This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit League Ups Exit Fee

According to a tweet from TV, Tom Douple said the Summit League has upped it's exit fee from $250,000 when UMKC and Oakand left to $1,000,000 currently. All of the current members must feel pretty good about the league if they were willing to up the fee that much.

Re: Summit League Ups Exit Fee

If and when SDSU makes an exit, I hope that the move brings in enough dollars to make this fee an incidental expense.

Comment

up here in ne/sd, i catch 740thefan once in awhile---just to see what fargo is saying about sports. mostly just interested in football and summit league topics. the other day, i just happen to catch ndsu men's bb discussion. the part that caught my ear was when they started to discuss Summit League basketball. stating the Summit is mainly an afterthought amongst top leagues and nobody in fargo wants to come out and watch teams with all the "letters" in their names (referring to IPFW, IUPUI). the commentators seemed to think the best thing that could happen to ndsu would be to join the MVC. yet, the two of them were in agreement the possibility of that happening is zero. i was waiting to hear their reasoning why they hold that opinion, but, they didn't go into any detail. i can only guess they may feel it's because of the travel costs it would involve for most schools, or, they have some insight that the MVC has no thoughts of expanding.

anyway, i know a few years ago or so, i had heard whispers that sdsu would be interested in the MVC. i wonder if that still rings true, and, if anyone has any comments to share on the subject?

Comment

In line with the post above, whatever happened to the UMKC to the summit talk?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          In line with the post above, whatever happened to the UMKC to the summit talk?
          That might never come up again until they announce UMKC to return or the WAC folds and UMKC goes elsewhere. It has been the history that new teams are announced publicly after the deal is done.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by krak-r-jacks View Post
            up here in ne/sd, i catch 740thefan once in awhile---just to see what fargo is saying about sports. mostly just interested in football and summit league topics. the other day, i just happen to catch ndsu men's bb discussion. the part that caught my ear was when they started to discuss Summit League basketball. stating the Summit is mainly an afterthought amongst top leagues and nobody in fargo wants to come out and watch teams with all the "letters" in their names (referring to IPFW, IUPUI). the commentators seemed to think the best thing that could happen to ndsu would be to join the MVC. yet, the two of them were in agreement the possibility of that happening is zero. i was waiting to hear their reasoning why they hold that opinion, but, they didn't go into any detail. i can only guess they may feel it's because of the travel costs it would involve for most schools, or, they have some insight that the MVC has no thoughts of expanding.

anyway, i know a few years ago or so, i had heard whispers that sdsu would be interested in the MVC. i wonder if that still rings true, and, if anyone has any comments to share on the subject?
            740 the fan should never be used for any real news related to any sorts of sports. The noon show is a disaster. The host does play by play for UND football and NDSU womens basketball. He is knowledgeable when it comes to local Girls Basketball which is about it. The show has the same 5 callers every week and has to reach into the NDSU/UND well or UND nickname well to actually get call-ins. If you want info out of Fargo, only get it from Kolpack/Izzo.

NDSU's attendance is perfectly fine considering they played 6 miles from campus in a hockey arena. The fans know the opponents now. Obviously the MVC would be a better basketball conference, but there is a lot of no-name teams there once you get past Wichita St, UNI & the football rivals

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              According to a tweet from TV, Tom Douple said the Summit League has upped it's exit fee from $250,000 when UMKC and Oakand left to $1,000,000 currently. All of the current members must feel pretty good about the league if they were willing to up the fee that much.
              Just adjusted for inflation.......j/k

Clearly indicates Douple is looking for more stability in the Conference,and doesn't want any more defections.I can't blame him.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-05-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

NDSU won't ever be in the MVC because of geography and football. The private schools hate football and think adding a football school will tear the conference apart like what happened to the Big East.

Comment

Closing this thread . . . The exit fee was raised a year ago.

Feel free to re-start a thread on the generally miserable and unlistenable state of local Dakotas sports talk radio elsewhere.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X