Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2015 Summit MBB

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
    Because while you provide valuable insight on most USD matters, comparing the Dome to Frost is not your strong suit. You were completely off base with your "what's worst Frost or the Dome" comment.

I will fully admit that I have never been to a basketball game at the Dome. However, I was there for a graduation in December, and while I struggled to see through the BLINDING lights (I felt like I should have been wearing sunglasses) I could see the basketball setup underneath the graduation podium. To be frank, I could not believe my eyes. I couldn't fathom how any fan of any school would put up with that for as long as USD fans have. You definitely deserve that new Arena you have coming.
    Basketball is bad in the Fargodome, I don't want to know what a game is like in the Dakota Dome. Basketball should be in basketball arenas, not Domes or hockey arenas

Comment

There are three games tonight, all with top-3 implications. There's a lot to sort out yet. There are only a couple of things that appear to be fairly clear.

- SDSU appears safe for a top-2 finish. They would have to lose both remaining games plus have either FW or ORU win their last four to drop to third. Possible, but unlikely.

- WIU appears locked into the #8 seed. They still have to make the Indiana road trip.

Tonight IUPUI is at NDSU. I'm expecting a relatively easy NDSU win, unless they are looking ahead to their big showdown with IPFW (Saturday).

ORU is at Omaha. I'm not expecting much help from Omaha, but it is a road game for ORU. We know how that goes.

FW is at Denver. FW is rolling with a six-game win streak (including three on the road). Denver has lost five out of their last six, including two consecutive at home. I think Denver's only hope is if FW is looking ahead to the NDSU game. We'll know a lot more about just how good this FW team is after these two road games.

Comment

Tyler Merriam tweet from this morning..... @GoJacksMBB clinches a top two seed tonight if both IPFW & ORU lose. A Jacks win Saturday would also do it, regardless of other scores.

Comment

Tonight slate of games:

IUPUI @ NDSU -9.5 Bison

Game of the night imo. Last time these 2 teams met they went into OT in Indy. Both play dismal offense and are scrappy teams that play terrific defense. LA will have to will his team to another "W" again tonight if they want a legit chance for a regular season championship.

ORU @ UNO- -2.5 Golden Eagles

A "must win" game for ORU if they still want a chance for a top 2 seed. ORU is coming off a terrible home loss against USD. Look for them to come out motivated and take care of the Mavs.

IPFW @ Denver -4 Pioneers

It will be very interesting to see how Denver handles IPFW on their home-court. They are a totally different team in Denver but they are coming off a home loss to IUPUI. Can the Don's remain hot on the road?

Comment

NDSU has scored 8 points in the first 13 minutes at home against IUPUI. The bad news is that IUPUI only managed 13 in the same amount of time.

Comment

NDSU and IUPUI must be having some kind of throwback night. They appear to be attempting to set the game of basketball back to the pre-shot clock era. NDSU up 24-22 at the half.

Comment

Like I said in the thread when we played them: I'm so thankful that we play an uptempo form of offense. I'd gouge out my eyes watching that team play 15+ times a year.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  NDSU and IUPUI must be having some kind of throwback night. They appear to be attempting to set the game of basketball back to the pre-shot clock era. NDSU up 24-22 at the half.
                  Bison setting a new standard in FT shooting.

(2-8)

Comment

There's still a little hope for the Jacks getting help from an upset tonight but all the wrong teams are leading. No big surprise.

NDSU 44
                    IUPUI 38
                    5:00 to go.

ORU 60
                    Omaha 57
                    10:00

FW 21
                    DEN 16
                    3:00 in first half

Comment

Bison/IUPUI goes final.

56-48 NDSU

Comment

ORU over Omaha

81-78

Comment

IPFW is killing Denver on the road. There will be a great match-up in Fargo on Saturday.

Comment

IPFW wins 63-47. No way the Bison stay with the Dons if they play like they did tonight against IUPUI. Saturday's match-up between those 2 teams will be very interesting.

Comment

• 2015 Summit MBB

FW definitely has my attention. That's four consecutive road wins and seven straight overall. I'd prefer not to see SDSU run into them in the second round at Sioux Falls. Let's hope they stay in that #3/4 spot and have to play three consecutive nights.

Comment

The best case for SDSU on Saturday would be a IPFW win and of course a SDSU win. IPFW would pretty much seal up the #3 seed with a "W" as would SDSU with the #1 seed.

Comment

Working...
                                X