This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gene Taylor Leaving NDSU for Iowa

Gene Taylor is leaving NDSU (effective at the end of July) for a position at Iowa (Deputy AD).
    http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinio...ndsu-for-iowa/

Re: Gene Taylor Leaving NDSU for Iowa

The Bison's glory days are over, at least for a few years. All three major coaches, and now the AD, have bailed out, or in the case of women's BB, been pushed overboard.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      The Bison's glory days are over, at least for a few years. All three major coaches, and now the AD, have bailed out, or in the case of women's BB, been pushed overboard.
      In the cases of Taylor,Bohl and Saul I wouldn't exactly call it bailing out.

Comment

Gene Taylor is a very good AD. Big shoes to fill. More-so than any of the coaches they lost this year.
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          The Bison's glory days are over, at least for a few years.
          I'll believe it when I see it.

Comment

Getting to the top is easier than staying on top.
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I'll believe it when I see it.
              Yeah, this.

Tradition is a powerful thing.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The next AD at NDSU will be getting a well oiled machine. They best not flup it up, or you will have 10,000 team makers to deal with.

Gene seemed to be a good guy a team player. I wish him the best at Iowa. I caught clip on the radio of his press conference. His wife had said when they came to Fargo: "The place is not bad, I think I could do five years here" and Gene reminded her that Fargo was not a federal prision. Also he got very emotional during his statement and asked anyone to crack a joke, so as to regain his composure. He is leaving for a better job and he is going to miss NDSU. Lets hope Justin Sells feels the same when he departs which I hope will be a decade or more away.

Comment

Here is a video of the press conference.

http://youtu.be/9mKGuMOEWeU?a

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Here is a video of the press conference.

http://youtu.be/9mKGuMOEWeU?a
                    Thanks for posting the link. It will be interesting to see who replaces Gene Taylor. He has had some challenges. Not every North Dakotan is a Bison fan. The petition incident comes to mind. There many calling for his head when this happened, but the state law of North Dakota was written which made the petition fraud a misdemeanor whereas in SD, it would be a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      There many calling for his head when this happened,
                      Please define many. I only ask because I did not hear about one person calling for his head. Not one. I also did not hear of one person calling for Bohl's head (over that incident). I did hear for people calling for the players' heads. Sure, I'm sure a couple whioux fans wanted the whole admin removed, but many? Seems questionable.

Comment

Seems like there was criticism of all who we're involved. Maybe the critics lived in Brookings. I know The Brookings County States Attorney in a private conversation explained the difference in state law. It's in the past now. What ever happen to Taylor's predecessor ? Is he still selling tents and meeting men?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Seems like there was criticism of all who we're involved. Maybe the critics lived in Brookings. I know The Brookings County States Attorney in a private conversation explained the difference in state law. It's in the past now. What ever happen to Taylor's predecessor ? Is he still selling tents and meeting men?
                          Why do you want to know?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                            Please define many. I only ask because I did not hear about one person calling for his head. Not one. I also did not hear of one person calling for Bohl's head (over that incident). I did hear for people calling for the players' heads. Sure, I'm sure a couple whioux fans wanted the whole admin removed, but many? Seems questionable.
                            I called for his head....so there,you were wrong.

Anyway, who do you think is on the short list to replace him. GT has hired all the coaches so the pressure should be off the new guy.....for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                              Why do you want to know?
                              Oh just trying to embarrass Bisonville just like Dr. Bob did.

Comment

Working...
                              X