Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    The best case for SDSU on Saturday would be a IPFW win and of course a SDSU win. IPFW would pretty much seal up the #3 seed with a "W" as would SDSU with the #1 seed.
    I am assuming if the standings hold form the Jacks own some sort of tie-breaker over NDSU, as they are consistently listed first. Since this is not football we don't get as much tie-breaker attention up here in Fargo.

Comment

I think we are listed first because we have a slightly better over all record.

#1 seed is still to be determined.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
        Just tell me, no, sell me on what makes Frost so special of a place to watch a game? I admit the Dome is horrible for a game atmosphere, but Frost is at best so so.
        YFE...sorry I started this with my little ****dump comment...but I just can't stand watching a basketball game in a football stadium. What does Frost have that USD doesn't...a closed in bowl of seats (OK, bleachers stink) filled with fans. I'll take that every time. And so will you when you get a basketball arena (if you can fill it with fans...that will be interesting to see). And you might want to hold your tongue on renovating Frost. It's coming (and relatively soon, with the football stadium just needing a little more attention). Having said all this...I might even consider coming down to USD again to watch basketball...while I refuse to go and sit in the d***, err make that Dome.

Comment

The Bison have 2 difficult games remaining as they host IPFW and travel to Tulsa to end the conference play. If they win out and SDSU wins out, the tie breaker could be USD beating the Bison early. The #1 seed would be for the Jackrabbits in that scenario... However, there could be many other scenarios occur in the next week if one of the co-leaders drop a game. When the Jackrabbits were 0-2 after the first week, this is an exciting way to end the conference play.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by scbison View Post
            I am assuming if the standings hold form the Jacks own some sort of tie-breaker over NDSU, as they are consistently listed first. Since this is not football we don't get as much tie-breaker attention up here in Fargo.
            We currently have the tie-breaker advantage because of NDSU's loss to USD. If the Jacks win out, it will include a sweep of USD - there's your tiebreaker. The #1 seed is currently SDSU's to lose. Keeping it won't be easy, unless FW can get a win in Fargo. I expect that we will be in for a real fight down in Vermillion.

Some say that it does not matter whether you get the #1 or #2 seed. There's a little truth to that, but only a little. First, the #1 seed probably gets to avoid playing FW until the finals. I know you have to beat them to get where you want to go, but I'd much rather not face them until the end. Let them get tired out from playing two consecutive days. Secondly, as far as I understand it, the #1 seed gets the NIT auto-bid (if they fail to win the tournament). I know, I know.... we are not supposed to think about that - championship or bust.... blah, blah, blah. However, the NIT beats the heck out of the other "also-ran" tournaments. With this year's parity, no team is going to have better than 50% odds of winning in Sioux Falls. I would not be surprised at all to see a #6, 7, or 8 seed get a win in the first round. It would be really nice to have that auto-bid in your back pocket... just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              We currently have the tie-breaker advantage because of NDSU's loss to USD. If the Jacks win out, it will include a sweep of USD - there's your tiebreaker. The #1 seed is currently SDSU's to lose. Keeping it won't be easy, unless FW can get a win in Fargo. I expect that we will be in for a real fight down in Vermillion.

Some say that it does not matter whether you get the #1 or #2 seed. There's a little truth to that, but only a little. First, the #1 seed probably gets to avoid playing FW until the finals. I know you have to beat them to get where you want to go, but I'd much rather not face them until the end. Let them get tired out from playing two consecutive days. Secondly, as far as I understand it, the #1 seed gets the NIT auto-bid (if they fail to win the tournament). I know, I know.... we are not supposed to think about that - championship or bust.... blah, blah, blah. However, the NIT beats the heck out of the other "also-ran" tournaments. With this year's parity, no team is going to have better than 50% odds of winning in Sioux Falls. I would not be surprised at all to see a #6, 7, or 8 seed get a win in the first round. It would be really nice to have that auto-bid in your back pocket... just in case.
              Assuming SDSU gets #1 seed and USD ends up with #4 or #5, it sets up a potential rematch in the 2nd round. The DSPC would be packed for that. No easy outs in this year's tournament. Makes me want to buy a full session pass and just spend 4 days at the DSPC.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                Assuming SDSU gets #1 seed and USD ends up with #4 or #5, it sets up a potential rematch in the 2nd round. The DSPC would be packed for that. No easy outs in this year's tournament. Makes me want to buy a full session pass and just spend 4 days at the DSPC.
                If you haven't I would encourage you to do so. At he arena was a good time watching nothing but 4 days of meaningful basketball. I can only assume the event center will be even better with the all session passes. More food options and cold beer. Can't wait.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  If you haven't I would encourage you to do so. At he arena was a good time watching nothing but 4 days of meaningful basketball. I can only assume the event center will be even better with the all session passes. More food options and cold beer. Can't wait.
                  They will also have a "Summit Lounge" (can't remember the exact name), a sports bar lounge/area that they are putting together for the tournament. It will be located on the lower concourse so people can hang out at between sessions if they choose to. They wanted to create an area where fans wouldn't necessarily have to leave if they didn't want to.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I want to see 10,000 in the building.

I want this.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I want this.
                      It would require more Yote fans than typically attend. It would create some energy in the arena. If the NDSU/SDSU match occurred, 10K would be a possibility. The USD/SDSU women game may fetch record numbers as well.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I want this.
                        Be a good reason to show why sf built the event center. The arena was maxed out. Would be great to take if off the charts again. But we all know that means both sdsu teams need to make a deep run.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

An interesting comparison would be to compare Summit Tourney attendence with all other conferences.

Someone with more time than me want to do that?

Edit:

Found this: http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/m_bask...ttend/2014.pdf

The Summit is 13th out of 32 conferences in per session attendence for the conference tourney. Hard to compare total attendence when we only have four sessions an some have 6 or more.

Comment

The Bison really need to beat Fort Wayne tomorrow , not only to keep pace with the Jacks but to stay ahead of the Dons. If they would lose tomorrow and lose their final game in Tulsa , Fort Wayne could tie them and would hold the tie-breaker. It will be interesting to see if Alexander wears out in the stretch run. Was surprised to see he is averaging 38.9 minutes for the year and has played 40,40,45 and 38 twice in the last 5 games. The Jacks starters average from 28 to 32 , even with what we see as a short bench.

Comment

Massey Ratings have the Bison winning by 4. It is senior day for Alexander which might provide even more juice for the Bison star. IPFW may not be impressed with these items and shackle LA(20 points). Forbes may be too much to contain. LA could run short at the end today. One more overtime for the Bison, but this one goes the other way. IPFW by 2.
                              The IUPUI men go to Vermillion. The big men from Indiana and the perimeter defense "should" beat the Yotes in the Dome. Although the Yotes higher in the standings help the Jackrabbits at this time, the Jags could be a tough matchup for the Yotes.
                              Denver has had problems this year, but the Leathernecks seem to have more problems. It is a hard game to call. The coin flip says home team.

Comment

• 2015 Summit MBB

I'd love to be able to watch that NDSU/FW game. I'm pretty sure that FW is the better team, but I don't know if they are going to get the win in Fargo - especially on senior day. FW is on the second leg of a tough road trip too. If they do win, I'd have to say that they might be the true favorite in Sioux Falls. I'd be impressed. The good thing is that one of those teams is going to take a loss today.

Many of USD's fans were tossing their team under the bus after a blowout loss at NDSU. Now they are the "road warriors" etc. This is a game they need to win at home.

The Denver/WIU game will probably feature our first-round tournament opponent. I guess Denver scares me more than WIU.

Comment

Working...
                                X