Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014-2015 College Insider Women's Mid-Major Poll

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Possible voter errors? Couldn't remember if it was South, No Wait, North Dakota State U., or South Dakota. Note the North Dakota also getting votes (UND is legit as likely top Big Sky team).

At least in the mid-major, can't get confused for San Diego St, like occurred in 08-09 in coaches' and AP top 25.

Jacks win these next 3, they may start getting AP top 25 votes. Especially if take down Green Bay.
    According to the AP poll, Green Bay's the first team in the top 25 when someone drops out, but not if they lose tomorrow. They know this , so a lot is at stake for them too. I expect a very hard fought contest tomorrow.

Comment

12/9

SDSU moves up 3 spots to #10 while USD and NDSU(?) garner 11 votes each.

Notable Ranked Teams

#1 James Madison
      #2 Green Bay
      #8 UALR
      #10 SDSU
      #11 BYU
      #23 UND

Notable Teams Receiving Votes ()

NDSU (11)?
      USD (11)
      UNC (7)

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php
      Last edited by SanDakotaState; 12-16-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

not sure how NDSU (4-4) and USD (7-2) end up each with 11 votes? NDSU has defeated Kent St, NE (Mass), NJIT, and Mayville St---with losses to Milwaukee, West Mich, UND, and lost by 51 to Miss St.

USD defeated Drake, Portland St, UC Irvine, @Marquette, Northern Iowa, Cal St Fullerton, Valparaiso. Lost by 8 @ Kansas, and did get spanked by Washington. think one could make a pretty good argument for usd to be much higher than ndsu. i wouldn't be surprised if amy williams has them breaking the top 25 soon.

imo, i believe it will be a battle of usd and sdsu for summit title. if williams keeps this up, her name will be looked at awful close for bigger things. just watch. btw, no fan of usd---just calling it as i see it.

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
          I think one could make a pretty good argument for usd to be much higher than ndsu. i wouldn't be surprised if amy williams has them breaking the top 25 soon.

imo, i believe it will be a battle of usd and sdsu for summit title. if williams keeps this up, her name will be looked at awful close for bigger things. just watch. btw, no fan of usd---just calling it as i see it.
          I can't argue with that. USD does not have any big wins, but they are certainly taking care of business. The matchups between SDSU and USD should be pretty entertaining. That February 21 doubleheader featuring the USD women and ORU men is going to be quite an evening.

Comment

12/16

SDSU remains at #10 despite the 2 point loss to #2 GB and a win against #10 in RPI, MTSU. USD is still receiving votes.

Notable Ranked Teams

#1 James Madison
            #2 Green Bay
            #8 UALR
            #9 BYU
            #10 SDSU

Notable Teams Receiving Votes()

UND (36)
            USD (27)
            Marist (10)
            UNC (5)

Comment

UND plays at Vermillion on Dec 21.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We play UALR and USD matches up with Chattanooga later on. Summit teams still have a chance to mess up the top 10 a little yet.

Comment

We are finally getting to the part of the season where polls and RPI start to really mean something. The fact that SDSU in the top-10 with a win over #9 and a 2-point loss to #2 is significant. A decent post season resume is building, if they can keep rolling.

UALR will be a very tough test and another chance for a win that would boost the resume. AJ spoke highly of them last night in the postgame interview. LSU, Oaklahoma and Memphis are among the teams they have beat thus far. Their only loss is to 7-1 Tulane. If we win, expect it to be "ugly".

Comment

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings
                    It may be a little drift, but Green Bay is #24 in the big poll for women today.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

12/23

SDSU remains at #10 and USD is still receiving votes.

Notable Ranked Teams

#1 James Madison
                      #2 Green Bay
                      #8 BYU
                      #9 UALR
                      #10 SDSU
                      #25 UNC

Notable Teams Receiving Votes()

Marist (29)
                      USD (26)
                      UND (5)

Comment

SDSU is ranked #11 in ESPN's Women's Mid-Major Poll

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...major-rankings

Comment

SDSU is at #9 in College Insider. That is between BYU and UALR. Green Bay went to #2. USD has 14 votes in the also ran division. There are no other Summit teams showing.

Comment

12/30

SDSU moves up 1 spot to #9 while USD loses a couple votes. UALR somehow received 1 first place vote and jumped the Jacks in the ranks after a 25 point loss to SDSU 2 weeks ago.

Notable Ranked Teams

#1 James Madison
                            #2 Green Bay
                            #8 UALR
                            #9 SDSU
                            #10 BYU

Notables Teams Receiving Votes()

Marist (53)
                            USD (14)
                            UNC (2)

Comment

We are at our peak with this group of voters I believe. Who we going to beat to move up?

I think the loss to UWGB was the key to preventing us being ranked higher. I see UALR as the only team that can drop down some with a few more losses and give us a spot maybe one position higher. Unless one of the others "self destructs"

Comment

WBB poll out for mid-major top 25,we fall 3 spots to #12 after the loss to the Bison.

Comment

Working...
                                X