MBB Summit OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MBB Summit OOC

Haskell, Judson, Northland, yuck. I'm glad we started with these types of games and finished with some challenges.

Comment

I don't think this Haskell team would have competed too good in the recently All Native Tourney in Rapid City.

http://www.haskellathletics.com/schedule/0/1.php

Speaking of Eddie Haskell, I seen an old re-run of Lassie where Timmy was doing the right thing and joining Boy Scouts. One of Timmy's friends had a cousin visiting from Chicago, who in the end started a forest fire. Eddie was up to snuff in that episode wise guy and all.

Comment

Summit goes 1-2 today

Chicago State 69 UNO 66
        NC Central 70 IUPUI 49
        St. Joseph's 73 Denver 77
        Last edited by SanDakotaState; 12-29-2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

ORU holds on in OT to defeat Detroit 77-73. Emegano makes 31 points and Billbury has 22 points.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            ORU holds on in OT to defeat Detroit 77-73. Emegano makes 31 points and Billbury has 22 points.
            Good road win for ORU even though Detroit is down this year.

Comment

Cal Poly 71 IPFW 57. Forbes is back into the lineup for 23 minutes. He brings 12 points and 2 rebounds. Mastodons have 7-6 OOC record and appear more average than early predictions. WIU gets their DIII win over Anderson 74-62.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

This should be one exciting, unpredictable conference season

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                  Win the home games and split on the road. That would be 12 wins and should be good enough to win the conference. Doesnt that sound easy.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                    I thought we might have a decent idea how the Summit season might shake out by the time OOC play ended. I honestly can't say I'm much closer to figuring it out than I was in November.

IUPUI and WIU look like they'll be bottom-feeders. USD's record is not impressive, but they'll win some games. I would not be surprised if they finish in the middle of the pack. Denver, ORU and Omaha have me stumped. At least one of those is bound to contend for the title. IPFW has been hard to get a handle on due to the Forbes injury. If he gets healthy they'll be fighting for a top-4 finish. NDSU has some decent wins but they have a huge hole at the post and have depth issues. Any injury could send them plunging in the standings. They also are playing in a makeshift arena at an off-campus site. SDSU looks like they have solid top-4 potential if Larson and Marshall stay healthy, but I'm a little concerned about the offense. If the Marshall-adjustment continues to improve, they ought to have a shot at the title.

I agree with Mitchellrabbit about the old "win at home and split on the road" philosophy for this year. I would not be surprised if a couple of teams end up tied for the title with 12 wins.

Comment

• Re: MBB Summit OOC

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Win the home games and split on the road. That would be 12 wins and should be good enough to win the conference. Doesnt that sound easy.
                      I look forward to a victory or two on the road this week. We will see if the long road trip to Utah readied the Jackrabbits for Denver and the Bison. 2-0 would be a great place to start.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        I look forward to a victory or two on the road this week. We will see if the long road trip to Utah readied the Jackrabbits for Denver and the Bison. 2-0 would be a great place to start.
                        Lets try for 1-1. Everyone except USD won at home last night. NDSU beat Oral Roberts 72-66 and Western Ill beat IPFW 73-67. USD blows a double digit lead and loses 86-77 to UNO.

Comment

Omaha beat UND today 80-78 in Grand Forks.

UND MBB is a trainwreck.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            Omaha beat UND today 80-78 in Grand Forks.

UND MBB is a trainwreck.
                            Omaha might be coming around finally or maybe not. UND who knows a trainwreck might be the right word.

Comment

Working...
                            X