

I'll actually be at this game for my first Jacks game of the year.
                                Originally posted by JackFan96
                                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                                X